Opinion Non-Crows AFL 8 - Daddy Donuts Delivers Dream Drubbing

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was worried. Everything has been going Port's way all season and Brisbane are notoriously flighty in finals.

Can indeed relax now.

This game was how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

My only concern if they got a home Qualifying Final but those 4 losses to Carlton, Collingwood, Us and Geelong in a row were pivotal in that not happening.

Probably might have been the turning point in their season.

What was their winning streak? 13 games in a row - at this point seems irrelevant now.

Now if they should lose this week, does it scar the players given they bombed out in 2020 and 2021? I note some have compared this season to what happened back in 2004 (how they bombed 2001-2003) but there is no comparison, 2004 had more depth and quality compared to this side. Plus 2004 was coached by Williams, 2023 is Hinkley. Enough said.

Last edited:
I was worried. Everything has been going Port's way all season and Brisbane are notoriously flighty in finals.

Can indeed relax now.

This game was how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

Season 17 Mask GIF by The Simpsons

Hinkenheimer's contribution to creating the atomic bomb

Kenny hasn't seen Oppenheimer but he's defending the decision till his last breath

Movie based on true events of one of the biggest events in history (which outcome known by all)

Use “haven’t seen the movie” as a way to downplay the link to the outcome

Not to mention the “coach” claiming to have limited understanding of the theme his club is being motivated by

We get accused of spin but Ken is the King of Spin- Shane warne reincarnated. This video is as Ken in a nutshell

Movie based on true events of one of the biggest events in history (which outcome known by all)

Use “haven’t seen the movie” as a way to downplay the link to the outcome

Not to mention the “coach” claiming to have limited understanding of the theme his club is being motivated by

We get accused of spin but Ken is the King of Spin- Shane warne reincarnated. This video is as Ken in a nutshell
I’ve always said he’s a used car salesman. He has everyone fooled as he talks fast.

Yes but GWS didn’t have Bedford and Daniels who are very important to their structure.

In addition, Port will be tentative and nervous at the start.
Yep, Port are going to be shitting themselves and it was GWS worst effort in months. They will have learnt a lot, they’ll be seeking redemption and are a bloody good side.

Strong feeling it’s going to be straight sets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve always said he’s a used car salesman. He has everyone fooled as he talks fast.
Always just tries to play confident and Deneen the reporter
“That’s unfair” “that’s ridiculous” “you know what we stand for” “you can’t question a doctors integrity”

Just plays dumb and battons down the hatches and tries to make questions appear u reasonable until someone takes his side (knowing they will leverage someone to do so)

Hopefully GWS can bring the heat next week. They brought no heat at all in the first half last time and Port’s midfield were able to put on a show. Surely it’ll be a different story next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hopefully GWS can bring the heat next week. They brought no heat at all in the first half last time and Port’s midfield were able to put on a show. Surely it’ll be a different story next week.

Port out in straight sets on the backdrop of extending hinkley when it was in obvious they wanted to hold out to make sure they could win finals but got their hand forced by the winning streak is a tasty proposition

I really don’t care who wins the flag etc from here, the outcome/enjoyment of the ride will be the same regardless for me.

this is the only storyline that can create any notable added interest as it will be fascinating to watch the fallout from their fans in particular

Finals are a different beast entirely to the minor round shenanigans. I'm cautiously optimistic of GWS getting the job done.

All Ken ever has to do to get the extension is make Finals in his contract year. He has that clause.

His management outsmarted the "Master Businessmen " Koch.

Ken will be coaching Port into 2026/7. If he wants to.

Funny part being the carrot of that job will be dangled in front of Josh Carr. Perform well as Assistant Coach, he might be Head Coach one day. Perform too well though and make Finals Hinkley will stay though.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Couple of things I noticed, Ken actually wearing the headphones on the bench.

Unsure if I've seen him do it that much before.

And the big one:

Ken's now drinking Pepsi Max
Is this new?
Anybody got a pic?
Will he go back to Coke zero next week?

Sent from my SM-T220 using Tapatalk

It used to be Coke No Sugar

Then they changed their branding to Coke Zero Sugar

Poor Kens so confused. It showed tonight.
He changed a little while ago now. I wouldn't be surprised if the KFC sponsorship is involved as the Pepsi line is aligned to KFC, they don't have Coke.

Or maybe he just wants to get contract renewals to the Max, just to piss off Poort fans to the Max.

The funny thing is that he was a used car salesman during his playing days at Geelong

His skill has been to get the players and media to live him, and even despite his failures of losing home finals, and not making the 8 from being 11-4 in the season he rarely cops a whack from the media

Port’s last two finals, they have been absolutely smashed

It was awesome to hear King call them out last night to be false like. $3 note

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back