Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be happy enough with Duggan, as was mentioned, we may have taken him anyway.
Although, just to stir the never happened pot we could have traded Waters & 11 to Adelaide for 10. Offload what ended up a 2015 list bomb.
Hindsight list management.
Imagine a Back to the future almanac with 10 years of draft insight.

On the Crowley "issue" a few purples have mentioned drugs, and one just said a reasonable source have told them it's a third strike:eek:

Sad if true, I know we all hate them, but for someone of his age to be getting more than 1 strike, reeks of a serious problem, as we know all too well.

Ironic that they may end up with 2 players who have actually been caught, while half our bloody team was on the gear and none of them got done (during playing days anyway)

All that aside, he is still a massive campaigner.

Been told by a few in the 'know' that Freo's drug culture is rampant including their pin up boy.
But because they are basically irrelevant no one makes a big deal about it

Even freo people laughed how quickly the Johnson incident died down and how they 'got away' with the 'first time' lie.

Last edited:
Been told by a few in the 'know' that Freo's drug culture is rampant including their pin up boy.

Even freo people laughed how quickly the Johnson incident died down and how they 'got away' with the 'first time' lie.

You really do have a burning hatred for them don't you.

Got the impression that we would've picked Duggan anyway.
Perhaps it is better than Geelong jumped up the order to take him.
Yeah I fail to see our recruiting team picking him over safe-bet Liam. Agreed - this way we'll never know.

The thing is, I've worked with people who have depression. I think sportsmen are starting to hurt people's views on depression. You either have it or you don't and usually it is chronic. It's not something that starts when you play for a team that's always losing and goes away when you start playing for a team that's winning. Similarly I remember when Johnathon Trott went home after being battered, essentially said, if he was making runs he would've played on!! That's not depression! Just be honest and say you need a break!

I think this is true, but I think what they have tends to be more bi-polar. Which is greatly effected by winning & losing. You are winning everything is great you are on top of the world...you are losing and the coach has something to say about the way you played and you would struggle to get out of bed.

I think the pro nature of footy with access to drugs would draw this out in you pretty quickly.

Judd said he stopped reading newspapers & watching footy shows because of the rave reviews he got, he realised the power they have and that they might not all be so glowing all of the time.

I would hazard a guess that many players from all clubs take illegal stimulants on the weekends. Pills, coke, meth - it's all out of your system in a day or two and it's much easier to hide when you're out and about. Chuck on some sunnies and you just look like you're loving life and having a good time.

I don't think anyone really cares if players are suspected of casual usage - it's when they start getting involved in the people who sell it, selling it themselves, or overdosing that it becomes considered a 'problem'.

Last edited:
Why not? They traded for him fair and square. Gave the dees a pretty sweet deal. I dont think hes ever looked to be a top 10 forward in the comp or looked super dangerous. His best season was as a number 1 ruck. will revisit my thoughts after a season with better delivery from the cats

I think he was the leading goal kicker in the league for Melbourne before his foot injury in 2012. He was pretty dominant that year as a forward before injury in a team that barely went forward.

Last edited:
Why not? They traded for him fair and square. Gave the dees a pretty sweet deal. I dont think hes ever looked to be a top 10 forward in the comp or looked super dangerous. His best season was as a number 1 ruck. will revisit my thoughts after a season with better delivery from the cats

Really? The Prince?
Dees were never going to really get what he was worth because of his situation, but I really didn't like how the trade played out, "I have a serious illness, going to Geelong will help that. If not there I can't play AFL."

Obviously I have a higher opinion of his ability, so that probably skews my view on it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is true, but I think what they have tends to be more bi-polar. Which is greatly effected by winning & losing. You are winning everything is great you are on top of the world...you are losing and the coach has something to say about the way you played and you would struggle to get out of bed.

I think the pro nature of footy with access to drugs would draw this out in you pretty quickly.

Judd said he stopped reading newspapers & watching footy shows because of the rave reviews he got, he realised the power they have and that they might not all be so glowing all of the time.

Fair point but I don't think they should label it as depression, which is something chronic and often is a result of a traumatic event (though not always). There is already negative stigma towards depression and the last thing needed is for the public to think it is a just a phase someone goes through and all they need to do is change their environment (or something else simple) and they'll be 'cured'.

Personally i would have used Jayden Pitt over Darling as an example... but we can go with Mcleod too

Josh Simpson over.... anyone?

Their list of draft pick f**k ups is endless, I just went with the first one that came to mind, just happened to be a dual premiership/norm smith medalist, 300 game player, but I'm sure whoever they chose was well worth it:D

On the Crowley "issue" a few purples have mentioned drugs, and one just said a reasonable source have told them it's a third strike:eek:

Sad if true, I know we all hate them, but for someone of his age to be getting more than 1 strike, reeks of a serious problem, as we know all too well.

Ironic that they may end up with 2 players who have actually been caught, while half our bloody team was on the gear and none of them got done (during playing days anyway)

All that aside, he is still a massive campaigner.

I reckon it's DVAM. How else do you think he's so keen on chasing blokes' tails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back