Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions no doubt threw that away...

But if that is how the interpretation is going to be for matches involving "big 4" Melbourne clubs this season, I may have had enough already.

Win the ruck, get on top in the contest, have a strong leader, run hard and have contesting big forwards. Nothing new.

Perhaps don't give away soft 50's gifting a goal is a lesson in a one point loss. Also don't relax when you have a lead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The enormity of what they lost last year may well be sinking in now. A big opportunity there in the last quarter to correct things and show they have learnt, and they botched it.

Could very likely be 0-2 after next weekend.

They (Brisbane) weren’t overly great in the latter rounds and finals IMO. Secured second with a very ugly wasteful display against St Kilda, beat Port (which was great of course) but it was really one quarter and then the terrible start to the prelim. Took Carlton running out of steam for them to gain ascendancy. And the grand final, well they were closer than I expected, but realistically should have been 4-5 goals behind at 3QT.

Tis a long road back, a most (not ideal) start!

Win the ruck, get on top in the contest, have a strong leader, run hard and have contesting big forwards. Nothing new.

Perhaps don't give away soft 50's gifting a goal is a lesson in a one point loss. Also don't relax when you have a lead.

Not denying that Carlton improved and stood up when necessary, whilst Brisbane completely blew their own chances.

But there may as well have been two different sets of rules applying to contests at one end of the ground compared to the other during the last five minutes in particular.

Carlton forwards in particular were able to get away with a ridiculous amount against Lions defenders.

I might have to start following the Lions Trade and Draft thread. Always like to take a keen focus on a team that's bottoming out and going through a rebuild.
Uh Oh Reaction GIF by Bounce

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back