MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Him and Joe Daniher have really underachieved with their careers imo
Both very similar in that I don't think either of them has footy as an obsession. Think it's something they've both been good at to make money rather than either of them wanting to be superstars.
I remember an interview with Hogan when he was younger and he'd never heard of Wayne Carey lol. Not everyone has to be Nathan Buckley but unless your Ablett Snr you need to have that want to be the best to actually get there.

I dont think Dusty is the type to retire then change his mind. Awesome career, pleasure to watch. Shame he wasn't a Dee, ****ing Prendergast.
Meh. We were a complete rabble on and off the field, we would have found a way to Melbourne him.

Meh. We were a complete rabble on and off the field, we would have found a way to Melbourne him.
Richmond weren't much better. In fact we used to beat that rabble often.

Fair point, though that 2012/2013 period felt like unprecedented levels of rabblesness.
2012-2013 was flipping terrible, but we had a better record than them directly after Martin was drafted in 2010-2011. He probably would have left us early on and been good elsewhere.

2012-2013 was flipping terrible, but we had a better record than them directly after Martin was drafted in 2010-2011. He probably would have left us early on and been good elsewhere.
Richmond sacked half their list between 09-10 so they were coming from further back. Richmond had Hardwick and Gale running the shop where we had Schwab and Bailey at each others throats. 2010-11 we were just building a house of cards.

He probably would have left us early on and been good elsewhere.
Exactly.
I do wonder what the timeline where Gawn throws up on Dusty's head instead of Scully looks like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond sacked half their list between 09-10 so they were coming from further back. Richmond had Hardwick and Gale running the shop where we had Schwab and Bailey at each others throats. 2010-11 we were just building a house of cards.
I'm not saying they weren't in a better space off field, just we had a better list at the time.

I'm not saying they weren't in a better space off field, just we had a better list at the time.
I reckon if you look at how footys played now, Dean Bailey was about a decade ahead of the curve. We were playing fast attacking run and carry footy that was all about fun in 2010, he just didn't have the leadership around the club to keep it together.

Looking at their premiership sides, there's a lot of good honest tryers like kamden, ellis, broad, caddy, shane edwards, pickett, liam baker.

Sad thinking our players of that ilk just reverted to potato after 21. Bowey, Sparrow being the main ones.

Looking at their premiership sides, there's a lot of good honest tryers like kamden, ellis, broad, caddy, shane edwards, pickett, liam baker.

Sad thinking our players of that ilk just reverted to potato after 21. Bowey, Sparrow being the main ones.
That's how it goes mate, your stars carry the crap underneath, tigers still have a dozen flag players in the side but the top end stars are past their best and it exposes the rest.

Liam Baker has become a good player in his own right tbf. Similar to Rivers with us perhaps. Titch was their ANB with a bit more goal kicking ability, I thought Sparrow could be Caddy like for a moment after the 2021 finals series but done absolutely nothing since.

Liam Baker has become a good player in his own right tbf. Similar to Rivers with us perhaps. Titch was their ANB with a bit more goal kicking ability, I thought Sparrow could be Caddy like for a moment after the 2021 finals series but done absolutely nothing since.
If we must play him I'd love for us to put Oliver in for surgery and play Sparrow out of the middle for the last three games and just see what happens.

If we must play him I'd love for us to put Oliver in for surgery and play Sparrow out of the middle for the last three games and just see what happens.
Think we've seen enough to determine how it will go haven't we? He looks like an inside mid but doesn't play anything like one. His clearance numbers when on ball suck, did a hell of job on Bont on the weekend as a tagger. Not.

Think we've seen enough to determine how it will go haven't we? He looks like an inside mid but doesn't play anything like one. His clearance numbers when on ball suck, did a hell of job on Bont on the weekend as a tagger. Not.
manchester united GIF

Think we've seen enough to determine how it will go haven't we? He looks like an inside mid but doesn't play anything like one.
Don't think he's ever been given an extended period playing as a full time mid. He's said he wants more midfield time in interviews so let him have it and if it doesn't work then piss him off. If not that then drop him (won't happen) and just play the kids or whatever. Anything but just the same boring shit that got us to this position.

Finals is gone so the last three weeks is time to experiment a bit.

Don't think he's ever been given an extended period playing as a full time mid. He's said he wants more midfield time in interviews so let him have it and if it doesn't work then piss him off. If not that then drop him (won't happen) and just play the kids or whatever. Anything but just the same boring shit that got us to this position.

Finals is gone so the last three weeks is time to experiment a bit.
What's the point of giving him midfield time?
If he's semi ok then we play an Oliver Sparrow Trac Viney midfield next year? Yuck 🤮

What's the point of giving him midfield time?
If he's semi ok then we play an Oliver Sparrow Trac Viney midfield next year? Yuck 🤮
Con Port or the Crows for a third rounder :sneaky:

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back