Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I called it. From the official AFL account no less. Classic Vic nonsense.

It’s not even correct. South Melbourne were the bloods until 1933, and Fitzroy were then known as The Maroons.

First Grand Final between Swans and Lions. Vics need to stop making it about themselves.

This is not Geelong's fault, but if you look at their last game of the season against West Coast, they were 100 points in front at half-time. It was a low-pressure, low-contested game." Fagan said

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

Well **** you too Fages!

Feel like the Swans will turn up thinking they’re gonna cruise to an easy flag, and the Lions will give them a punch in the nose.

They’ve got a point to prove after last year.

Swans have been hurting for 24 months after what happened in 2022 as well.

Both teams are hell-bent on redemption.

Has all the makings of a truly brutal contest, hopefully a classic.

Say Word Reaction GIF by Justin

Well **** you too Fages!

He has a point though - Geelong had played two matches in six weeks, with both of those matches low in contests and pressure - which is hardly an ideal preparation coming into a Preliminary Final.

At the least it seems to have worked internally in driving belief amongst his players against an opponent that had bullied the Lions multiple times in finals over recent years.

Hopefully it gets more attention in the media - if it starts to be framed as the reason why Geelong lost, you can bet the Eagles won't be finishing seasons at Kardinia Park anymore.

I see Chris Scott managed to mention every excuse he didn't want to use for the loss in his presser.

Also if we contributed in any way at all to Geelong's loss, be it not offering a contest or making King fly across the country I'd say good on us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whose coaching legacy has more to lose from the GF?

If you’re Longmire, another loss makes 1 win out of 5 GF appearances.

If you’re Fagan, 0/2 GF appearances and that glut of straight sets exits and chokes in past prelims comes back into focus?

Whose coaching legacy has more to lose from the GF?

If you’re Longmire, another loss makes 1 win out of 5 GF appearances.

If you’re Fagan, 0/2 GF appearances and that glut of straight sets exits and chokes in past prelims comes back into focus?
Longmire seems weirdly untouchable. Fagan would cop it worse.

Urgh, go back to '05, all the talk was "the bloods", "South Melbourne", longest premiership drought... It was nauseating

Too me, and a huge portion of the fan base, we only know the swans as Sydney, and although I have a few memories of Fitzroy, to me Brisbane are Brisbane and Fitzroy are no more.

Time to let it go Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back