MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

We're basically mid 10s Carlton atm with all the players that leave us going on to do bigger and better things with other clubs while we replace them all with complete hacks.

Huge fail for the coaching and list management.
Kind of in a weird way happy for Jordon. Clearly mismanaged by Goody. Horse has found him his spot unlike us. Was probably lucky to get a spot in our GF, but I thought it was s* he didn't get to play a minute of gametime. Couldn't give a s* about Grundy. Horrible list management getting him in the first place.

Kind of in a weird way happy for Jordon. Clearly mismanaged by Goody. Horse has found him his spot unlike us. Was probably lucky to get a spot in our GF, but I thought it was s* he didn't get to play a minute of gametime. Couldn't give a s* about Grundy. Horrible list management getting him in the first place.
Don't really care that he didn't come on for five minutes in the Granny when the game was over, I doubt he would have really valued that any more than what he did. Happy for him if he gets a proper flag this time around.

Didn't rate him with us but when you see guys like him and Bedford thriving at their new clubs you have to ask why they couldn't do that for us. Makes me wonder if we traded Sparrow if he'd come good too.

Don't really care that he didn't come on for five minutes in the Granny when the game was over, I doubt he would have really valued that any more than what he did. Happy for him if he gets a proper flag this time around.

Didn't rate him with us but when you see guys like him and Bedford thriving at their new clubs you have to ask why they couldn't do that for us. Makes me wonder if we traded Sparrow if he'd come good too.
Yeah also someone who played out the whole game wouldn't be on the ground.

All in all a very forgettable and dull game of football. Port need to give the captaincy solely to Butters. Rozee is such a weak leader. Sums up that club. Hinkley just can't get the job done. Long may it continue. Have to admire their consistency to keep being thereabouts, but clearly they just can't get it done. Oh well.
Agree that Rozee seems a poor captain, but Butters would be no better. Same downhill skier who has went missing in every final he has played.

I thought JJ had a lot of good moments. It's not a huge surprise he's having a decent year, he is surrounded by a few absolute guns which helps.

Never saw much of bedford, assumed his issue was that he was lazy. Glad he's come good either way.

Both play tagging roles a bit, we don't tend to do that, and I hate it. If you can sacrifice your fifth best mid to take out the oppositions best why wouldn't you

Agree that Rozee seems a poor captain, but Butters would be no better. Same downhill skier who has went missing in every final he has played.
Yeah both go missing in finals. But Butters has way more of a follow me vibe about him than Rozee. Maybe make JHF captain. P*** them both off. Whatever they've had isn't working come finals time.

I thought JJ had a lot of good moments. It's not a huge surprise he's having a decent year, he is surrounded by a few absolute guns which helps.

Never saw much of bedford, assumed his issue was that he was lazy. Glad he's come good either way.

Both play tagging roles a bit, we don't tend to do that, and I hate it. If you can sacrifice your fifth best mid to take out the oppositions best why wouldn't you
100% Goody f*d up with Bedford and JJ. Both should be on our list. Both in an age bracket as well that we fall short in. Both weren't match winners, but clearly were under utilised and given wrong roles or played as sub too many times.. Coaches need to identify these players strengths and Goody went with Sparrow or Salem etc who've added nothing.

Agree on JJ. No gun but at least more willing to play a team role pretty well and not just try and be an inside pig all the time. Could work himself into spots to get the footy much better than Sparrow ever has (remember JJ was the link man!)

As much as I hated him Jordan Jones would do a decent job replacing ANB

100% Sparrow will go to Sydney and be a gun for them too

Watching Swans last night made me pretty dark about our long term future. I just think we have zero advantage or uniqueness as a club to take advantage of.

-No Academy advantage, the one time we get a good player we couldn't even draft him
-No go-home factor for trade targets and free agents
-No reason any good player would choose us over the big clubs in Melbourne. The last couple years have been brutal for this, we may never be in a better position to attract good players, tried to get multiple big names and kept missing. Getting May and Lever was a miracle.
-Even if we draft well, 14 other clubs have one or more of the above advantages in addition to their ability to draft well and get a guy like Warner.

Basically I think we need three or four gun father-sons to come through at the same time after we have fully bottomed out and drafted well if we will ever win another grand final in my lifetime.

This is so boring, what a waste of a finals spot Port are.
Got pumped by 80 points at home, they just had to win last week and did. Unfortunately that was their grand final and these results usually end up with boring preliminary finals. I feel Brisbane are in the same boat, fantastic come back but they'll run out of steam. It's why I'm annoyed GWS loss, I reckon they would have had Geelong measure. Also Brisbane don't win at the g unless they are playing melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've actually got a feeling Brisbane will win tonight. Geelong are coached much, much better, but there's more talent on that Brisbane list. If their midfield gets a hold of Geelong's, they'll be tough to beat.

I've actually got a feeling Brisbane will win tonight. Geelong are coached much, much better, but there's more talent on that Brisbane list. If their midfield gets a hold of Geelong's, they'll be tough to beat.
Yeah don't trust Brisbane but they just need their players to stand up. Miles better team on paper.

I'll probably look stupid so bookmark this but on first crack or whatever Geelong had the best scores for an against from stoppages in the last couple months. The names aren't important their setup is the best in the league.

I'll probably look stupid so bookmark this but on first crack or whatever Geelong had the best scores for an against from stoppages in the last couple months. The names aren't important their setup is the best in the league.
If Geelong win the flag this year it'll go down as the greatest coaching performance of all time.

If Geelong win the flag this year it'll go down as the greatest coaching performance of all time.
It's honestly amazing how they seem to just pluck 2 blokes out of no where every year that are good AFL players. They have 1 top 20 pick of their own in the team I think I saw.

Yeah, I think I read that stat somewhere. Pretty remarkable considering their cattle (or lack thereof). Just reckon they're due to run out of puff at some point, and a midfield with Neale/McCluggage/Dunkley/Ashcroft could be a tough challenge.

That being said, Brisbane are impossible to trust, particularly at the 'G, so who knows.

It's honestly amazing how they seem to just pluck 2 blokes out of no where every year that are good AFL players. They have 1 top 20 pick of their own in the team I think I saw.
I think Swans probably get them if they make it. Cats will struggle to stop their ball movement.

1 AA in a flag side just doesn't happen.

I think Swans probably get them if they make it. Cats will struggle to stop their ball movement.

1 AA in a flag side just doesn't happen.
99% of the time id agree with you but with how up an down every team is I could easily see either side winning by 10 goals tonight and in the GF.

99% of the time id agree with you but with how up an down every team is I could easily see either side winning by 10 goals tonight and in the GF.
Would be funny as if we end up with the most boring Prelim/GF combo after the most unpredictable AFL season ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back