Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne looking into an abyss, if petracca left the free fall would be something special to watch!
Abandon Ship GIF
The parallels between them now and West Coast 2007 are remarkable. Granted they do lose these players and fall to the bottom four.

Yeah I noticed Luke Ryan in the cats game, super sloppy rig for a professional athlete. Might work for him, but he looks like he avoids the weights room at all cost!
Something about intercept defenders and being a bit chonk

Ryan, McGovern, May

Correct. He was a late bloomer because of his conditioning but has consistently improved in that area. Luke Ryan has gone the other way.

We often forget that even though Gov was rookie drafted in 2011 that he didn't even play his first game until 2014, ehen he was 22. I flicked through his Back Chat interview with Schofield a few days ago and he didn't take his fitness or pre-seasons seriously until Simmo banished him.

To be fair to the Gov though, he's slimmed right down over the last couple of years.

Which has resulted in a lot more rib injuries for him

Less shock absorption

David Zita

@DavidZita1
·
21m

Chris Scott confirms Tom Hawkins won’t return for the West Coast game next week, but the Cats are still optimistic he’ll be fit to play come finals.
@FOXFOOTY

Thank god as i could see him kicking a bag on us.

David Zita

@DavidZita1
·
21m

Chris Scott confirms Tom Hawkins won’t return for the West Coast game next week, but the Cats are still optimistic he’ll be fit to play come finals.
@FOXFOOTY

Chris Scott of swinging a weekly late change fame. Porkins will come in and rip us a new one now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

David Zita

@DavidZita1
·
21m

@FOXFOOTY

I think the longer the season goes the more that question will hang over them.

There’s no room for sentimentality in football, of course but if ever a guy deserved a farewell game for services to the club he’s one. His back end to the career is as good as it gets for a key forward, really.

But, the end comes quickly, and he’s been out of form even before the injury and it’s not coincidental their rise in form happened after he was injured and they got a better structure in place.

Apparently one of the nicer guys in footy despite his fame and footballing name from everything I’ve read (including our very own Xavier Ellis) if anyone at Geelong to kick a bag on us I’d prefer him over Rohan or Cameron.

We often forget that even though Gov was rookie drafted in 2011 that he didn't even play his first game until 2014, ehen he was 22. I flicked through his Back Chat interview with Schofield a few days ago and he didn't take his fitness or pre-seasons seriously until Simmo banished him.
I might be misremembering the interview but didn't he say he was in Bali chugging piss and eating everything up to a week before that infamous run when Woosha beat him?

I might be misremembering the interview but didn't he say he was in Bali chugging piss and eating everything up to a week before that infamous run when Woosha beat him?
Something to that effect, yes. Had a very good offseason in Phuket and didn’t put in the work he should have.

Simmo probably taking a leaf out of the old managers playbook - “fire someone on your first day so they’ll respect you” , but it was obviously the wake up call he needed. What a player he has been.

Didn't Woosh beat "Doesn't bode well" Murray Newman?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back