Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing new in this but looking at what we will do in trade period. Once we know Kosi is definitely off the table I reckon we will trade pick 10 and 18 for Bolton and hopefully Richmond will pay half his salary. Then we will trade pick 11 for Melbourne’s Future first and this years pick 28. That will give us 2 first rounders next year for Warner and hopefully salary space. Then that will leave us with 28 & 30 and some late picks to take to this draft which Cal Twomey says is super deep with players picked at 40 he reckons would have gone at 20 in previous drafts. If so I reckon you don’t need super high picks in this draft just enough picks under 35. I would be happy with getting Bolton and some salary cap space plus an extra first round next year and still have two picks below 35 to take to this super deep draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when is being a good person and winning premierships mutually exclusive?
I wouldn't say it mutually exclusive, but at the end of the day it's professional sport and it's a business. Generally in both if you can find a way to get a leg-up on the opposition you do it. If that means being ruthless at the trade table so be it. Geelong do it because they can, you know, farms etc.

Luckless Brisbane Lions youngster Kalin Lane, who hails from the Great Southern, has been informed his contract will not be renewed for next season.

After being selected with the Lions’ pick No.14 in the AFL mid-season rookie draft in 2021, the Denmark-Walpole junior showed a lot of promise playing 52 matches for the Lions’ VFL side.

Luckless Brisbane Lions youngster Kalin Lane, who hails from the Great Southern, has been informed his contract will not be renewed for next season.

After being selected with the Lions’ pick No.14 in the AFL mid-season rookie draft in 2021, the Denmark-Walpole junior showed a lot of promise playing 52 matches for the Lions’ VFL side.
Yeh bummed for Kalin
Kids had a rotten run of luck

Broke both his legs when he was about 15
Came back from that , sat on Brissiez list for a couple of years and then did his ACL

Will be interesting to see if anyone else is interested, very athletic for his size and super competitive

Yeh bummed for Kalin
Kids had a rotten run of luck

Broke both his legs when he was about 15
Came back from that , sat on Brissiez list for a couple of years and then did his ACL

Will be interesting to see if anyone else is interested, very athletic for his size and super competitive

Seems like the type that is added to a clubs list through the MSD, DFA or SSP a year or so after he’s delisted tbh.

I mean he’s a ruck and four clubs have given Tom Campbell an opportunity FFS.

Wouldn’t even be surprised if it’s us in next season’s MSD if we delist Knobel this year and Reidy doesn’t look like staying on for whatever reason in 2026. I think our turnover will be higher next year tbh so a MSD pick could actually be on the cards, especially if Warner is looking likely at that point.

Key forward from a WA team comparison?

Plus jack antivax darling is a en ****
OK, I'll bite. Of all the things you could hang shit on Jack for, the fact he refused to be jabbed with an experimental drug while all the sheep just went along with it unquestioned is one of the few things (maybe the only haha) I admire about the guy. Same goes for Liam Jones. At least they and other sports people like Djokovic don't have to worry about myocarditis and other MRNA related injuries.

OK, I'll bite. Of all the things you could hang shit on Jack for, the fact he refused to be jabbed with an experimental drug while all the sheep just went along with it unquestioned is one of the few things (maybe the only haha) I admire about the guy. Same goes for Liam Jones. At least they and other sports people like Djokovic don't have to worry about myocarditis and other MRNA related injuries.
You realise you called virtually everyone reading this sheep as well right? You know, the ones who also went along with it unquestioningly and had the expimental drug as well?

I had no adverse affects except for a layer of wool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back