Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maynard straight to the tribunal - heheheheheh
Was surprised by that.

Seems like a pretty obvious 2 week suspension. Straight to the tribunal suggests it might be more.

Yes, the smother was a football act but the AFL have been pretty clear if you leave the ground you're taking a big risk.

Players don't set out to do that sort of damage to opposition players any more, but I think he definitely wanted to get a cheeky shoulder in and has badly misjudged it.

The dropping of the shoulder is going to be hard to argue as a football action.

On Maynard - I really don't care whether he intended to hurt Brayshaw or not. Don't really care if it was a football act or not. That discussion all seems to play into the pantomime of it all.

Essentially he's KO'd a bloke where the AFL have sought to punish all similar acts throughout the year as a means of demonstrating that they're taking active steps to reduce concussion injuries. Which is the right thing.

Maynard should cop weeks -shouldn't be any different just because it occurred during a finals series. Which is where all the consternation is coming from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After witnessing first hand, just how s**t the good McKay brother is, WTF would Swans shell out 800k for the s**t McKay brother?
Are we sure there IS a good McKay brother?

haha Chad Warner

Dickhead

Was surprised by that.

Seems like a pretty obvious 2 week suspension. Straight to the tribunal suggests it might be more.

Yes, the smother was a football act but the AFL have been pretty clear if you leave the ground you're taking a big risk.

Players don't set out to do that sort of damage to opposition players any more, but I think he definitely wanted to get a cheeky shoulder in and has badly misjudged it.

The dropping of the shoulder is going to be hard to argue as a football action.
If it was Maynard's team mate who he was going to collide with does he drop the shoulder or put his hands out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back