Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 scoring shots to 0 after 10 minutes
Watching the Olympics & was going to watch AFL on delay... but sounds like won't be worth watching.

Dees season appears to be spiralling... whilst Bullies could do some damage in finals.

I don't think the AFL respects commentary as a profession. They underate how much it impacts the product they're trying to sell too.
Just because they won a Brownlow or a premiership doesn't mean they have the aptitude for commentating

Commentating is hard, you need your own style because if you roll out the same one liners others have already made their own it looks like you're trying too hard or seems fake.

They actually need to audition commentators and not just gift a loved player a role.

We all know Dangerfield will get a gig, but should he? Is he actually good a commentating what's happening or does he just know the game well?

So are the Bulldogs actually good now? Knocked off Geelong away, then Sydney last week, and looking good so far this week.

They seem to play better against better opposition.

Their facilities out at Whitten Oval are absolutely elite now..... They have talent galore on the park and play a modern fast footy style. Having Bont at the peak of his powers helps too.

Smoky for the flag IMO.

Dogs have played the Swans, Dees, Dockers and Cats twice before playing us this season, I know the fixture was messed up this year but how the **** does a professional organisation let that occur?

Their facilities out at Whitten Oval are absolutely elite now..... They have talent galore on the park and play a modern fast footy style. Having Bont at the peak of his powers helps too.

Smoky for the flag IMO.
Father sons, NGA’s #freekickbulldogs

Last edited:
Just because they won a Brownlow or a premiership doesn't mean they have the aptitude for commentating

Commentating is hard, you need your own style because if you roll out the same one liners others have already made their own it looks like you're trying too hard or seems fake.

They actually need to audition commentators and not just gift a loved player a role.

We all know Dangerfield will get a gig, but should he? Is he actually good a commentating what's happening or does he just know the game well?
It's also partly a natural gift. Some people just have pleasant sounding voices/manner of speaking. For example Dennis Cometti had a smooth sounding voice. At the other end of the spectrum would be people like Roo who sound like they're going through perpetual puberty. It doesn't matter if a person has insightful commentary if you can't stand listening to them speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took years to get used to “western bulldogs”

Now when they say Footscray

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Watching the Olympics & was going to watch AFL on delay... but sounds like won't be worth watching.

Dees season appears to be spiralling... whilst Bullies could do some damage in finals.

Their season appears over. Given where they are I don't see how they could justify giving Picket and a first rounder or two first round picks for Houston.

Their season appears over. Given where they are I don't see how they could justify giving Picket and a first rounder or two first round picks for Houston.
That would be an insane trade.

I would prefer Pickett over Houston.

Clayton Oliver absolutely cooked,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back