MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I love this:

"It was an extraordinary admission from a coach of a team that has the biggest home ground advantage in the AFL," Longmire said.

"This year they play 14 games at the MCG, they play three at Marvel (Stadium). That's 17 games essentially in front of their home crowd and they play finals and obviously the Grand Final on their home deck."
After Brisbane lost last year's Grand Final to Collingwood at the MCG amid some late umpiring controversy, Longmire added: "I wonder what (Brisbane coach) Chris Fagan thought of those comments. That was my initial thought - I wonder what Chris Fagan thinks of this?
"I just think from the coach of a team with the biggest home-ground advantage, including Grand Finals at the MCG ... geez.

"You don't often hear it from the team with the biggest home-ground advantage, do you?"

I did love on the night Macrae saying it was hard to fight the urge to blame the umpires

Then proceeded to whinge about the umpires

I heard that Ash Hansen has declined to take part in the Eagles search for a coach. Could be a media beat up as they said he was one of the favourites for the role

But if the eagles wish list has so far been Hansen and Cox, i'd be a little concerned. Seem to be hunting for ex-clubmen even if they're both more than qualified that'd worry me. Seen many a favourite son over the journey come back to coach and it not work out. Certainly seen some clubs blinded putting ex-players in over better choices

What would also worry me, is they also seem very tempted keeping on their care-taker coach (Another but not so well remembered ex-player). Seen a lot of clubs too easily tempted after seeing some early flare from a care-taker coach during the back end of a shit season. Can only think of two times where the care-taker coach taking over fully has worked okay, and only once when it was successful

Overall i think they have an okay developing list and will probs be okay. But they don't seem to be looking extremely far or past their own colours

I heard that Ash Hansen has declined to take part in the Eagles search for a coach. Could be a media beat up as they said he was one of the favourites for the role

But if the eagles wish list has so far been Hansen and Cox, i'd be a little concerned. Seem to be hunting for ex-clubmen even if they're both more than qualified that'd worry me. Seen many a favourite son over the journey come back to coach and it not work out. Certainly seen some clubs blinded putting ex-players in over better choices

What would also worry me, is they also seem very tempted keeping on their care-taker coach (Another but not so well remembered ex-player). Seen a lot of clubs too easily tempted after seeing some early flare from a care-taker coach during the back end of a shit season. Can only think of two times where the care-taker coach taking over fully has worked okay, and only once when it was successful

Overall i think they have an okay developing list and will probs be okay. But they don't seem to be looking extremely far or past their own colours
They're rebuilding they should just get a development coach for 3 years then sack them when their list starts coming together.

They're rebuilding they should just get a development coach for 3 years then sack them when their list starts coming together.
Classic, keep the care-taker on then

Go Storm

Minor premiership all but locked away. Beat the Panthers in a beauty last night. Might get something good out of this year. Dees full review and Storm a premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticed Heeney (much like Oliver) gets man handled a lot off the ball and gets nothing from the umps
Oliver doesn't get frees because he spends his whole game whinging to the umps and falling over. He rightfully gets nothing

That's the difference between Sydney and us. When they're having a shit night their mids can step up and kick goals. Ours don't.

Luke Parker's kicked one less goal tonight than Oliver has for the season

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back