Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Willie the idiot would have just copped a strike and no one would have known, but no he tried to fudge the test and deserved what he got in the end.

I don't think he would have even copped a strike. He was subjected to a non-game period PED test, where it's been mentioned they would not even be testing for THC.

If that first test which he tried to manipulate was either within the game day window or an AFL illicit substances test then yes the weed would have shown up.

It was a complete failure in comprehension by Willie that led to him going down that path and putting himself under the microscope for further testing which then returned the positive game day period result (which you'd think if his smoking was ongoing was going to catch up with him eventually if the AFL didn't test him for illicit substances first).

Bloody hell a read over at the Dees board and it really is starting to sound like our 2006/7 era

Smith getting caught, Goodwin selling guernseys, Oliver bending windscreen wipers...

Oliver bending wind screen wipers?

Clearly not on the special K, otherwise would have ripped them wipers off and used them to beat Uber drivers.

Interesting how many suspect big stars seem to have extended injury layoffs at the times of most concern.

Seems very twisty.

Last edited:

The rules have changed on recreational drugs such that they aren’t treated the same as PEDs which is fine from a WADA standpoint. It actually makes sense tbh

However, the notion that Smith could be caught with cocaine in his system on match day and not miss any games seems quite farcical. It sends a message that contradicts their supposed strong stance on illicit drug use

And allowing players to use the mental health card to temper any penalty is bullshit. Mental health needs to be taken seriously but reducing it to a convenient excuse for drug taking is ridiculous

When we’ve seen what other players have been banned for, it’s incongruous that Smith doesn’t sit out a significant number of games. Somewhere around 6, arguably more

While I’m at it, Melbourne must be getting awfully close to a visit from AFL integrity to have a look at what’s going on at that club. It’s not West Coast noughties levels but clearly there’s issues

Have read that ASADA consider cocaine performance enhancing if positive at a competition test.

I don't think he would have even copped a strike. He was subjected to a non-game period PED test, where it's been mentioned they would not even be testing for THC.

If that first test which he tried to manipulate was either within the game day window or an AFL illicit substances test then yes the weed would have shown up.

It was a complete failure in comprehension by Willie that led to him going down that path and putting himself under the microscope for further testing which then returned the positive game day period result (which you'd think if his smoking was ongoing was going to catch up with him eventually if the AFL didn't test him for illicit substances first).

1697795200389.png

Maybe a selfie sent to the hair testing proponents?

1697795338575.png

I'm shocked, just shocked..... (not).
---------------------------------------------

Melbourne star Clayton Oliver was believed to have been with embattled teammate Joel Smith the night he was taken to hospital in an ambulance.

It comes after it was revealed Smith is under a provisional suspension after testing positive for a banned substance, believed to be cocaine, after Melbourne’s round 23 encounter with Hawthorn.

The Herald Sun is reporting the two mates were at Smith’s home last week when Oliver had what was described by his club as a seizure.

He was taken to hospital, having allegedly hit his head during the medical episode, but was not believed to have been tested for illicit drugs.

The report came on the same day wild party footage of Oliver emerged, with the Demons midfielder appearing to be intoxicated as he kicks a hole through a wall.

The Demons culture is under intense scrutiny, with Smith tested by Sports Integrity Australian officials and now facing an SIA hearing in the coming weeks.
----------------------------------------------------

The rest is just re-hash of the trade period events.

Melbourne is mid-2000s West Coast from Wish.

Amateurs. Almost die in Vegas, climb onto the roof of the SAS barracks, swim the Swan River, break teammates arms, ******* rob banks or whatever it was Ben Sharp got up to, then come back to me.
Swallow a teammate's gold fish, have a peep hole into a player's room so you can watch different players having sex with different women etc....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Hawthorn delisted Ned Long… for the commentators sake it might help them now get Noah long correct

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They will probably start calling him Michael

Looks like it hurt tbf:

hqdefault.jpg

Imagine a world where the worst WCE team in history is probably the most desirable environment for the #1 draft pick to end up at?

North - Massive issues for the past 4 years. Culled list again and likely to finish bottom 2, if not spoon. Small crowd sizes and having to play in Hobart a few times a year in front of nobody.

Hawthorn - Racism investigation issues and Mitchell's questionable coaching in regards to bullying certain players.

WB - List is cucked and any future star won't get paid their worth due to Naughton, JUH and English contracts. Bevo's also a psycho.

Melbourne - Drug issues rivalling WCE's mid '00s period. Would hate your child ending up there if you were a parent and your kid was in the draft.

You can feel this is going to get worse and worse as the weeks go by.

Board meeting minutes of the football club leaked to the herald sun is what pisses me off. These a confidential documents and have sensitive personal or business information. Hope who ever leaked them gets drawn and quartered for being a dog rat campaigner

Imagine a world where the worst WCE team in history is probably the most desirable environment for the #1 draft pick to end up at?

North - Massive issues for the past 4 years. Culled list again and likely to finish bottom 2, if not spoon. Small crowd sizes and having to play in Hobart a few times a year in front of nobody.

Hawthorn - Racism investigation issues and Mitchell's questionable coaching in regards to bullying certain players.

WB - List is cucked and any future star won't get paid their worth due to Naughton, JUH and English contracts. Bevo's also a psycho.

Melbourne - Drug issues rivalling WCE's mid '00s period. Would hate your child ending up there if you were a parent and your kid was in the draft.

I wonder how many times a wooden spoon team has not had a single player leave that wasn't a retirement or delisting. I went back to 2010 comparing the wooden spoon 'winners' and the AFL trade period and none yet...maybe someone smarter can me can crunch the data all the way back.

This is what I've been saying to people the last couple of years where we almost won the spoon last year but then finished last this year. You're the number 1 pick, best kid in the country, you have the chance to go to the most resourced club in the land, 100,000 members, play in front of 50,000 most weeks when the team is actually decent and has a history of not being down in the dumps for too long before they're fighting in the finals again....or you can go to North...the literal complete opposite in terms of EVERYTHING compared to the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back