Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Daisy Thomas is an absolute potato, who gave him a hosting/commentating job?
Only explanation I can think of is that channel 7 had a heap of gear with Daisy embroidered on it, not realising she was going to get poached by the WC AFLW side. So they thought they’d try and make use of it still

peter ryan

@petryan
·
1m

Brandan Parfitt and Gary Rohan among seven delistings announced at Cats, with Tom Hawkins, Zach Tuohy retiring and Mitch Hardie, Emerson Jeka, Phoenix Foster, Oscar Murdoch and James Willis delisted. None of those five played a senior match with Geelong.

Parffitt delisted.

Second rounder?
Having read the Bailey Smith thread on the Drafts board, I believe Geelong gets to decide on the price of trading players, the other teams don't get a choice. So, a first rounder is expected, but we will need to wait on Geelong, otherwise they will walk him to the draft or something of that nature.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Highly unfair that Peel can drop 11 Freo players into their team to win the flag. Pisses me off.
And yet with the Beagles, they put sandbags on us. Again, equality, fairness is non-existent.
1st off I am only gonna do 2 posts on this thread before the Eagles mods get their attack dogs on me or Ban me on this Board. LOL

One about Peel and the other about the 2024 AFL grand final.

Ok your post got my interest So...

Since Peel had their deal with the dockers that started from the end of 2013 or early 2014, Peel has won 3 flags which was 2016, 2017 and 2024. Key word here is Moderation.

Peels 2016 WAFL premiership side that beat Subiaco was interesting. Of those 22 Peel players, 17 of those Blokes were dockers listed Players. WAFL kicked up a Stink about it and rightfully so. I thought it was unfair.

In 2017, Peel won again. This time it was 14 out of 22 peel players that were Dockers. Zac Dawson was one of them.

In 2023, Peel played in a Grand final and got belted by east freo. 11 of those 22 blokes were dockers listed players.

In 2024, Peel played in the grand final and beaten East Perth. 11 of those 22 blokes were dockers listed players.

West Coast in the WAFL has to choose 22 Eagles players. Maximum of 15 AFL listed eagles players. The rest are either Father-son picks, Next Generation academy players, top ups or amateurs or WAFL state league players that havent played WAFL in 24 months.

I see what you are trying to Say here. Eagles WAFL side is shackled with restrictions. If the eagles have a Full list or close to it, then he WAFL club is competitive.

If the AFL eagles are injury Ravaged like in 2022 or 2023, we see the flow on effect as it hurts the Eagles WAFL side as they replaced their injured AFL players with amateurs.

Eagles could try and link themselves with one of the WAFL clubs, but that wont end well. And Eagles linking with a WAFL club lets the WAFL goe down to 9 sides.

So.... whats the General view on the AFL grand final on ths eagles board?

Any of you are siding with a Club to win or Dont care either way as the cup is leaving Victoria regardless.

A shout out to matthew_s . The Vic Bias thread was a bit tedious. Trying to Argue with some of the Victorians, most notably those Collingwood posters which I wont mention, was a waste of time and Energy.

I hoped for 2 non vic sides to make the grand final. I originally Predicted a Port vs GWS or Sydney Grand final. Port Losing to the cats threw an unexpected wrench on the finals series.

Then Brisbane pulled off an unlikey win vs the Cats in the Prelim final and we now have a Sydney vs Brisbane Grand final.

It seems it has gone by a 6 year theory I think.

2006: Eagles beat Sydney
2012: Sydney Beat Hawthorn
2018: eagles beat magpies
2024: Sydney Vs Brisbane
2030: could be anything. Eagles vs a non vic club?

I am not fussed either way.

Swans win, the premiership cup travels 713 km from the MCG to the Sydney CBD
Lions win, the premiership cup travels 1,374 km from the MCG to Brisbane CBD.

ep2018 , I agree with your thoughts. I am not fussed who wins this Saturday.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back