Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not at all a slight on Pendlebury, he is one of the greats, cant believe he's never won a Brownlow.
But in 400 games, he has played at a total of 11 venues, never at Geelong, Tasmania, Ballarat, Bum F Nowhere

Riley Thilthorpe just played he's 50th - has played at 12 venues

Not at all a slight on Pendlebury, he is one of the greats, cant believe he's never won a Brownlow.
But in 400 games, he has played at a total of 11 venues, never at Geelong, Tasmania, Ballarat, Bum F Nowhere

Riley Thilthorpe just played he's 50th - has played at 12 venues

I think Pendlebury is a bit over rated. By saying that I mean the Victorian media rate him as one of the best to play the game.

Amazing achievement to play as many games as he has but not a player that you go to watch like Buddy, Dusty, Ablett type.

Yep I think the AFL are afraid of overflowing the smaller venues. It is rubbish. I think teams such as Essendon, Richmond, Collingwood, Carlton should play in Launceston and Geelong more often.

No worries, you do have the B graded Gold Coast Suns they can play on the moon if there was a stadium fit for them.

Pendlebury is 14-4 in Adelaide.

Of course he can.

No accountability in Footy media.

Make shit up to generate discussion.

The concept of these "journalists" checking and rechecking sources is from a bygone era.

The primary aim is to generate discussion, not report on accurate Intel.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL media. Where being first is more important than being right.

There are no real AFL journalists, they are all tabloid writers giving opinions or making calls based on ‘gut feel’. No one is using sources or researching. It’s just boys chatting like they’re at the pub.

They can say whatever they want and no one questions their standing as a journalist.

It’s why all the ‘big’ stories are broken by people outside the AFL sphere. Racism, systematic drug cheating etc.

An unbelievable player but putting aside the games played do you have him as one of the greats of the game? I think he fits in well with the names in the 400 club like Ling, Burgoyne, Harvey, Fletcher but not the best of the best. He wouldn't be in the best 20 plays that I have seen in my lifetime.

I think Buckley was a better player

I think Pendlebury is a bit over rated. By saying that I mean the Victorian media rate him as one of the best to play the game.

Amazing achievement to play as many games as he has but not a player that you go to watch like Buddy, Dusty, Ablett type.
It's a tricky one. Is he on the level of Dusty, Buddy and Ablett? No. But I don't think anyone puts him there.
I think we recognise he's an exceptional player though. I'd have him in the next level of players.

An unbelievable player but putting aside the games played do you have him as one of the greats of the game? I think he fits in well with the names in the 400 club like Ling, Burgoyne, Harvey, Fletcher but not the best of the best. He wouldn't be in the best 20 plays that I have seen in my lifetime.

Prime Scott Pendlebury in the early 2010s was an absolute weapon, top tier elite

Ling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is not as good as Martin though. I’ll give you that.
Pendlebury is only behind very few players of this generation (GAJ, Buddy, Martin off the top of my head). He's not far behind though. Probably not as game breaking as the others maybe?

His spatial awareness is probably up there with the best ever. Add to that elite disposal, decision making and footy IQ. Incredible player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back