MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Goofy genuinely in trouble if we lose to West Coast next week? They are appalling. And to lose to them twice in a matter of 6 weeks or so surely would bring out the knives.

Is Goofy genuinely in trouble if we lose to West Coast next week? They are appalling. And to lose to them twice in a matter of 6 weeks or so surely would bring out the knives.

I would love it but honestly think we are zero chance to sack him, we’d need a player revolt. The president and CEO tied themselves to him, they won’t want to sack him as it’d mean they probably go too.

I would love it but honestly think we are zero chance to sack him, we’d need a player revolt. The president and CEO tied themselves to him, they won’t want to sack him as it’d mean they probably go too.
Yeah there's not even be a single question about him in the media yet. We're a mile off sacking him

Only realistic ways I see Goodwin going:

Season continues to fall off a cliff, Adelaide put in an offer to bring him home and our admin release him.

Relationship between Petracca and club is genuinely strained and under threat of losing him we sack Goodwin to keep him happy.

Highly doubt either come to fruition.

Whatever happens it's a pass this year because Oliver is fat, Brayshaw retired, and spleen.
We could miss finals for years and he'll keep his job, first premiership coach since the 60s

We could miss finals for years and he'll keep his job, first premiership coach since the 60s
AFL coaches by and large get a huge amount of leeway and it's tripled for premiership coaches. Dogs have stuck with Beveridge despite the fact they've been mediocre for most of his tenure. Simpson drove the Eagles off a cliff by going all in with an aging group and is still there.

Goodwin won't get sacked on performance before his contract runs out. if we make finals again between now and then he will most likely get an extension.

The wild thing is, if we had of held on against Brisbane and kicked just 2pts in that first quarter against Carlton, we'd be third!!! There really isn't many good teams in it this year. That group between 3rd and 13th has some ordinary sides.it really is Sydney's to lose. Blues and Pies are good, and if one makes it through to the GF, then would like their chances at the G, but Swans are the one and only great side in it.

AFL coaches by and large get a huge amount of leeway and it's tripled for premiership coaches. Dogs have stuck with Beveridge despite the fact they've been mediocre for most of his tenure. Simpson drove the Eagles off a cliff by going all in with an aging group and is still there.

Goodwin won't get sacked on performance before his contract runs out. if we make finals again between now and then he will most likely get an extension.
It's definitely one thing that annoys me about AFL and probably sporting clubs in general in this country. Coaches get way too much time to perform. Way too much time. Hinkley, Simpson, Nick's should all be gone. Bevo too probably. Goody and Lyon and to a certain degree Clarkson should all be walking the plank.

The wild thing is, if we had of held on against Brisbane and kicked just 2pts in that first quarter against Carlton, we'd be third!!! There really isn't many good teams in it this year. That group between 3rd and 13th has some ordinary sides.it really is Sydney's to lose. Blues and Pies are good, and if one makes it through to the GF, then would like their chances at the G, but Swans are the one and only great side in it.
And if Brown hadn't laid an epic tackle against North, Port hadn't kicked like absolute dogshit, and Jeremy Cameron hadn't missed two sitters/Fritsch hadn't kicked the goal of the year then we'd be 14th

Besides Carlton required Petracca to put in one of his best ever performances for us to be in it and Brissy was one out of the box quarter.

We're not playing in a way that is at all sustainable even if those results went our way. We'd just be making up the numbers this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if Brown hadn't laid an epic tackle against North, Port hadn't kicked like absolute dogshit, and Jeremy Cameron hadn't missed two sitters/Fritsch hadn't kicked the goal of the year then we'd be 14th

Besides Carlton required Petracca to put in one of his best ever performances for us to be in it and Brissy was one out of the box quarter.

We're not playing in a way that is at all sustainable even if those results went our way. We'd just be making up the numbers this year.
If that post is suggesting we could do something in September that's absolutely insane. Our best players out for the season and Oliver's a fat dickhead. That's not how you win a flag

It's definitely one thing that annoys me about AFL and probably sporting clubs in general in this country. Coaches get way too much time to perform. Way too much time. Hinkley, Simpson, Nick's should all be gone. Bevo too probably. Goody and Lyon and to a certain degree Clarkson should all be walking the plank.
I reckon rebuilding coaches get the shit end of the stick (I still think Leppitsch would make an excellent coach if given another chance) but once you've got a team you believe in coaches should really be looking over their shoulders. Coaches get rewarded for making up the numbers even if their list is premiership capable.

The media aren't even putting any heat on Goodwin , like did Spargo get shot in the back , or waiting till 3min from the end to put a sub on when it was clear we were running out of legs . I won't hold my breath waiting either .

Lol. I'm not suggesting we're any good FFS. Never suggested it. In fact said there are so many s* teams in it this year that it's ridiculously close between 3rd and 13th. Hardly any good teams in it. To think a couple of small things go our way and we'd be third is insane. We seem miles off it, but so are a lot of other teams. Swans, Blues and Pies only 3 good sides in it.

Lol. I'm not suggesting we're any good FFS. Never suggested it. In fact said there are so many s* teams in it this year that it's ridiculously close between 3rd and 13th. Hardly any good teams in it. To think a couple of small things go our way and we'd be third is insane. We seem miles off it, but so are a lot of other teams. Swans, Blues and Pies only 3 good sides in it.
Freo building nicely. Will be interesting if they can sustain it.

Freo put out very young teams most weeks. Don't think this year is their year but in a year or two they could jag one with how even the competition is.
Too inconsistent. Blues, Pies and Swans are much more hardened. Maybe a year or so off it, but agree they have a pretty good list now. Probably in that next rung down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back