Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne were getting sub 20k crowds by the end of the season. Pathetic for a club that only recently won a flag.

It's unfortunate Melbourne are tied to the MCC, otherwise they should be banished to Marvel and Carlton promoted to the MCG in their place

Richmond are classic bandwagoners.

Think we need to play them at the G and belt the crap out of them. Sort of exercise the demons of 2017 GF, not quite the same but at least we feel better.

And I reckon we will play them at the G next year. The AFL would want them to play a non-Vic side who draws a crowd and Richmond would have a chance of beating.

Last edited:
WaynesWorld19

Are you heading down to Bourke street to soak a little of that Melbourne culture today Ol’ mate ?
Couple of innocent buskers bashed by a mob in Keffirs and 25000 back protesting today for the extreme cultural experience.
Your house prices are collapsing, are to be taxed like nothing seen before, young people and old are abandoning the anarchistic state.

Time to build the wall @ Bordertown.
Great coffee though.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy to trace. Maybe not so easy to enforce.

For example, the real estate profits aren't realised until the player sells the property (or properties), which may not happen until years after they retire. I guess the AFL could call for independent property valuations, and try to include any difference between that value and the "mates rates" price paid, but I don't see the AFL going down that path.
I don’t see ALFPA giving enough access to players personal finances and while it would help salary cap cheating i would say their in their right to set boundaries

Just checking the retirements/delistings of other clubs and wondering how many teams that finished above Adelaide will have more list turnover than us.
What a bunch of stoops those clubs are - we are stacked. STACKED!

Is Kenny Hinkley the David Mackay of the coaches?

David Mackay played in a Grand Final.

I don’t see ALFPA giving enough access to players personal finances and while it would help salary cap cheating i would say their in their right to set boundaries
... and therein lies the inability of the AFL to properly enforce the salary cap, to make it fair for all teams.

Dimma putting a broom through Gold Coast. 7 delistings.
Their expanded list concessions are coming to an end, so they are being forced to cull more players than other clubs this year.

This primarily affects their rookie list, which is going down from 7 (or 9?) to just 4 (the same as the other clubs). Given that they want to upgrade some of these rookies, they're being forced to cull extra players off their senior list to make way for the rookie promotions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back