Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very 2011 vibes on the board this year. Just like then when it turns around all the naysayers will just go quiet for a few years rather than doing the right thing and deleting their account.
I ain't going anywhere. I'll be riding the waves brother.

I think Collingwood may actually have lost their mojo tonight. They have been flying for so long & looked like a team that believed they could win anything from anywhere.
That all just fell apart tonight, you could see it happening before our eyes just like when Carlton came to life in one quarter a few weeks back.
I said to my partner a few minutes into the 3rd quarter, Pies are gone. As soon as they started missing their whole confidence as a team just disintegrated. It can happen that quickly.
Now we get to see if it was an aberration. I have a funny feeling they might have dropped their bundle tonight.

Few mates that are supporters of other clubs are now feeling sorry for us.
That’s how irrelevant Fremantle have become.
We aren’t seen as a serious organisation in the league and could you blame them?
The Acres decision is so so bad.
Third round for a 26 year old just off his career best season, arguably the best player in the finals for Fremantle.
Bell can get ****ed for that.
Carlton on the up, 9th whilst Fremantle 5th. Here have a mature player to fit the wing. Whilst we crash and burn with an absolutely overrated hack in Henry.

The Acres decision is so so bad.
Third round for a 26 year old just off his career best season, arguably the best player in the finals for Fremantle.
Bell can get ****ed for that.
Carlton on the up, 9th whilst Fremantle 5th. Here have a mature player to fit the wing. Whilst we crash and burn with an absolutely overrated hack in Henry.
Don’t forget they forced our hand to pay top dollar for Henry.

And got Motlop after we had him in the academy.

And Cerra with 3 years careful development ready to play as a full time inside mid.

Am I forgetting anything else we have to thank them for?

Don’t forget they forced our hand to pay top dollar for Henry.

And got Motlop after we had him in the academy.

And Cerra with 3 years careful development ready to play as a full time inside mid.

Am I forgetting anything else we have to thank them for?
It’s the players we are being drained of that is such a killer.

18-23 year olds aren’t worth Jack shit in this league when the business end of things comes around.
You need a core of 26 to 32 year olds, hardened physical bodies that can be relied on to deliver week in week out.
A full scale rebuild nowadays takes 10 years I reckon to see the peak of the results

Last edited:
Wasn't the rumour that overall Acres could have earned more money by staying, but essentially he (or more likely Young / McDougall in his ear) didn't back him to hit the performance bonuses?

Plus he never wanted to come back to Perth, and it isn't that long ago that Carlton fans were up in arms about how putrid he was with his NFL kicker rainmakers.

He had one good season with us, got offered the chance to prove he could repeat it and baulked is how I see it.

Few mates that are supporters of other clubs are now feeling sorry for us.
That’s how irrelevant Fremantle have become.
We aren’t seen as a serious organisation in the league and could you blame them?

We pretty much always have been. Except for a very brief period in 2013 we've never really been on the radar. And that's why the club are currently trying to put a list together that'll give us sustained success not just another brief shot at a flag.
Look at our age profile, we're tracking to be at the top end in 2025 with a relatively young list so we continue to improve and remain strong for many years and then become a respected organisation. Can you not see that?

We pretty much always have been. Except for a very brief period in 2013 we've never really been on the radar. And that's why the club are currently trying to put a list together that'll give us sustained success not just another brief shot at a flag.
Look at our age profile, we're tracking to be at the top end in 2025 with a relatively young list so we continue to improve and remain strong for many years and then become a respected organisation. Can you not see that?
Can absolutely see that but if we put in many more performances next year like some of the sh*t we dished up this year the players are going to start looking elsewhere.
Why wouldn’t they ?
Acres and Cerra playing in front of 90,000 people and likely to play finals .
Neale and Langdon - finals and premiership

Of course there are cases against , like Weller , Tucker and Logue in the short term but they are in building teams .

I think Collingwood may actually have lost their mojo tonight. They have been flying for so long & looked like a team that believed they could win anything from anywhere.
That all just fell apart tonight, you could see it happening before our eyes just like when Carlton came to life in one quarter a few weeks back.
I said to my partner a few minutes into the 3rd quarter, Pies are gone. As soon as they started missing their whole confidence as a team just disintegrated. It can happen that quickly.
Now we get to see if it was an aberration. I have a funny feeling they might have dropped their bundle tonight.
They got beaten last night but it's probably a loss they needed. A bit to much arrogance had crept into the team and they needed a reality check. Still think they are the team to beat this year . These teams are very good in the skills department, frightening how far off we are in that area.

They got beaten last night but it's probably a loss they needed. A bit to much arrogance had crept into the team and they needed a reality check. Still think they are the team to beat this year . These teams are very good in the skills department, frightening how far off we are in that area.
Not to mention the tough game last week against port that would have used a few tickets.

Should have seen it coming in hindsight. But f* me if I despise tipping Carlton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine how sweet the bath water in Carlton tastes this morning
angry clint eastwood GIF

I had that moment at 7.40pm
Texted to a Blues friend.
About 1.23 on the replay.
Fell apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back