Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already towing the company line

Yep. I saw a week or two ago that Kochie made a big deal about how Warren had to sign the Port Board ‘Charter’. About conduct and all that. I mean, I would think that would be fairly standard but of course Kochie had to make a big show. Of interest was his statement to the effect of Ken being coach for the full 2 years contract no matter what 😆

Tredrea giving medical advice...

"Contacted by a medical professional today, and 90%,of damage from concussion is from the whiplash, so Keane's injury most likely not caused by the actual hit".

Port's view on concussion from one of their Board Members.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely even they wouldn’t argue that he gets the whiplash without the actual hit occurring in the first place ?

It was painful listening to both Tredrea and Rowe tonight

Apparently wasn’t SPP’s fault as Rioli slung Keane round in the tackle, so SPP should get a reduced penalty

But Rioli shouldn’t get charged either

I've watched the incident and honestly, not sure how anyone can expect spp to avoid the collision. It was a football collision and he should be free to play.

I've watched the incident and honestly, not sure how anyone can expect spp to avoid the collision. It was a football collision and he should be free to play.
Maybe don't plant his feet, accelerate and drop the shoulder with the intent to hurt someone.

This idea that he had no choice or no duty of care is fanciful. Like it out not, we are living in a new world where if you choose to bump, you are vulnerable to suspension.

He had a choice and showed no duty of care. Case closed.

Sure. Rioli slings Keane around and SPP doesn't chose to tackle and was forced to bump. An accidental footy collision.:think:

Yep. I saw a week or two ago that Kochie made a big deal about how Warren had to sign the Port Board ‘Charter’. About conduct and all that. I mean, I would think that would be fairly standard but of course Kochie had to make a big show. Of interest was his statement to the effect of Ken being coach for the full 2 years contract no matter what 😆
I was rather disappointed in Tredders last night. Thought he was really good last week but last night was a real change to this approach and analysis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been bought and paid for now by Kochie :$
Hannibal Lecter Halloween GIF by Storyful

Tredrea giving medical advice...

"Contacted by a medical professional today, and 90%,of damage from concussion is from the whiplash, so Keane's injury most likely not caused by the actual hit".

Port's view on concussion from one of their Board Members.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
So now Tredders listens to medical professionals????

I’ve never really understood how nearly all bump events aren’t intentional.

There are grey areas where a player is duty-bound to protect himself.

The Byron Pickett style events are very intentional though. He made a career out of it, but you can’t any more.

Is that a good or a bad thing? I’m a bit ambivalent about it.

I don’t think the Pickett-Krummel type incidents added anything to the game.

There are grey areas where a player is duty-bound to protect himself.

The Byron Pickett style events are very intentional though. He made a career out of it, but you can’t any more.

Is that a good or a bad thing? I’m a bit ambivalent about it.

I don’t think the Pickett-Krummel type incidents added anything to the game.
Sniping shots taking out opposition players just make the game worse.

Sniping shots taking out opposition players just make the game worse.

That’s mostly true, but Pickett also chose his targets pretty well, they were mostly players who had poor awareness.

He tried to take out Darren Jarman in the 98GF, and it was a wash. Fud saw it coming, like he did most things on a footy field.

What I miss most is the consequence of an action. No not games missed but the return game and the pay back

The elbow behind play. What annoys me is nothing ever happens to personally remind a player they went too far.

#ThugLife4Eva
😂 I remember,¥………… quick story, I remember Bomber Clifford giving me one, so the intention was to square up. The opportunity presented so I graciously returned the compliment and just said “ that’s an evener up” his reply was “ we never finish even Cleanhands” but at the final siren he comes up and shakes your hand and says” the first beer is on me” and was true to his word

😂 I remember,¥………… quick story, I remember Bomber Clifford giving me one, so the intention was to square up. The opportunity presented so I graciously returned the compliment and just said “ that’s an evener up” his reply was “ we never finish even Cleanhands” but at the final siren he comes up and shakes your hand and says” the first beer is on me” and was true to his word
Knew an old school umpire who said ' right you've both had one each next one goes in the book '' and the play continued without any more fuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back