Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"This young man, he's been given the licence to do the mercurial. Such an amazing player, so unique yet so familiar, makes the impossible appear easy, I bet his farts smell like roses!" - Luke Darcy when Lohmann is kicking a set shot from 20m out on a slight angle.
Haha he does get carried away, but i find it amusing.

Highly unfair that Peel can drop 11 Freo players into their team to win the flag. Pisses me off.
And yet with the Beagles, they put sandbags on us. Again, equality, fairness is non-existent.

To be fair most of those players have played the whole year at Peel

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Genuine question, not 'aving a laugh, but dose a delisted player like Matt Taberner still count as a listed player?

I would assume so, as he's is probably still considered on the Freo list for this season.

Dangerfield gets a fine for that tackle on mccluggage.

That would have been a week 2 months ago.

It would've been 2 weeks if it were anyone else.
I watched it happen and said to myself 'well there's someone who'll miss the GF if they make it... oh no they won't; it's Dangerfield. Fine at most'.

By contrast if it’d been Toby Green …
straight-to-jail-crime.gif

Lachie Neale has won 2 Brownlow medals. If he wins a third one tonight, where does that put him in terms of assessing him/ranking him for midfielders/players in modern footy or at least from 2000 onwards?

I mean yes he is a very very good player but I wouldn't have him ahead of Ablett Jnr, Martin, Judd, Dangerfield, Franklin.

Interested in your thoughts..

Lachie Neale has won 2 Brownlow medals. If he wins a third one tonight, where does that put him in terms of assessing him/ranking him for midfielders/players in modern footy or at least from 2000 onwards?

I mean yes he is a very very good player but I wouldn't have him ahead of Ablett Jnr, Martin, Judd, Dangerfield, Franklin.

Seems to play very similar to how Shuey did in his prime.

Ultra-consistent. Not an explosive match-winner like Judd, Danger and Martin were/are but probably more in the vein of Ablett Jnr.

Ablett just had a lot more competition for Brownlows when he was in his prime.

I watched it happen and said to myself 'well there's someone who'll miss the GF if they make it... oh no they won't; it's Dangerfield. Fine at most'.
I was very surprised that he wasn't suspended after Geelong lost since it's the easy decision and no-one will care that he misses the start of next season. For sure it would've been only a fine if they'd won.

Youd take all those you mentioned ahead of neale in their prime.

Genuine question, not 'aving a laugh, but dose a delisted player like Matt Taberner still count as a listed player?

I would assume so, as he's is probably still considered on the Freo list for this season.

Unless it's an extreme situation where a player gets sacked like a Tarryn Thomas, they will still be considered to be part of the list until the conclusion of the full season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he lacks a bit of hurt factor and can go missing in finals. Saturday was the first time I've seen him impose himself on a final and it was mainly in the second half, even then he's not a huge goal kicker.

He's more that consistent accumulator with reliable disposal. Not what you call a superstar by any means but a great player nonetheless.

Dangerfield is a little overrated imo

He is a match winner in multiple positions, but feel like that size and versatility can be detrimental to the team’s continuity to an extent, and I like Neale’s plug and play midfield accumulator role

Maybe it’s just his personality and the fact he plays for Geelong that makes me think this

He is a match winner in multiple positions, but feel like that size and versatility can be detrimental to the team’s continuity to an extent, and I like Neale’s plug and play midfield accumulator role

Maybe it’s just his personality and the fact he plays for Geelong that makes me think this
And the fact his kicking is putrid.

Does some flashy plays but there's been far better players than him during his time in the league.

He is a massive douche, that part cannot be argued. Guarantee he posts on ratemypoo.com

I think he lacks a bit of hurt factor and can go missing in finals. Saturday was the first time I've seen him impose himself on a final and it was mainly in the second half, even then he's not a huge goal kicker.

He's more that consistent accumulator with reliable disposal. Not what you call a superstar by any means but a great player nonetheless.
Neale probably ranks along priddis in terms of brownlow winners.

Taberner will be considered a listed player until I would assume next Monday when everything is concluded, then he can go sign and be a depth player over east or kick bags in the WAFL next year, whatever he decides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back