Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I like to think our mini fightback on Saturday cost Geelong a home QF.

Saying that... I reckon Cats will be pretty keen to avoid a semi final in neutral territory v Haw or Bull.

Makes for a good Port v Geel QF... Hopefully can get tix

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Concussion protocols could bite.

Reckon if we have to have this bullshit week off, the break should be long enough for all teams to pass the enforced concussion break.

Yeah fair call on this but a bit of a logistical nightmare given the r23 fixturing - some games with finals bound teams will inevitably have to get played on R23 sunday. Also they schedule the last round like 5 rounds out where they really still have no idea what games will actually affect finals, the AFL got incredibly lucky with how climactic the last couple of games were.

I know some people hate the Thursday night fixtures but its probably better than the sunday games giving teams a much shorter turnaround to the next round, I'd say most of the clubs agree this is the best way to go.

I don't know if there is science behind the 12 day concussion protocol - if that was reduced to 11 or 10 days would solve this problem, players would still have to miss a week but would be able to come back for this

Was hoping the Dockers win to keep Carlton out.
Then get beaten by Bris.

Meanwhile Haw v Foots will eliminate one Vic team.

Then that winner has to play Geel if they, hopefully, lose to Port. Then that’d be another Vic team eliminated.

And then there’s only one.

Oh how glorious to have two nonVic PFs.
The way the fixtures are, the loser of Hawks and Dogs could get to play Geelong at the Gee.
Imagine finishing 7th and having two home finals and only having to travel once.

b6gvsvlslskd1.jpeg

The memes almost write themselves.

Has anyone taken the piss out of Freo this morning?

The loser is in the DNA. Listened to a Freo fan, after they got bundled out, how Bolton will fix everything an they will go top 4 next season. Great player but I doubt he is the difference maker.

I always used to explain Freo as not able to do the business due to the dearth of KPF but now they have 2 guns in Treacy and Amiss with Jackson rotating through as well. Stacked midfield. Serviceable backs.

Good list. Maybe they should see if Ross Lyon is available to coach :straining: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone taken the piss out of Freo this morning?

The loser is in the DNA. Listened to a Freo fan, after they got bundled out, how Bolton will fix everything an they will go top 4 next season. Great player but I doubt he is the difference maker.

I always used to explain Freo as not able to do the business due to the dearth of KPF but now they have 2 guns in Treacy and Amiss with Jackson rotating through as well. Stacked midfield. Serviceable backs.

Good list. Maybe they should see if Ross Lyon is available to coach :straining: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
And they were trumpeting being finals bound this season - guaranteed they would've lost the first finals match. I guess the Flagmantle tatts will pay off one day?
Lots of knee jerk reactions on their board.
(but I do agree, mentioned elsewhere that the two W.A clubs should work together more for a combined improved outcome)

Last edited:
And they were trumpeting being finals bound this season - when you talk the talk, gotta walk the walk?
I guess the Flagmantle tatts will pay off one day?
They would've lost the first finals match anyway.
Can hang their hats on being 2nd on the ladder for a short time.
Lots of knee jerk reactions on their board.
(but I do agree, mentioned elsewhere that the two W.A clubs should work together more for a common improved outcome)

They only lost to 2 sides all season who missed the finals. Bombers (by a point) and us.

Now, I know they lost 4 in a row at the end, had a chance in the final game of the season in a win-and-you-are-in scenario etc etc. but I like to think it was the loss to us that cost them finals 🤣

The fact that Harley was a star in that match makes it a little sweeter also

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back