Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

lol that was just a wind up post.

I’m not sure how many kids from the Northern academies are in next years National U18 academy.

I’m expecting between 4 and 7.
Well the U16 All Australian squad was heavily weighted towards kids from Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS & Sydney academies so whilst being facetious your post may not have been that far from the mark.

Well the U16 All Australian squad was heavily weighted towards kids from Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS & Sydney academies so whilst being facetious your post may not have been that far from the mark.
That will be 2025 U18 academy.

There were some curious selections in that team, to say the least.

However, something that hasn’t been discussed about that draft for the academies.

Teams that finish in the top 4, can only match bids on one academy player.

Teams that finish 5th to 8th, can only match bids on two academy players.

Fair expectation that all 4 Northern teams will make finals in 2025.

Potentially a few academy kids are going to be going elsewhere that draft.

Lions could have anywhere from 3 to 7 draft quality kids that year. Maybe 3 in first round contention, depending on the strength of the draft.

It seems the selection criteria for that team was a bit dodgy …. Besides us not having preferential access to the two gws academy boys

That will be 2025 U18 academy.

There were some curious selections in that team, to say the least.

However, something that hasn’t been discussed about that draft for the academies.

Teams that finish in the top 4, can only match bids on one academy player.

Teams that finish 5th to 8th, can only match bids on two academy players.

Fair expectation that all 4 Northern teams will make finals in 2025.

Potentially a few academy kids are going to be going elsewhere that draft.

Lions could have anywhere from 3 to 7 draft quality kids that year. Maybe 3 in first round contention, depending on the strength of the draft.

Wrong. The above is only correct for the first round of the draft.

Missed that, what did he say?

“The supporter base is the best in the AFL and the most passionate fans in the AFL - that was a massive incentive to come across."

Dockers supporters have taken it as a personal insult judging by social media comments and I love it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“The supporter base is the best in the AFL and the most passionate fans in the AFL - that was a massive incentive to come across."

Dockers supporters have taken it as a personal insult judging by social media comments and I love it
I'd be pretty insulted if an ex Eagle said that about us.

Really? Seems a bit thin skinned to me, he literally didn't even say anything about Freo

Also, it's Freo supporters getting upset so it's automatically funny regardless
Pardon the intrusion , But he really didn't say anything that I would get upset about , Fact is Collingwood have a massive following you guys have more members (correction you have within a couple of thousand roughly the same)because in Perth that is the only way to guarantee a seat.
But they have a massive following outside of their membership that can just pick and choose which games they want to go to.
A good example of this is we went Melbourne on business a few years ago and decided to catch a game while we were there.
We purchased tickets for a Collingwood vs Essendon game on the day of the match for 3 people seated together and not shocking seats either.
Both teams were up and about at the time as well .
The atmosphere at the match was fantastic , My comment straight after the match was how much more atmosphere is generated when you have a more 50/50 crowd .
So I get what Lachie is talking about.

Last edited:
Pardon the intrusion , But he really didn't say anything that I would get upset about , Fact is Collingwood have a massive following you guys have more members (correction you have within a couple of thousand roughly the same)because in Perth that is the only way to guarantee a seat.
But they have a massive following outside of their membership that can just pick and choose which games they want to go to.
A good example of this is we went Melbourne on business a few years ago and decided to catch a game while we were there.
We purchased tickets for a Collingwood vs Essendon game on the day of the match for 3 people seated together and not shocking seats either.
The atmosphere at the match was fantastic , My comment straight after the match was how much more atmosphere is generated when you have a more 50/50 crowd .
There's something wrong here. Terribly wrong.

A Freo supporter being sensible, showing they have a brain and can actually use it. (Except for the supporting Freo bit; obviously.)

I agree with what Fyfster is saying.

I think I have to go and stick my head in the oven.

Have always thought we should do the derbies 50/50, would be great. 50% Eagles and Dockers, then the next derby other way round.

I suppose the problem is that seated memberships would not get their regular seats so would be very difficult to get past said members.

Any way we could make this work? North/south line through Optus maybe....

Have always thought we should do the derbies 50/50, would be great. 50% Eagles and Dockers, then the next derby other way round.

I suppose the problem is that seated memberships would not get their regular seats so would be very difficult to get past said members.

Pfft, imagine a Showdown with 50/50.

Might be some legit fights.

A 3rd derby with allotted membership sales.

First Derby is Dockers members with seats on southside, Eagles members with seats on northside.
Flip for the second Derby.
Members still get a seat guaranteed for one Derby but crowd is more equally divided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back