Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting stuff from Qantas. They should be moving heaven and earth to get a charter flight for these supporters today and I mean that genuinely. People were fleeced by the airlines pricewise for tonights game and then the airline cancels it on them.

Already we are off to a beautiful start to the Prelim Finals Weekend. :rainbow:

How does the Hinkley GF record stand up to the Blight GF record?

How does the Hinkley prelim record stand up to the Blight prelim record?

You might not like it once you consider this for a moment.
Everyone sucks in finals until they don't.

Geelong were perennial chokers until 2007.

Collingwood were perennial chokers until the first week of October in 2010.

The Bulldogs were perennial prelim chokers until 2016.

Richmond were chokers until 2017.

What's the thing? "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". I do hope and have faith that Sydney can get the job done though.

Disgusting stuff from Qantas. They should be moving heaven and earth to get a charter flight for these supporters today and I mean that genuinely. People were fleeced by the airlines pricewise for tonights game and then the airline cancels it on them.

Unbelievable how airlines get away with this. They do the same with big concerts. Sell the seats for flights they don't have.
Utter bullshit and genuinely ruins experiences for people. Utterly unfair.
Needs to be a massive lawsuit or something.

Everyone sucks in finals until they don't.

Geelong were perennial chokers until 2007.

Collingwood were perennial chokers until the first week of October in 2010.

The Bulldogs were perennial prelim chokers until 2016.

Richmond were chokers until 2017.

What's the thing? "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". I do hope and have faith that Sydney can get the job done though.
I guess you could say the same thing about Sydney's performances against Port. Have been very ordinary for nearly a decade.

It could be the end of that streak, or it could be the perfect chance for Port.

Personally I think as good as Ports young backline were last week, if Sydney can get off to a good start like Geelong did itll be a tough night for them.

Unbelievable how airlines get away with this. They do the same with big concerts. Sell the seats for flights they don't have.
Utter bullshit and genuinely ruins experiences for people. Utterly unfair.
Needs to be a massive lawsuit or something.
Port supporter replied to my pot with this so maybe there were reasons

Yeah I posted it above. The aircraft went unservicable so not much Qantas could do, but a huge shame. All but 1 passenger has been re-routed, just hope they all make the game in time

Obviously Carlton aren't well liked (for good reason) but their team don't really come across as floggish in the same way Hawthorn and Port do.
For me it's the special treatment. From Cripps' BS Brownlow win when he should've been rubbed out to umpires falling over themselves to pay pissweak frees inside 50 to Curnow and Mackay that no other team could ever dream of.

That and the Vic media fapfest that Carlton being good is something we should all love. **** that and **** them. IMO it'd be better for footy if the big 4 were the bottom 4.

Last edited:
I guess you could say the same thing about Sydney's performances against Port. Have been very ordinary for nearly a decade.

It could be the end of that streak, or it could be the perfect chance for Port.

Personally I think as good as Ports young backline were last week, if Sydney can get off to a good start like Geelong did itll be a tough night for them.

True, one way or another one team is breaking a long streak and getting a big monkey off their back.

Port supporter replied to my pot with this so maybe there were reasons

Yeah I posted it above. The aircraft went unservicable so not much Qantas could do, but a huge shame. All but 1 passenger has been re-routed, just hope they all make the game in time
Happens too often to be coincidence though.
Hopefully they all make the game - and watch them lose.

Port's streak over Sydney is so bizarre given that, prior to it, the Swans were 13-1 against them in the previous 10 years.
Port's frontal pressure always seems to get them.

Gulden and Warner struggle with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I mean I have zero time for Port or their fans normally, but actually feel bad for them here
Qantas absolutely has a choice on which flights to cancel
Imagine if it happened to you, would be absolute bs
Port should ring the AFL and get them to organise something. AFL wont want a few hundred fans being unable to attend
Virgin is the AFL sponsor who I assume the AFL could pull into line but QANTAS couldn't give a single **** they are the bullies of the aviation industry

Yeah, I mean I have zero time for Port or their fans normally, but actually feel bad for them here
Qantas absolutely has a choice on which flights to cancel
Imagine if it happened to you, would be absolute bs
Port should ring the AFL and get them to organise something. AFL wont want a few hundred fans being unable to attend

Why would Qantas want to cancel a flight they have sold tickets for at a huge premium?

Makes no sense. They'll have to refund all the customers instead of making bank on a high profit margin service

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back