Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that the right to freedom of speech?

Isn't the AFL an organisation that is free to set it's own code of conduct for employees with set punishments for breeches of that code. Employees are free to leave if they don't agree with that code. It's all freedom isn't it?
I guess that depends on whether you count a mad monday celebration as a work event or a private gathering?

If AFL players are wearing inappropriate costumes out onto the field or to public events, then yeah they're free to throw the book at them.

I know a bloke who is gunning for a job there and has literally left all footy chats to be safe in applying for a job. If there are people who work at clubs posting on BF they are absolutely not actually publicly saying they are working for the club. They would be fired the second someone found out. Guy is absolutely Phil of crap.
FIFY

I know a bloke who is gunning for a job there and has literally left all footy chats to be safe in applying for a job. If there are people who work at clubs posting on BF they are absolutely not actually publicly saying they are working for the club. They would be fired the second someone found out. Guy is absolutely full of crap.
Maybe they're legit but just very stupid

Just can’t believe we have no death ride next year.

Can we join gold coasts? (Pies and power).

Can jump on the Carlton death spiral with the hawks I guess.
You could reverse death ride Hawthorn so West Coasts picks turn out shite.

Would mean actively barracking for Hawthorn though, not sure that's possible.

My only comment on the GWS situaiton of fines etc by AFL is

Who paid for the event?
Was it paod for by GWS as a team event ? or was it privatly orgnsied by the players with no association with the club?

If it is paid for or setup by the club, then as AFL players they need to uphold the standards of thier employers as we all would have to do at any Corporate event.

If it was jsut the player in their own time and own resources then the AFL should not be fining them , they can commnet and say it inappropiate, but if it not associated with work then AFL should keep out of it.

The other thing of course was this event HIRED stff to serve them drinks etc. maybe food. provide the music etc. So again. when choosing what we do in front of those employees it is different to doing it in front of your mates in your own house with no staff.

But with all things in life, I always try to think, would the JOKE or ANTICS i doing be acceptable to my Family.

Still doesnt mean it will be acceptable to all, but at least i know family will by ok when they find out.

I don’t think the AFL should be handing out fines for what happens in an offseason party in a private room, but mate, if you think it’s funny to dress up like the twin towers, which represents thousands of people who died, and someone pretending to rape a blow up doll is amusing to you then it says more about you than the AFL.

Rape is never funny. Terroist attacks and mass deaths are never funny.

I don’t normally get all serious here but your comment cannot be condoned. Disagree that AFL shouldn’t fine them (with which I would agree) because it ain’t their business as to what happens in a private party, but don’t insinuate that fines shouldn’t dished out because they were “just having fun”.

I think there's a big difference between a premeditated plan to come dressed as someone compared to a momentary lapse in judgement with a risque joke.

The Jarryd Hayne bit i don't understand were they trying to be recognized more here in Sydney by pretending to be him.

It beats me what were they wearing though a 49ers Jersey with his name on the back or a Parramatta Eels jersey.

In saying that the AFL have to be careful Jarryd Hayne won an an appeal on his conviction.

So technically while serving time on 2 different occasions the conviction has been dropped.

Whatever you think of the case he by the letter of the law had his rape charge quashed and is not considered a rapist anymore.
Was just going to say , if it’s in relation to the Hayne saga (sounds like it is)
People realise his conviction was quashed yeah?

So by the letter of the law he’s
Actually not a rapist….

Or does that not actually matter?

Jarryd Hayne had his charges withdrawn this year. The court case had been around since 2018, 6 years.
Pretty sure he spent time in the Big House.
Probably not the best person to dress up as, but the bloke has been cleared as a rapist in Court.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets Go Start GIF

Eagles' board reads like its just a matter of when for Chad to them. Interesting.

I was told from a close source a few months back Chad was keen to get back in WA and in purple.
As mentioned a few times on here, it doesn’t really matter what picks we have competing again WC as he will be out of contract so Sydney will be negotiating with whichever club he chooses.
Where we may struggle is the WC will be able to offer a shyte load more cash than we can. As much as he wants to play here, if they’re offering millions more over the length of his contract then 🤷‍♂️.
WC may see this as their only chance of retaining Harley so they’ll go large on the Chad.
They will of course also have to go even larger on Reid to retain him.
Half their cap on two players would be a joy to watch ! (If we get Kozzie instead).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's dark humour, which I do enjoy (depressing comic week is a fave), and then there's things that condone terrible behaviour.

Have a look at this thread, puts a fair bit into context, which you may or may not agree with, but useful to see other things.

Yeah, we don't know all the details. But if even a small % at what is being hinted at occurred, best to stop it now yeah?

I hope you don’t believe this nonsense

Yeah but they were reported by someone. So unless it was someone who heard from someone else, the a person in the environment was offended.

As far as I see it

If a teammate or similar reported it. Then deal with it internally. GWS basically being an AFL owned and ran club does mean the AFL was probably always going to poke around, but it’s a GWS issue

If a bartender or someone similar reported it, then it’s a bit worse and the AFL does have to get involved.

It’s also worth noting that 17 other clubs have done a Mad Monday or similar and there’s been no issue. There hasn’t been a big issue from these parties in a while. So either GWS got really unlucky and got stuck with someone particularly sensitive or they have crossed a vague line as determined by society.
Wasn't there so can only speculate, but if it was a Sydney bartender, I would hazard that the info was shopped around a bit to the highest bidder.

The well-known players get fined, and the lesser known get suspensed

Colour me shocked

Hope they appeal it, though. Private function, just soft afl.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I stand by my original call that it is a bit snowflakey, but it obviously wasn't private enough.

I can see that they did try their goddamndest to keep it as private as possible but it still got away from them

They'll all be taking leafs out of Schwaggy's book and just having BBQs at somebody's house from now on. And even then, they'll wanna be keeping their voices down for fear of the neighbours hearing them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back