Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cant believe I got banned for a week for simply posting ' :$ 'on the Carlolton board in their Autopsy thread last Saturday night.

Anyway, good to be back, Have I missed anything big?? :drunk:
Did you know crows went on a camp about half a decade ago? That's been pretty big this week fair to say.

has commentary ever slobbered over a bonafide spud more than they do about dixon?

the bloke is a broken down hack and you'd think he was an absolute champion of the comp
Nah bro he "provides a contest" and "brings the ball to ground".

I always thought a forward should do crazy things like mark the ball and kick goals but I guess I'm old school like that.

Gold Coast and Dew get away with some really poor performances. After five years if he was coaching any other club Dew would be sacked but instead got a two year extension.

And crickets from the media about the rabble they are.
We're a genuine bottom 4 side and they're supposedly a premiership threat.

And we could still finish above them.

Port are Crows 2019. Cooked. Wonder if they will top-up for next year seeing they have barely any young depth OR if they will do the wise thing and accept it is time for a rebuild.

They're not. Crows 2019 is more a shithouse organisation getting their just desserts and imploding into a rebuild then an aging core group quietly hitting it's expiry.

In a way, what we did was special in the AFL landscape. Not for the right reasons of course.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did actually have a Port Power supporting mate claim the 3 in 5 years referred to AFL, SANFL and AFLW.

BTW, apparently Adelaide and the Power played a AFLW scratch match yesterday and no score was kept, wonder whose idea that was?

I can almost (almost!) feel sorry for the true Port football supporters being in the very frustrating position where you’ve got a 10 year coach who’s ultimately got you nowhere..

..if it wasn’t for the fact that they continue to delude themselves that they are Port Adelaide in anything but name only and all that has to happen is to get back to being the real Port - as if that can possibly happen with Fos gone, Jack gone, Russell gone, Choco gone, none of the “old Port” people on the board or coaching or playing, the players are from all over as they are in every team

But still they delude themselves..on the Sack Hinkley thread one poster refers to “our once great club” - except they’re not, they were incorporated in 92, sure they’ve since merged with the old SANFL team, but the AFL team is not the Port of old in anything but name

Another poster says “We used to be a ruthless team that stopped at nothing in the pursuit of success.” No you didn’t. That was the SANFL Magpies. Not the AFL Port Power - they’ve never been that team!

Why do they torture themselves about what they used to be, when it was another entity that used to be that and now they’re an AFL franchise that happens to have the same name?

There’s a chance that their next coach might be an ex-Port Power player like Kingsley, but NO chance they’ll be a “once great club” player from the dominant SANFL days - and most likely will be someone with no previous connection to Port in any way eg Yze

Seriously, they continually yearn for a past that will never return and can’t be recreated - “If only we could wear the “prison bars” everything would be ok again!” - rather than just getting on with getting the best available coach and players like everyone else does

It’s bad enough to be in pain from having a dud coach, but why cause yourself more pain wanting something from the past that you’re never going to get?

Ports list has bigger holes in it than the titanic.

There forward line is a shambles. Marshall is proving to be their best forward prospect. Georgiadis is a solid player but he is not at this stage anyway, good enough to beat the best defenders in the AFL so he has to play up the ground. This leaves old man Dixon. Possibly the most overrated big forward in history. For the amound of times the ball comes in his direction, youd have expected a better return. If it takes 10 kicks to him per 1 goal that means its not working. From there, Port yet again work on the down hill skiing midfielders to swamp the forward line and kick their goals.

Gray demonstrates with each game he is cooked. He can't move fast enough for his trick bag to work. Honestly, for those that remember Boak and Gray's situation reminds me a lot about how Smart and Bickley went around 1 year too long in the early 2000s and ended up retiring like mid season. Both played well enough to give it a crack but it ultimately failed. I can see this happening. Boak could probably succeed in playing another full year but damn, there is no way Gray could hold his spot. Especially if they get Fantasia back into the side.

The midfield seems to be set up well for the next few years at least with Wines, Butters, Rozee. Im not seeing any real midfield depth come through. I couldn't tell you really. Just appears Wines does a lot of the heavy lifting. Finlayson is a good find but that tactic of Ruck and run forward will win thin against the leagues other taller, ultra athletic ruckman who will beat Finlayson in the air.

The back line is an interesting one. They are pretty sound back there. Jonas and McKenzie doesnt have long left though. Houston, Burton are great players along with Bonnar.

But the reality of the situation is where are the star power. Rozee has tricks and some x factor but he simply doesn't dominate games as you'd expect. Wines is ageing and cant carry the side for much longer on his work ethic. All I am asking, whose going to be the ones who wins them games in the coming years and frankly, I don't see it.

I did actually have a Port Power supporting mate claim the 3 in 5 years referred to AFL, SANFL and AFLW.

BTW, apparently Adelaide and the Power played a AFLW scratch match yesterday and no score was kept, wonder whose idea that was?

Their AFLW team will need a three-peat then.

Apparently Kenny was on Foxtel footy show this morning and said this:

“We're not quite good enough to be in the top 8, but we've been in the contest with just about every team in the competition”

Nicks could say this and be spot on. The Crows HAVE been in the contest with “just about” every team - just not the couple that belted us.

But to say it as some sort of acceptable position to be in, for a club that just played in two prelims…

As someone on the Port board said “the club is rooted from top to bottom” - and Tredrea on Facebook is saying he wants leadership change at multiple levels in the club

As always, they don’t need anyone else to tear them apart…😄

Just saw the headline Kane Cornes claiming Buddy is selfish with his contract negotiations.

From Kano, the bloke who quit Port once he got to 300 games to join the MFS. Which we then quit to move into the media where his job is to take unaccountable pot shots.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back