Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how many times a wooden spoon team has not had a single player leave that wasn't a retirement or delisting. I went back to 2010 comparing the wooden spoon 'winners' and the AFL trade period and none yet...maybe someone smarter can me can crunch the data all the way back.

It's kind of why we're in the state we're in. The club is too loyal to its players. Them offering Shuey another year and hoping Naitanui would get up for next year was gross gross negligence on their part.

Board meeting minutes of the football club leaked to the herald sun is what pisses me off. These a confidential documents and have sensitive personal or business information. Hope who ever leaked them gets drawn and quartered for being a dog rat campaigner
If I had one guess I'd say it was Bartlett. Bloke got ousted in the year they won the flag and has been grinding an axe ever since.

You’d think you’d have to sign NDAs to be part of the board. Having seen a few of them in the past, they’re often pretty flimsy in terms of recourse though

If I had one guess I'd say it was Bartlett. Bloke got ousted in the year they won the flag and has been grinding an axe ever since.

Have to say I wouldn't blame him for leaking after having players/coaches on the gear and raising ways to address and then getting booted.

Seems their Board is in the old school Woosha camp.

Woosha - "Thanks for coming in Ben, are you on drugs?"

Benny Boy - "No John".

Woosha to Nisbett, Board and media - "I never saw any evidence of Ben being on drugs".

Media - "But you asked him if he was on drugs".

Woosha - "Well I had hear some disturbing media stories and I asked him and he told me no. What more could I done".

It's kind of why we're in the state we're in. The club is too loyal to its players. Them offering Shuey another year and hoping Naitanui would get up for next year was gross gross negligence on their part.
In this instance it is the players who are loyal to the club and don't bail out. Could be that we are considered a soft touch by the players or alternatively no-one came a knocking.

Just watching the Saints vs the Crocs on YouTube atm - Jarrod Brander of WCE fame plays for the Crocs. He has filled out, big lad now compared to his days with us.
Kicked 4 goals in this game too. I am just in the 1st Q but he's already causing problems.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bombers opted to stump up on the cash front to trigger a band one compensation pick back to North Melbourne, which currently stands as pick three.”

I have a problem with this as it gives clubs room to game the system. It’s not fair for the competition if north can manufacturer a pick 3 for a crab and push everyone’s picks back.

May as well set up an AFL survivor and clubs put their best candidate to see who can survive until the end for pick 1

The Bombers opted to stump up on the cash front to trigger a band one compensation pick back to North Melbourne, which currently stands as pick three.”

I have a problem with this as it gives clubs room to game the system. It’s not fair for the competition if north can manufacturer a pick 3 for a crab and push everyone’s picks back.

May as well set up an AFL survivor and clubs put their best candidate to see who can survive until the end for pick 1

Begs the question - why is the compo calculated on the first year instead of the average over the life of the contract?

Wanna know why? Coz the AFBushLeague is making it up as they go along to get the results they desire.

Begs the question - why is the compo calculated on the first year instead of the average over the life of the contract?

Wanna know why? Coz the AFBushLeague is making it up as they go along to get the results they desire.

It's the VaFL. There are no such loopholes for out of state clubs that aren't completely beholden to VaFL House.

It’s calculated on the average over the life of the contract

Essendon simply front loaded McKays contract because they had space in their cap in 2024 to do so

It’s calculated on the average over the life of the contract

Essendon simply front loaded McKays contract because they had space in their cap in 2024 to do so

So is the article poorly worded or I'm just a complete retired?

Opening myself up to a latter or both here.

So is the article poorly worded or I'm just a complete retired?

Opening myself up to a latter or both here.

Poorly worded

It raises the front ended part of the contract then goes into stumping up cash for band 1 compo without making it clear those are two separate things

Just watching the Saints vs the Crocs on YouTube atm - Jarrod Brander of WCE fame plays for the Crocs. He has filled out, big lad now compared to his days with us.
Kicked 4 goals in this game too. I am just in the 1st Q but he's already causing problems.

Being a big fish in a small pond is all that he has in him.

would be great if he requests a trade elsewhere once that 1.5mill drops to 500k in the last 2 years.
Would be even better if it causes Essendon to cook their list balance as players move to earn more and they spend another 20 years in the wilderness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back