MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

It had been bubbling for years in the home and away, but we all knew that one year the umpires would be the deciding factor in a Grand Final, that they would have direct sway on the result ruining the game. Today was it

No team loses because of a bad call though (minus Adelaide v Sydney this season.

12.18, Collingwood were better.

Pies were better, just taking the piss.

I had a bet on Brisbane about 7 weeks ago so I'm allowed to say they were robbed. 😊

I'm allowing myself one vindictive moment.

To Dayne Zorko:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Rayner was woeful too. Built like Tarzan, plays like the invisible man.

He was disgraceful today.

There is no in between with him, either plays well or shite. Thought today would have been the sort of day he showed up but absolutely dogshit.

Dude averages 12 possessions and less than a goal per game for his career. One of the most hilariously overrated players I've seen.

Yeah lmao lets take on three collingwood players at a ball up in a grand final. I'd have better odds of running through a literal brick wall

Dude averages 12 possessions and less than a goal per game for his career. One of the most hilariously overrated players I've seen.
People shat on Watts but **** me Rayner is a bad #1 pick. Has all the tools to be a decent player but wafts about on a HFF doing less than Kade Chandler.
Edit: don't mean that as a dig at KC either. But he was a rookie pick who's playing that role

Oh man, Will Hoskin-Elliott a premiership player. We'll always have that time Hunter split him in two at least

I could say how the umps got sucked in by some ducking tactics by the Pies. But at the end of the day they had a lot more scoring shots than the Lions and the Pies should have won by more.

The irony here is how the Pies got through the season with other teams blowing chances. And this time the Pies opened the door for the Lions to do the exact same thing. But couldn't.

I expect to see a few Pies retirements in the next week or so. Great way to end the Career with a GF win.

That was a real grind, not pretty to watch.

Great finish though.

Umps were terrible all game and it probably advantages the Pies. Daicos especially dropping the knees and getting head high frees.

In the end I thought Collingwood were the better team and deserved to win regardless of the umps.

I think this is going to mentally haunt the Lions for a long time.

I honestly feel the Sidebottom 50 is a free, but a 50 in a Grand Final they could have let go. I get the recent arguement for letting to much go, but also over umpiring is just as bad. it's there, but idk. I've hardly ever seen umpires pay 50's in the last 5 minutes of Grand Finals

People shat on Watts but * me Rayner is a bad #1 pick. Has all the tools to be a decent player but wafts about on a HFF doing less than Kade Chandler.
Edit: don't mean that as a dig at KC either. But he was a rookie pick who's playing that role
Good edit, was about to stick up for Chin haha.

Side by side, his stats from this year actually compare pretty favourably against Rayner's.

I honestly feel the Sidebottom 50 is a free, but a 50 in a Grand Final they could have let go. I get the recent arguement for letting to much go, but also over umpiring is just as bad. it's there, but idk. I've hardly ever seen umpires pay 50's in the last 5 minutes of Grand Finals
I thought it was harsh in the moment, but after seeing the replay it was clearly there. Was just a stupid thing to do.

MFC Fans Only Non Demons Footy Chat 2023 - incl. AFL Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back