Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee whizz, I think Schmooooooky might just have gotten a little caught up in his own hyperbole this week:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1146443/roo-beauty-north-hangs-on-to-down-wayward-eagles

"The Roos took advantage of a lacklustre and wayward Eagles outfit that seemed rudderless without 19-year-old spiritual leader Harley Reid as he serves a two-match suspension."
What the heck???
"Spiritual leader"??
Of an AFL club at 19 years old? Goodness me, what does that say about the rest of the club's players and their leadership (or lack thereof)...

Leader in dummy spits maybe.

Gee whizz, I think Schmooooooky might just have gotten a little caught up in his own hyperbole this week:

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1146443/roo-beauty-north-hangs-on-to-down-wayward-eagles

"The Roos took advantage of a lacklustre and wayward Eagles outfit that seemed rudderless without 19-year-old spiritual leader Harley Reid as he serves a two-match suspension."
What the heck???
"Spiritual leader"??
Of an AFL club at 19 years old? Goodness me, what does that say about the rest of the club's players and their leadership (or lack thereof)...

Eagles kick straight and its over...they let themselves down.

Eagles kick straight and its over...they let themselves down.
Indeed the Toasters kick just a little better from set shots and that game is done early.

Eagles also show a remarkable aversion to tackling, and a remarkable affinity for turnovers.
It is like their training and coaching program gets the two T stats mixed up.

On a night where their opposition had way more of the ball, for much more of the game, they just didn't tackle.
Yeo had 13 tackles, after that Ginbey 7, Jones and Cripps 5 each, and Witherden 4.
15 Eagles had 2 or fewer tackles.

By contrast Norf had only 7 players with 2 or less tackles, and 9 with 5 or more.

At the same time Jai Culley had 7 turnovers, Gaff, Chesser and Barras had 5 each, and Williams, McGovern and Darling had 4 each. Just amazing stats.

If most of your players don't tackle, and most of your players miss kicks at goal, and most of your players turn the ball over - you lose. Regardless of the umpies.

Indeed the Toasters kick just a little better from set shots and that game is done early.

Eagles also show a remarkable aversion to tackling, and a remarkable affinity for turnovers.
It is like their training and coaching program gets the two T stats mixed up.

On a night where their opposition had way more of the ball, for much more of the game, they just didn't tackle.
Yeo had 13 tackles, after that Ginbey 7, Jones and Cripps 5 each, and Witherden 4.
15 Eagles had 2 or fewer tackles.

By contrast Norf had only 7 players with 2 or less tackles, and 9 with 5 or more.

At the same time Jai Culley had 7 turnovers, Gaff, Chesser and Barras had 5 each, and Williams, McGovern and Darling had 4 each. Just amazing stats.

If most of your players don't tackle, and most of your players miss kicks at goal, and most of your players turn the ball over - you lose. Regardless of the umpies.
The turnovers were horrific. They were lucky that Norf couldn't punish them they way a good team* could.

Last edited:
A text from an Eagle supporter mate.

“So when the ball was clearly out of bounds north got a goal and wasn't disallowed. Then Eagles kicked a goal, hey wait ball crossed the line point🤷

Clueless

What the heck???
"Spiritual leader"??

Leader in dummy spits?
Wait up...some serious competition there...
Elliot Yeo putting on massive sooks after the final siren.
Would not let it go.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A text from an Eagle supporter mate.

“So when the ball was clearly out of bounds north got a goal and wasn't disallowed. Then Eagles kicked a goal, hey wait ball crossed the line point🤷

Clueless
People not from WA just don't get what it's like to live a life surrounded by these people.

18.6.5 Free Kicks - Holding the Ball: Diving on Top of the Football
A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who dives on top of or drags
the football underneath their body and fails to immediately knock clear
or Correctly
Dispose of the football when Legally Tackled.

Watch the replay and you will see Yeo did drag the ball underneath his body.
It was actually a correct decision. The spirit of that law is to reduce stoppages.

I know I’m biased, but the Wet Toast seem to have the most clueless supporters… like, my aunt who barely knows what a handball is. Feels like everyone in Perth got on that bandwagon when they started and those who don’t even like sport just clung on.

Equivalent = Broncos supporters in Brisbane. Was stuck on a bus with a bunch of them once, all talking about League, and holy moly, I know significantly more about League than them, despite not even watching it (crap sport). Plus they were ultra racist 🤮

So glad to see Lyon far from our club. Has failed year after year with his depressing game style.

I couldnt get out of the house to watch this junk

To be fair to him the Saints have a shit list.

I know I’m biased, but the Wet Toast seem to have the most clueless supporters… like, my aunt who barely knows what a handball is. Feels like everyone in Perth got on that bandwagon when they started and those who don’t even like sport just clung on.

Equivalent = Broncos supporters in Brisbane. Was stuck on a bus with a bunch of them once, all talking about League, and holy moly, I know significantly more about League than them, despite not even watching it (crap sport). Plus they were ultra racist
It's not bias, they're a bunch of ****ing idiots.

Just sitting at one of their home games you can feel the lack of IQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back