Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many intercept marks for Jacob weitering next week? I don't know what the record for a single match is but he'll give it a crack I reckon.

No McKay or Martin who was match winner in passages tonight .
Melbourne without Brayshaw or forward- line , I think Carlton can win !!!
Regardless of the result next week both teams will be minced interstate vs Brisbane or Port in a prelim imo.

2018 Melbourne feeling about Carlton this finals imo. Can see them winning next week and then losing by 10+ goals against Brisbane.

Swans their own worst enemy there.

Took over two quarters to show some intent and take the game on, when it was always obvious that a bit of scoreboard pressure would turn Carlton into a mass of nerves.

2.5 in the last quarter. Can't say they didn't have their chances.

Not that it matters. Don't see either Carlton or Melbourne presenting much more than fodder for the winner of tomorrow night's Qualifying Final.

Not sure how I feel about Carlton winning a final after such a long drought. I like their player on-field and I like Michael Voss... But from my time working bars at the MCG and Etihad, their fans were easily the worst of the lot.

Not sure how I feel about Carlton winning a final after such a long drought. I like their player on-field and I like Michael Voss... But from my time working bars at the MCG and Etihad, their fans were easily the worst of the lot.
Nothing has changed.

I don’t tend to get into fights at the footy because I don’t see the point, but only time I have this year was against them at Marvel. Some of the mouths on their supporters particularly around kids is just embarrassing. They also preach bull crap about being a loyal fanbase yet abuse their own players, spare me.

Hope Melbourne torch them by 40 next week.

Nothing has changed.

I don’t tend to get into fights at the footy because I don’t see the point, but only time I have this year was against them at Marvel. Some of the mouths on their supporters particularly around kids is just embarrassing. They also preach bull crap about being a loyal fanbase yet abuse their own players, spare me.

Hope Melbourne torch them by 40 next week.
It was a unique way to get a genuine insight into each of the Melbourne club's supporters and Carlton games were consistently the worst nights to work.

Obviously, all clubs have dickheads in the crowd, but I got a chance to see a huge cross-section of those fans and they were head and shoulders above the rest. If North had more than a handful of fans they would have given them a run for their money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the bad review tonight? I only remember one review which was given a Swans goal and clearly touched by McGovern (I think)... maybe halfway through the last quarter.

4.3 to 7.8 in the second half. Had em on toast but couldn't convert.
I think the Swans lost it, very poor performance. But not unexpected. Lots of dumb footy, very poor kicking and a slow start away.

The vision was completey blurred. Pay for better cameras, it's not like they don't have the money.

The problem is that they dont have cameras. they use the feed directly from the broadcast.
So they would actually have to rebuild the entire system with the appropriate gear/cameras for it to work properly
Which would cost decent coin, so of course the AFL wont do it.

What was the bad review tonight? I only remember one review which was given a Swans goal and clearly touched by McGovern (I think)... maybe halfway through the last quarter.
It was called as touched by the goal umpire and the review agreed (or at least found no evidence to overturn). Looked like the right decision to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back