Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Port fined $100 000 with $50 000 being in the soft cap.

Is it just me or do people think fining clubs and players just an inconvenience?
Whether players or clubs, the only thing that hurts, is losing draft pics, premiership points or missing matches for players.

Edit* I do think some things are fine worthy, just not this type of thing.

Yeah won’t affect them at all imo. I hate to think what could have happened to Allir if he copped another bad head knock in that game

Port fined $100 000 with $50 000 being in the soft cap.

Is it just me or do people think fining clubs and players just an inconvenience?
Whether players or clubs, the only thing that hurts, is losing draft pics, premiership points or missing matches for players.

Edit* I do think some things are fine worthy, just not this type of thing.

Good to see there is some sort of statement being made but I do wonder if a big vAFL club would have been whacked so hard.

Not sure making sure Port have less footy department resources is the right angle when they are clearly failing on player welfare to begin with.

I am less surprised that the AFL hasn't got the cojones to censure the medical staff at Port with some sort of suspension.

Good to see there is some sort of statement being made but I do wonder if a big vAFL club would have been whacked so hard.

Not sure making sure Port have less footy department resources is the right angle when they are clearly failing on player welfare to begin with.

I am less surprised that the AFL hasn't got the cojones to censure the medical staff at Port with some sort of suspension.

Port also have history in this area. I'm surprised the punishment was so lenient.

On the groin incident can you imagine the uproar if someone had of done it to say...... Nick Daicos. As far as im concerned that is the dirtiest thing that can happen on a footy field and should be a 7+ week suspension. It's effectively forcible sexual assualt on a football field.

Port also have history in this area. I'm surprised the punishment was so lenient.

On the groin incident can you imagine the uproar if someone had of done it to say...... Nick Daicos. As far as im concerned that is the dirtiest thing that can happen on a footy field and should be a 7+ week suspension. It's effectively forcible sexual assualt on a football field.

I reckon Zorko was very restrained. I'd find it hard to blame the bloke if he went in swinging.

I've lost a lot of respect for Touk.

Port should have received either a premiership points or draft penalty even if the penalty was suspended

That would have been fair and a genuine deterrent

A $100k fine is a bit of a lettuce leaf for a club that receives ~$5m over the base amount of AFL funding. Its effectively the AFL fining itself

Port should have received either a premiership points or draft penalty even if the penalty was suspended

A $100k fine is a bit of a lettuce leaf for a club that receives ~$5m over the base amount of AFL funding. Its effectively the AFL fining itself
AFL: Port we hereby confiscate your 2nd and 3rd round selections in the 2023 Draft.

So its like fining melbourne for not tanking and because they were broke the AFL paid it for them?

Why am I not surprised?

CUZ prepares for a triathlon and the club has to show cause.

It looks better if the full $100k is in the cap.

Make Ken or a head of department take a serious haircut. It also has the added benefit of the AFL not being any further out of pocket (assuming Port is paying the full cap).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good old Marlon cracking it at a fan giving him a pat on the back whilst he was near the fence…

Then you have boofheads like brown saying he should have decked the bloke….. would be a good look for a bloke on bail at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back