Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we won’t be luring Shai Bolton home anytime soon. Just signed a 5 year extension with Richmond.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Looks like we won’t be luring Shai Bolton home anytime soon. Just signed a 5 year extension with Richmond.

Good for him. Honestly I like this more than heaps of player movement but I admit to being old fashioned that way.

I'll keep that view until Logan Mac at the Swans thinks about coming home to Perth anyway.

Yeah you’re probably right, he’d struggle to break into our forward line hey 😉

Not at all. The guy is a jet but he is primarily a midfielder and not really a requirement.

Now if Brayshaw or Serong decided to leave and wanted to go to Richmond I'd be all aboard. The cost to bring him in currently would be ridiculous on both salary and cap space.

Our midfield is set, we really need forwards.

Not at all. The guy is a jet but he is primarily a midfielder and not really a requirement.

Now if Brayshaw or Serong decided to leave and wanted to go to Richmond I'd be all aboard. The cost to bring him in currently would be ridiculous on both salary and cap space.

Our midfield is set, we really need forwards.

Richmond fans I know say his best work is as a forward who has drifted in from the midfield. I agree we are pretty set as a mid group, but I think he would have not only added something we don't have currently in our mids but he'd add a lot to the forward group too. They were smart to sign him early. He'd add to any team, including ours. Won't matter now though as he's staying. Although at 28 and as a FA he'll be of interest to both WA teams again I'm sure. He'd still have something to offer too. Maybe he can help us win our 3rd flag when his FA time comes around.

I know we all hate West Coast but honestly, the media are talking about a 10 win season yet I can't see any hope for improvement outside of Allen coming back - and that's to replace Kennedy which at the very best is a break even. Most of the rest of their best players are a year older and well and truly on the downhill part of their careers.
Am I missing something? Is Chesser going to walk in and win the brownlow or something?

I know we all hate West Coast but honestly, the media are talking about a 10 win season yet I can't see any hope for improvement outside of Allen coming back - and that's to replace Kennedy which at the very best is a break even. Most of the rest of their best players are a year older and well and truly on the downhill part of their careers.
Am I missing something? Is Chesser going to walk in and win the brownlow or something?

Big Match Jack™'s cooker relatives have worked out the perfect combination of homeopathy and bikie-cut Kalgoorlie cocaine.

Sumich was the person being quoted so it's just filling space on a quite news day really. With Summa's coaching background he will be recommending nothing more than a little "tweak" here and there and all will be well.

They are likely to have a better injury run and also less likely to get covid smashed. That is probably worth a few games all else equal.

I guess it depends on how much their top end has fallen off and how many kids they play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are likely to have a better injury run and also less likely to get covid smashed. That is probably worth a few games all else equal.

I guess it depends on how much their top end has fallen off and how many kids they play.
Kids & old timers are notorious for injuries. Nothing is going to change for them and it’ll be years of injuries till they retire a lot of them and the kids get bigger bodies. Covid was a 3 week issue they lent on for 23 weeks.

They are going to be woeful again.

Each seat at the new Tasmania stadium is going to cost approx $32,500.
It’s sounds insane, because it is.
$750m for a 23,000 seat stadium? WTF

Doesn’t sound too bad when you compare it to a stupid footbridge that’s supposedly going to cost $100m ?

Also without Redden who was one of their good mids.

Perth Stadium was just under $27,000 per seat.

Makes you want to see an itemised breakdown of the expenses doesn't it. Particularly all the variations.

From what I have been told, Perth arena was so much more expensive because the initial design only had a few parking spots and they signed the contracts prior to adding on way more parking.

I suspect plenty of government funding projects do that because it certainly happens privately

Serious question - do ya reckon Suma's future coaching prospects were harmed by the Kath Loughnan interview?
Surely clubs have seen the interview and it would be hard to take seriously in any coaching capacity.

Are they still planning to build the Tassie stadium with a retractable roof? If so that could add a fair bit to the cost per seat, I would imagine.

Serious question - do ya reckon Suma's future coaching prospects were harmed by the Kath Loughnan interview?
Surely clubs have seen the interview and it would be hard to take seriously in any coaching capacity.
I think if you're that incompetent, then it was probably known to clubs a long time before the interview. Suspect it had no influence for that reason.

Kids & old timers are notorious for injuries. Nothing is going to change for them and it’ll be years of injuries till they retire a lot of them and the kids get bigger bodies. Covid was a 3 week issue they lent on for 23 weeks.

They are going to be woeful again.

I'm not convinced that they will be anywhere near as bad next season.

If ... and that being the key...IF they can keep their core fit, then they will win a few. I can see a dead cat bounce up the ladder to 11th or 12th.

From what I’ve heard (hearsay at best I might add) I reckon his Freo interview might have already sealed his fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back