Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

An account run by a former umpire that exists to defend umpire decisions appears to disagree 🤷‍♂️

That account was outed to be a Collingwood fan long ago

The sydney player is one on one with the Collingwood player who marked. As soon as the ball is marked he starts slowing down which takes a few steps (because physics). He doesn’t lay a hand on him which is where the whole “in the marking contest” has relevance. He doesn’t impede the Collingwood player at all. It’s not a 50.

Clearly 50m.

One thing umps have been getting lenient on over the last few years is holding onto a player after a mark. They're letting players get away with small holds now, which is for the worse imo. Also when players purposely sit on players and pretend like they're just clumsy and trying to get up but can't. Pisses me off that umps fall for it

Clearly 50m.

One thing umps have been getting lenient on over the last few years is holding onto a player after a mark. They're letting players get away with small holds now, which is for the worse imo. Also when players purposely sit on players and pretend like they're just clumsy and trying to get up but can't. Pisses me off that umps fall for it
The pile on, in the back of the player with the ball on the ground, then it being paid as HTB is one of my pet hates.

The first pet hate is the push in the back with hands in a marking contest only being paid when it suits the umpire. That, and the holding on to Tex every time he goes near a marking contest rarely being paid for the number of times it happens.

The pile on, in the back of the player with the ball on the ground, then it being paid as HTB is one of my pet hates.

The first pet hate is the push in the back with hands in a marking contest only being paid when it suits the umpire. That, and the holding on to Tex every time he goes near a marking contest rarely being paid for the number of times it happens.
Id love for them to bring in a rule that if you’re not in the tackle and you’re the third person to jump on a player on the ground, free kick against.

I've seen them pay plenty less than that. I reckon in the second quarter it gets paid in a heartbeat. Ran about 5m over and wasn't actually in the contest. But **** the Pies.

Well it should have been paid against the Pies when they played the Kangaroos, which would have resulted the Kangaroos having a shot on goal and probably won.

The reason why previously Collingwood won the close ones was because they knew the match was officiated differently in the last few minutes of a game. They base their whole strategy around deliberately putting the ball out of bounds but disguising it well enough.

The resulting throw in their strategy would have been to congest it for another stoppage, usually by flouting the rules again

That it was called twice last night just shows the umps are on to it now.

The reason why previously Collingwood won the close ones was because they knew the match was officiated differently in the last few minutes of a game. They base their whole strategy around deliberately putting the ball out of bounds but disguising it well enough.

The resulting throw in their strategy would have been to congest it for another stoppage, usually by flouting the rules again

I was in the Collingwood close win train as a lot were.

But i think was all a bit of a myth and everyone was believing it.

Probably after a few more years I wouldnt be surprised if the close wins have evened out with losses.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This should be front page headlines:

Still reeling from the non-call post-match, the Magpies coach said "it would have been paid" had it been at the MCG

Collingwood coach admits they get "home town" umpiring...

Well it should have been paid against the Pies when they played the Kangaroos, which would have resulted the Kangaroos having a shot on goal and probably won.
There’s a major difference between the Roos one, where 2 players were attacking the player who just marked it well over the line, compared to this one where the one player was pulling up after chasing down in the marking contest

This should be front page headlines:

Still reeling from the non-call post-match, the Magpies coach said "it would have been paid" had it been at the MCG

Collingwood coach admits they get "home town" umpiring...

'It would have been paid at the MCG': Pies fume at non 50m call​

Craig McRae was fuming post-match after a critical 50m penalty wasn't called in the dying stages against Sydney

By Martin Pegan at the SCG

8 hrs ago

McRaecropped.jpg

Craig McRae looks on after Collingwood's loss to Sydney at the SCG in round 22, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos

The best thing about the non paid 50m (which was 100% a 50m penalty) was that Fly then noted that it would have been paid at the MCG

Yeah, we know.

Shows how much the ridiculous fixture advantages some of the big Victorian teams get is worth.

Let alone the advantage on GF day.
Strongest argument yet for not having the GF at the MCG every year

The GWS prelim was the worst bit of it. Just repeatedly lay on the ball, no effort to get it out. Holding the ball all year. Ball ups here, at the critical moment. For 90 seconds.

It could have been 50, and Macrae is right: at the MCG it would have been 50, but it would have been a soft one, the kind that should be let go.

He didn’t do too much wrong.

It could have been 50, and Macrae is right: at the MCG it would have been 50, but it would have been a soft one, the kind that should be let go.

He didn’t do too much wrong.

Completely disagree.

He ran way way over the mark with no attempt to stop or go back.

The problem is reduced by making the distance 25m - then the hesitation to pay it is diminished.

But in the current world, that one is 50m all day. The umpire involved is my least favourite of all the officiating brigade. He is Prima Donna of the worst type.

Hey don't discount their strategy of punching players in the face!

Completely disagree.

He ran way way over the mark with no attempt to stop or go back.

The problem is reduced by making the distance 25m - then the hesitation to pay it is diminished.

But in the current world, that one is 50m all day. The umpire involved is my least favourite of all the officiating brigade. He is Prima Donna of the worst type.
Not really, they have not been hot on it this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back