Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth->Melb round trip 7.75 hrs flight time
Adelaide ->Melb round trip 3 hrs flight time
Brisbane ->Melb round trip 5 hrs flight time

For let's just say 7 games a year in Melb, that's more or less 20 additional hrs travel, almost a whole day lost to travel, compared to what Brisbane do.

In the age of the hyper professional AFL where clubs are trying to exploit fringe areas of sports science to extract just a fraction of a percentage advantage on other clubs, we are starting from a mile behind. If we do everything exactly the same as say a top Vic or Qld club, we will still be at disadvantage by a measurable percentage.

Yes we have no control over geography, but we should be able to receive assistance from the AFL to minimise the affect.
I thought the post I replied to, was mostly about losing kids back to Victoria.

I honestly don’t want to get in to a competition about which teams have it harder when competing against Victoria.

Almost all non Victorian teams have gone through periods of losing significant numbers of players to footballing States.

Interesting what Paul Roos said about Hawthorn trading pick 14 early . ....

“It stains them with the managers. This is what people don’t understand. If Hawthorn don’t do the deal for Barrass, let me tell you, the next time a Hawthorn person rings up (to discuss) a player who’s contracted, let me tell you what the discussion is going to be: ‘Not interested’.

Nice one Roosy…….Hawks in contention and happy to pay the money/length of Contract wanted for someone clearly open to moving there, but for apparently, the previous Barrass move falling over.

So player X says no thanks?

We literally have every single chip stacked against us.

I know! I can't believe they made our AFLW team play against the good sides! 🙄

Ok, I'm being a little facetious here. No disrespect intended (and I enjoy your insightful posts).

But it sounds like you are burnt out and ready for retirement. Thanks for your service to the club. 👍

I’m sure this is totally legit and has been thoroughly reviewed by the AFL to ensure there’s no shenanigans going on to work around the soft cap

Nothing to see here at all

Not a thing

Hey, look over there ……

I’m sure this is totally legit and has been thoroughly reviewed by the AFL to ensure there’s no shenanigans going on to work around the soft cap

Not a thing

Hey, look over there ……

Seems dodgy at first but then again WC helped Simmo gain 2 HJ's ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a thing

Hey, look over there ……

Genuine question...how does the Hungry Jack's franchise situation work with our coaches?

Is it viewed with a similar level of cynicism?

Edit: just saw above posts regarding this. I doubt Simmo would've bought those HJ's franchises for the exact same price as other people who were not the head coach of West Coast. It would be disingenuous or naive to suggest that.

Last edited:
Genuine question...how does the Hungry Jack's franchise situation work with our coaches?

Is it viewed with a similar level of cynicism?
Similar question: e.g. if a wealthy WCE supporter said to Harley ‘I’m building a block of units, I’m prepared to give you five to stay with the club.’
Is that legit? Is it included anywhere in TPP etc?

Similar question: e.g. if a wealthy WCE supporter said to Harley ‘I’m building a block of units, I’m prepared to give you five to stay with the club.’
Is that legit? Is it included anywhere in TPP etc?
There is no doubt this should happen. We have enough wealthy supporters, I only hope they have considered this themselves!

As the wealthiest club in the country, or at least up there with Collingwood, we would be remiss not to take advantage of such salary and soft cap work-arounds.

The Victorian clubs are a parody

From that article

Carlton wants to give the AFL’s blockbuster Opening Round a miss next season to avoid a road-heavy schedule in the early part of next year.

And

The Blues are already slated to play away games in Round 1 (Richmond), Round 5 (Gather Round) and Round 6 for Good Friday (North Melbourne) and want to steer clear of another trip away to New South Wales or Queensland for the Opening Round on March 6-8.

Away games against Richmond and North are somehow part of a road heavy schedule

**** me sideways

The Victorian clubs are a parody

From that article

And

Away games against Richmond and North are somehow part of a road heavy schedule

**** me sideways

This seems excessive until you realise the AFL are refusing to allocate Carlton even 1 business class seat for travelling to the Richmond and North games. Disgraceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back