MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year really stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Game against the Swans not looking quite so bad now. Swans should be 10 goals up on the pies now.

lol, as I say that Heeney marks and goals.

11 goals.
Knew someone would try this. We lost to a good side so it's not bad! Yeah it means we aren't a good side.

Can't help but watch the way the swans and giants played and see the dynamic players they have, the speed of their ball movement and the class and goal kicking midfielders they have and then look at our team and think shit we're ****ed.

Chad Warner has 46 goals in his career, Oliver has 51

Not including the ruck, I'm not sure we have a top 8 midfield in the comp anymore

Listened to Macraes press conference because I wanted to hear how he handles this compared to Goody.
No talk of brand or contest and defense

Mostly owned it and said they made too many mistakes in the back half with ball movement and that was ok, they are allowed to make mistakes.

My favourite line from him
Journo- you finished the latest of any team and then started the earliest does that matter?

Fly- Nup, we're ready

Knew someone would try this. We lost to a good side so it's not bad! Yeah it means we aren't a good side.
Where did I say we are a good side? Please highlight it for me. Only team I indicated was good is Sydney.

Watching Logan McDonald's post game interview, and he says "If we bring our contest and defence, we'll stack up against most teams."

He's ready for us, bring him in!

Last edited:
Watching Logan McDonald's post game interview, and he says "If we bring our contest and defence, we'll stack up against most teams."

He's ready for us, bring him in!
I no longer want us to sign Logan McDonald.

I know it will be one sided but I'm quite interested to see how north go today, they have some pretty good youth in that team.

I mean we are rolling out guys like mcdonald and Brown, meanwhile they have wardlaw, sheezel, McKercher, duursma.

I know it will be one sided but I'm quite interested to see how north go today, they have some pretty good youth in that team.

I mean we are rolling out guys like mcdonald and Brown, meanwhile they have wardlaw, sheezel, McKercher, duursma.
:(

BTW this is our team that beat gws Rd1 2016
View attachment 1929319
I reckon north's youth is probably better in comparison. Trac hadn't debut yet
North have been rebuilding for as long as we had been at that point but didn't have to scrap it all and start over halfway through like we did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have been rebuilding for as long as we had been at that point but didn't have to scrap it all and start over halfway through like we did.
If Norf can find a backline from somewhere in the next 3 years, they will be unstoppable with that midfield. Their backline is horrible. I'm surprised they went Duursma over Curtin tbh.

Isn't that what they basically did with the Shaw/Noble tenures? Not quite the same whole of club implosion we had, but this is pretty much their second run at a rebuild with Clarko playing the part of Roos for them.

Isn't that what they basically did with the Shaw/Noble tenures? Not quite the same whole of club implosion we had, but this is pretty much their second run at a rebuild with Clarko playing the part of Roos for them.
I'm more talking about their list. For the most part they've drafted pretty well.

Basically none of our first rounders from the Neeld/Bailey eras made it.

I'm more talking about their list. For the most part they've drafted pretty well.

Basically none of our first rounders from the Neeld/Bailey eras made it.
Gawn, Viney, watts and Jetta are only the successful ones off the top of my head that were drafted in that period. Watts was particularly good in that 16/17 period. From thst team honourable mentions to col garland, Matt Jones, Dean Kent and Aaron Vandenberg who could have had better careers if they didn't come to a basket case.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year really stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back