Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each year all it takes is 1 win from Port and everyone here gets scared.
I don't think it's about Port winning - I don't rate them.

I think it's more that there aren't any clear standout teams.

Sydney look suspect. Brisbane are flaky. Giants - who the hell knows. Fremantle won't win it. Geelong are good, but not great. Carlton are...Carlton. Bulldogs looking good, but who knows what they will do. Essendon? LOL. Hawthorn probably won't make it, but would be one team I'd not want to play against.

Sydney look suspect. Brisbane are flaky. Giants - who the hell knows. Fremantle won't win it. Geelong are good, but not great. Carlton are...Carlton. Bulldogs looking good, but who knows what they will do. Essendon? LOL. Hawthorn probably won't make it, but would be one team I'd not want to play against.
Regarding Sydney

Ben some talk on SEN that for the last 6-8 weeks or so they have had a heavy training load and will be tapering off to finals

Ive been guilty in previous years. :$

I learnt my lesson, never ever underestimate the Power Choke of September.

c44ff90a-489b-4417-950b-8675684a9e6b_text.gif

Regarding Sydney

Ben some talk on SEN that for the last 6-8 weeks or so they have had a heavy training load and will be tapering off to finals
Could very much be true. Won't be the first club to do this.

Might also be that adding Mills and Parker has unbalanced the team. Maybe some disunity.
Who knows. Going to be interesting to see how it goes.

They didn't strike fear into anyone with their unimpressive wins over St Kilda and Richmond.

It's a little bit different when you smash the ladder leaders by over 100 points.

Regarding Sydney

If that was so why has Longmire come out so strongly in the media with his scathing "ünacceptable" rant?

I said at least six weeks ago maybe more they would finish top 4 so not sure how scared that makes me.

You can't treat this year like other years, there is no real stand out team, just alot of good average teams. It was always going to open up for them if they found some form.

With the lack of good Victorian teams they are as good chance as any to win the flag. JHF is the difference this year. He is a level above Rozee and Butters

You can't treat this year like other years, there is no real stand out team, just alot of good average teams.
The major difference this year is that the major flag threats are two Non-Victorian teams where the MCG is not their home ground and ditto with the Dogs.

Previous years when we have celebrated Power Failures in Adelaide, there has been strong Richmond side as the fail-safe measure with their home ground advantage at the MCG in the GF and the Pies too. This likely wont be the case in 2024.

A neutral GF at the MCG does even things up a lot.

Mind you Port blew their best chance in over a decade in 2020, so the chance of history repeating itself is there for Ken. :rainbow:

Same story last year. Very close year, Port looked good.

Then September came.

Port are the Georgie Porgies of the AFL. Do ok with their bruise free Footy in Home and Away, but fall away with the higher pressure in September.

Same story every year they make Finals. And the reason most Port supporters who aren't nuffies want Ken sacked.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same story last year. Very close year, Port looked good.

Then September came.

Port are the Georgie Porgies of the AFL. Do ok with their bruise free Footy in Home and Away, but fall away with the higher pressure in September.

Same story every year they make Finals. And the reason most Port supporters who aren't nuffies want Ken sacked.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the difference last year was Collingwood and Brisbane had them covered. Possibly Melbourne and Carlton and as it turned out GWS.

This year there isn't the quality of teams. The fact Geelong might get the double chance says it all.

I don't think they are premiership favourites but with some luck they are a big chance

Could very much be true. Won't be the first club to do this.

Might also be that adding Mills and Parker has unbalanced the team. Maybe some disunity.
Who knows. Going to be interesting to see how it goes.
Papley out is a huge loss & unbalances their forward line.

Well we are just over two weeks from the final round and the AFL haven’t locked it in.

It makes no difference to Victorian teams, as only one of 10 is travelling however 4 of 8 of the non-Victorian teams are travelling.

Normally this has been finalised 4 weeks from last round. Treating supporters of non-Victorian teams with disdain. Well never saw that happening.

Well we are just over two weeks from the final round and the AFL haven’t locked it in.

It makes no difference to Victorian teams, as only one of 10 is travelling however 4 of 8 of the non-Victorian teams are travelling.

Normally this has been finalised 4 weeks from last round. Treating supporters of non-Victorian teams with disdain. Well never saw that happening.
Especially with Port and GWS both playing interstate for potentially top four spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back