Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah .. did Scott ever fined for his outbursts at oppo teams players? I can't remember. I do remember Selwood dragging him away from at least 1 tantrum

Mitchell was being precious, as is the Melbourne media
I think the embarrassment of looking like a flog, was more than enough punishment for Hinkley, there was no need to fine him on top.

Thank Christ it wasn’t a suspension
I reckon this Hinkley can't coach nonsense needs to be put to bed. He has a 60% win record with Pear. Has them in the finals most years. Is it 4 out of 5 prelims?
Outcoached Mitchell to buggery last week.
Do you prefer our Mr 36%?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kenny is like the clubs relief valve when they get a win after mounting pressure - and it's glorious when he blows off

I also find Mitchell, Sicily, Lewis, Hodge and Brereton's tanty's pathetic.

Particularly Mitchell, after some of the garbage he's thrown out over the years Mitchell displayed toddler level tantrums

Pretty sure I'm in the minority, but couldn't care less about Ken giving a bit of comeuppance to young Ginever. Don't care it got heated, it's an emotional game and that was high stakes on both sides. The whinging from Hawthorn and various players I find weak and pathetic. $20k fine is over the top, but it does raise the bar for the next time we get an opportunity to punish a young player. We might need to think laterally if we're going to top that.

Pretty sure I'm in the minority, but couldn't care less about Ken giving a bit of comeuppance to young Ginever. Don't care it got heated, it's an emotional game and that was high stakes on both sides. The whinging from Hawthorn and various players I find weak and pathetic. $20k fine is over the top, but it does raise the bar for the next time we get an opportunity to punish a young player. We might need to think laterally if we're going to top that.
Timmy G might care a bit !!!

Long interview with Adam Simpson on SEN VIC.
Seriously impressive individual, sounds like he needs a year off but would love to have him at our club.

Unbelievable insight : He had senior AFL players ringing him wanting to come to WCE to play with Harley Reid !!
Would love to get him at AFC as a proven coach.

Should have left Weagles a few years ago as he was stale.

I reckon this Hinkley can't coach nonsense needs to be put to bed. He has a 60% win record with Pear. Has them in the finals most years. Is it 4 out of 5 prelims?

Port have made more prelims in the last 5 years than we have since 2006. You could have worse problems than Hinkley.

Port have made more prelims in the last 5 years than we have since 2006. You could have worse problems than Hinkley.
And they've won just as many.

In fact they've won 2 more finals than us in the last 10 years and we've spent more time out of the 8 than in it.

All that being said, I think the bloke can coach. He's tactically limited, but he absolutely gets the best out of his players more often than not.

Their midfield are their talented line, other than that they don't have a great deal. So to get where he has, you do have to be able to coach a bit.

And they've won just as many.

In fact they've won 2 more finals than us in the last 10 years and we've spent more time out of the 8 than in it.

All that being said, I think the bloke can coach. He's tactically limited, but he absolutely gets the best out of his players more often than not.

Their midfield are their talented line, other than that they don't have a great deal. So to get where he has, you do have to be able to coach a bit.
Obviously this is going back a few years, but look at the team that came within a kick of Hawthorn in the 2014 PF.

Aside from Boak, Gray and Wingard who were stars and some handy players (Schulz, Westhoff) there was also a lot of bog average players in that team yet look how far they got

Neil Craig had a similar winning percentage until the last couple of years anyway. He’s remembered as a dud who couldn’t win finals.

I reckon Hinkley’s done ok. But it’s more fun to hang shit on him.

Dear Footy Gods, please disregard this post for the remainder of the season.

Obviously this is going back a few years, but look at the team that came within a kick of Hawthorn in the 2014 PF.

Aside from Boak, Gray and Wingard who were stars and some handy players (Schulz, Westhoff) there was also a lot of bog average players in that team yet look how far they got
That's what I mean.

Forget what the media say here, their list has generally been average. Fantastic at the top end but rubbish most.of the way through.

Ken can coach and maybe, just maybe this is his "Blighty" year where it all clicks.

Agreed!
He's clearly a good coach, whether he's good enough to take them to a premiership time will tell but he's certainly got the ability to get his players playing well and some average players dominating the game. If he were at our club he would have got us to finals by now.

