Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I see where North Melbourne are looking to sell games, maybe to either Fremantle or West Coast.
I thought that the AFL were against any Melbourne based team selling games tofootball states, such as WA and SA.
I will be interested to see if it actually happens.

Maybe someone was pressing his pressure points and he felt threatened?

Imagine giving an 8 year old an Apple watch and then giving them an Esim card on top!!. Dumb parents of the year award.

The only time i would give a kid that old that type of equipment is if they need to be contactable due to something like a severe anaphylaxis or similar

I see where North Melbourne are looking to sell games, maybe to either Fremantle or West Coast.
I thought that the AFL were against any Melbourne based team selling games tofootball states, such as WA and SA.
I will be interested to see if it actually happens.
Wouldn't Tasmania make up about half the sold games (between North and Hawthorn)? It's a pretty big gap and I'm not sure what else is there to replace it.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if Canberra is Team 20 either tbh - the silence on Team 20 when the Canberra deal expires much later than the Tasmania ones is somewhat suspicious IMO.

Wouldn't Tasmania make up about half the sold games (between North and Hawthorn)? It's a pretty big gap and I'm not sure what else is there to replace it.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if Canberra is Team 20 either tbh - the silence on Team 20 when the Canberra deal expires much later than the Tasmania ones is somewhat suspicious IMO.
Yep,
While I think the WA team will smash it from a money point of view, Canberra will give the AFL fortnightly access to Federal politicians to attend games. They will see this as much more important that the WA market or reducing travel for our clubs.

The only issue is the GWS deal for 3 games there and it goes to 2032. GWS needs that cash so unless they start selling home games to WA, they have to replace it.

Letting North sell their games to us also quasi solves a few issues for us in the short term so it could pave the way for Canberra. Maybe the AFL will try and relocate North as WA3 & introduce Canberra at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love Carlton

BLUES WANT TO GIVE OPENING ROUND A MISS

Carlton wants to give Opening Round a miss next year, according to reports.

According to the Herald Sun’s Jay Clark, the Blues are hoping to avoid a road-heavy schedule in the early part of next year which is part of the reason why they have told the league they would prefer to start their 2025 season in the traditional season-opener against Richmond at the MCG.

Nine’s Tom Morris reports the Blues also want six MCG home games in 2025, not five.

The round one clash between the Tigers and Blues will be a Richmond home game in 2025, with the Tigers set to unleash a plethora of exciting youngsters as a new era under Adem Yze begins.

Gotta love Carlton

BLUES WANT TO GIVE OPENING ROUND A MISS

Carlton wants to give Opening Round a miss next year, according to reports.

According to the Herald Sun’s Jay Clark, the Blues are hoping to avoid a road-heavy schedule in the early part of next year which is part of the reason why they have told the league they would prefer to start their 2025 season in the traditional season-opener against Richmond at the MCG.

Nine’s Tom Morris reports the Blues also want six MCG home games in 2025, not five.

The round one clash between the Tigers and Blues will be a Richmond home game in 2025, with the Tigers set to unleash a plethora of exciting youngsters as a new era under Adem Yze begins.
That's funny - give us the easiest possible round 1 game, please, we beg you!

Yeah, lots of travel early increases the rolling fatigue load. Your squad might will be able to push off that fatigue a little bit each week but it's cumulative and it will get them by the time their week off finally comes around.

If you have a choice between five travel weeks at the start of the year or five at the end of the year, you'll take the later ones so you are better able to work the rest of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024 Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back