Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Very interesting in the last few days seeing the media flip the narrative and start defending Port (and Hinkley) while somehow now criticising Hawthorn and Mitchell.
Must be nice to be able to manipulate the media whenever you want.
Hawthorn deserve it though. Biggest flog team going around.

Jack Darling has requested a trade to North

I had to sort out my wife's ballot entry today.

She's priority 2, so I have no idea how many tickets are available after priority 1, but she only wants one seat so I imagine she might have a good chance if they make it.

It's going to be torture because I'll have to go along with her to help with the driving

🤮🤮🤮

Last edited:
I had to sort out my wife's ballot entry today.

She's priority 2, so I have no idea how many tickets are available after priority 1, but she only wants one seat so I imagine she might have a good chance of they make it.

It's going to be torture because I'll have to go along with her to help with the driving

🤮🤮🤮
Melbourne Markets wont be so busy

Biggest? That's a controversial call.
Flogs? Sure. But biggest? More than Port? More than Carlton? Don't see it.
Obviously Carlton aren't well liked (for good reason) but their team don't really come across as floggish in the same way Hawthorn and Port do.

Obviously Carlton aren't well liked (for good reason) but their team don't really come across as floggish in the same way Hawthorn and Port do.
Agreed. It's their fans that are unbearable

Jack Darling to North on a two year deal is such a North thing to do. Get Larkey support, but from a guy who's completely cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is two games short 😢

I’m sad to see him go as I hoped he would finish his career as a one club player, but with North offering another year and he (Jack) wants to keep playing as long as possible, then he is going to take it.

Will be interesting to see if he lasts. Has appeared cooked for a lot of the season, but don’t discount the effect of not having to travel every second week, that will be of a help to him.

Creates some salary cap space and tall forwards is the one area we are well stocked in, so is a net positive overall.

He is two games short 😢

I’m sad to see him go as I hoped he would finish his career as a one club player, but with North offering another year and he (Jack) wants to keep playing as long as possible, then he is going to take it.

Will be interesting to see if he lasts. Has appeared cooked for a lot of the season, but don’t discount the effect of not having to travel every second week, that will be of a help to him.

Creates some salary cap space and tall forwards is the one area we are well stocked in, so is a net positive overall.
Realistically we should have done the same with Tex.

Fogarty is 25 and has played over 100 games. If he still needs Tex to hold his hand (Narrator: he doesn't), we've got big problems.

Realistically we should have done the same with Tex.

Fogarty is 25 and has played over 100 games. If he still needs Tex to hold his hand (Narrator: he doesn't), we've got big problems.

Yeah, I get it. I think Tex still has something to offer, but not sure he can play consistently anymore over a whole year. The other two “old” ones (Smith and Laird) are a concern… Tex probably will outperform both of them. If Himmelberg is gone and potentially Burgess, then it’s maybe ok for Tex to stay on.

89 was a small loss, but as I said God couldn't even save him.

You might not like it, but there's similarities there.
How does the Hinkley GF record stand up to the Blight GF record?

How does the Hinkley prelim record stand up to the Blight prelim record?

You might not like it once you consider this for a moment.

How does the Hinkley GF record stand up to the Blight GF record?

How does the Hinkley prelim record stand up to the Blight prelim record?

You might not like it once you consider this for a moment.
I think people are confusing a throwaway line.

The "Blight moment" call was more centred around the fact people had HUGE doubts around both coaches finals records and whether or not both would ever win a flag.

I'm not comparing them as coaches, Blight is the superior coach, though Hinkley isn't as bad as we Crows fans would have us believe.

I think people are confusing a throwaway line.

The "Blight moment" call was more centred around the fact people had HUGE doubts around both coaches finals records and whether or not both would ever win a flag.

I'm not comparing them as coaches, Blight is the superior coach, though Hinkley isn't as bad as we Crows fans would have us believe.

Is Hinkley as bad as the Port fans believe?

I reckon they believe he is a lot worse than we think he is.

Is Hinkley as bad as the Port fans believe?

I reckon they believe he is a lot worse than we think he is.

Port fans combine Hinkley's poor finals coaching with their lacklustre list outside the midfield and blame all of that on Hinkley

The evidence seen across his career so far suggests he lacks the last 10-20% needed to go from a good H&A coach, to a premiership winning coach

But he's not an awful coach. To reach finals consistently on the level Port have done requires a reasonable coach. There are several seasons I'd even say they've performed above expectations given their list.

Port fans combine Hinkley's poor finals coaching with their lacklustre list outside the midfield and blame all of that on Hinkley

The evidence seen across his career so far suggests he lacks the last 10-20% needed to go from a good H&A coach, to a premiership winning coach

But he's not an awful coach. To reach finals consistently on the level Port have done requires a reasonable coach. There are several seasons I'd even say they've performed above expectations given their list.

He's certainly not an awful coach, is he a good coach??

You'd have to say he is above average.

As you say Port supporters over rate their list and blame Kenny for their lack of success.

I think mostly us Crows fans like to take the piss out of Kenny, we can't forget the "Yes we Ken" t-shirts :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back