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neil Craig had a similar winning percentage until the last couple of years anyway. He’s remembered as a dud who couldn’t win finals.

I reckon Hinkley’s done ok. But it’s more fun to hang shit on him.

Dear Footy Gods, please disregard this post for the remainder of the season.
Neil Craig was a well regarded coach but the game went past him.

Neil Craig was a well regarded coach

Not around these here parts

spit GIF

We can play with stats all we like. Last week it was Crows had more finals victories over the last decade compared to Power - despite missing the finals for 7 years.

Hinkley has proven to be a good minor round coach - mainly by winning against teams below and around where the Power have been. Not great against top teams over the years. But year after finals year they end up LOWER at the end of the finals than they were at the end of the minor round,

Perhaps this years the trend changes - I ain’t holding my breath though

Last edited:
Not around these here parts

spit GIF
Always surprised by Craig’s lack of recognition by fans on this forum. We went from also rans in 2004 to a leading edge revolutionary game style in 2005 finishing on top for our first minor premiership. Roos suspension, playing the last minor round in Perth (for the 4th time in 8 years that saw us lose first week finals EVERY time including 1998, 2002 and 2005) and not tagging Harvey/overall choke. We were very unlucky in 2006 with Weagles drug issues and many have said their flag should always have **** next to it. We had the wood on Swans these years also.

IMO no Craigy in 1997 and 1998 with his again revolutionary tapering and we don’t win those flags.

That's what I mean.

Forget what the media say here, their list has generally been average. Fantastic at the top end but rubbish most.of the way through.

Ken can coach and maybe, just maybe this is his "Blighty" year where it all clicks.
Blighty never lost by 84 points in the most insipid home finals performance ever.

Blighty 5 grand finals and 2 flags in a decade coaching. Hinkley world record of 12 years of never having made a GF.

Not sure they should ever be in the same conversation

Blighty never lost by 84 points in the most insipid home finals performance ever.

Blighty 5 grand finals and 2 flags in a decade coaching. Hinkley world record of 12 years of never having made a GF.

Not sure they should ever be in the same conversation
Bit of a throwaway line sure, but there were HUGE doubts whether his style of play would ever be ultimately successful. He was belted in his 3 previous GFs and not even God could save him in 89.

Hinkley has had the same questions held over him through his coaching career with a vastly inferior playing squad.

Bit of a throwaway line sure, but there were HUGE doubts whether his style of play would ever be ultimately successful. He was belted in his 3 previous GFs and not even God could save him in 89.

Hinkley has had the same questions held over him through his coaching career with a vastly inferior playing squad.
No sorry there is no Hinkley and Blight comparisons in any way. It’s laughable. Kenny has proven to be a dud finals coach far too many times. He has the world record of games coached at a club without making a GF. Most finals losses are absolutely insipid (4 of last 5 finals) and they consistently finish finals lower than the “equilibrium” position as at end of minor round. He isn’t up to it. Being a premiership coach will never be in the same sentence as Kenny.

Ps Blight was not belted in first 3 GF. Small, medium and large loss he described it. Anyone saying they were belted in the greatest GF of the modern era (1989) clearly hasn’t watched the game

No sorry there is no Hinkley and Blight comparisons in any way. It’s laughable. Kenny has proven to be a dud finals coach far too many times. He has the world record of games coached at a club without making a GF. Most finals losses are absolutely insipid (4 of last 5 finals) and they consistently finish finals lower than the “equilibrium” position as at end of minor round. He isn’t up to it. Being a premiership coach will never be in the same sentence as Kenny.

Ps Blight was not belted in first 3 GF. Small, medium and large loss he described it. Anyone saying they were belted in the greatest GF of the modern era (1989) clearly hasn’t watched the game
89 was a small loss, but as I said God couldn't even save him.

You might not like it, but there's similarities there.

89 was a small loss, but as I said God couldn't even save him.

You might not like it, but there's similarities there.
I am not debating this any further. Blight is a God coach (who was NOT belted in his 3 previous GF which you erroneously stated) . Hinkley a dud.

Feel free to have the last word re Blight and Hinkley “similarities”. Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back