Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So months of baseless speculation that Dusty will join the Gold Coast just because Hardwick is there only for him to retire
Baseless speculation is 95% of Footy media.

Yet the lemmings lap up the meaningless content.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So months of baseless speculation that Dusty will join the Gold Coast just because Hardwick is there only for him to retire
He could be doing a Mal Michael - announcing his retirement from Richmond, to get the Tigers to remove him from their playing list, thereby freeing him to be signed by Gold Coast.

Probably not... but there is a precedent!

The offer was 100% there, it was discussed, there was a time where the Suns felt they had him, but Dusty made the call recently after his recent run of injuries.

The offer was 100% there, it was discussed, there was a time where the Suns felt they had him, but Dusty made the call recently after his recent run of injuries.
Was that the way the media have framed their meaningless speculation was correct at the time...

Lol

Footy journalists are not accountable to anyone. They just make shit up.
AFL allow it because the meaningless speculation grows the Footy media industry, which in turn make the Media Rights, the biggest revenue source, more valuable.

Footy media is largely tabloid theatre.

I think it's more that there aren't any clear standout teams.

It feels a bit like the whole comp is in a bit of a holding phase at the moment. Curnow probably the star forward of the last few years, I don't think he's going to be remembered alongside the likes of Franklin, Lockett, Dunstall. Bontompelli the star mid of the last few years, is he at the same level as Ablett jnr in his peak years?

Kind of waiting for those absolute generational types to come at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure there was an offer, but...

1722907719568.png

Can't be making that call unless it's based on fact

1722907719568-png.2070241

Schwarz was also a degenerate gambler, Im not sure I would be trusting his probability assessment. :$

View attachment 2070241

Of course he can.

No accountability in Footy media.

Make shit up to generate discussion.

The concept of these "journalists" checking and rechecking sources is from a bygone era.

The primary aim is to generate discussion, not report on accurate Intel.

Was that the way the media have framed their meaningless speculation was correct at the time...

Lol

Footy journalists are not accountable to anyone. They just make shit up.
AFL allow it because the meaningless speculation grows the Footy media industry, which in turn make the Media Rights, the biggest revenue source, more valuable.

Footy media is largely tabloid theatre.

I'm telling you it's fact that the Suns were very confident they had Dusty on a two year contract at ~$500k

I'm telling you it's fact that the Suns were very confident they had Dusty on a two year contract at ~$500k
Perhaps there was some truth that Dusty was contemplating a move to the Gold Coast before realising his body didn't have much more to give.

I said at least six weeks ago maybe more they would finish top 4 so not sure how scared that makes me.

You can't treat this year like other years, there is no real stand out team, just alot of good average teams. It was always going to open up for them if they found some form.

With the lack of good Victorian teams they are as good chance as any to win the flag. JHF is the difference this year. He is a level above Rozee and Butters
agree Power have been in amazing form since the Lions debacle. I didnt see their last 3 weeks coming and many players have stepped up inc Mitch G (Weagles should have poached him last year), Big Rat and others.

In betting markets Power are (a distant) 4th for flag:

Lions 3.5
Bullies 5.5
Swans (drifted MASSIVELY last 3-4 weeks as youd imagine) 6.0

and then a gap to Power 9, Blues and GWS 10.

Power 'pretty' mids like Rozee and Butters I am not convinced stand up in big finals - they didnt last year but agree JHF is now their best. As much as improved form from some KPP they are no way a better team than Lions IMO. Lions have them covered with true KPF (Daniher / Hipwood), amazing small forwards (CC, Bailey, Rayner and even Lohmann looking a gun junior), mids (Neale, McCluggage, Dunkley, Ashcroft) are break even ish with Power and then Lions defence despite some key player injuries and lesser name players get the job done and still have probably the best KPD (Andrews) and Zorko in amazing form as hbf

Lions have GWS at home, a very likely completely out of finals contention Pies in MLB next week (Pies 9-1 to make finals currently and play SYD this week at SCG) and then almost certain Dons out of contention at home last round. Lions have an easier draw than teams close on ladder like Power (have Crows and Freo away, should beat Dees this weekend in MLB), GWS (have Lions and Bullies away and Dockers at home - likely to drop at least 1, probably 2 of these) and Cats probably the best chance to jump up here with Saints and Weagles in VIC and only this weekend difficult with Freo away).

So 2 wins likely sees Lions top 2 and 2 home finals. Good chance straight to GF and atone for last years heart breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back