Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The reason I think Sydney will be vulnerable in finals is their key forwards are quite poor. Their scoring power comes from their midfield, so they're beatable if you have the right plan and execute it.
it's hard to pick any team for the GF at the moment - it just takes some bad injuries (which can happen to anybody)

Bloody hell, Chad keeps increasing how much he is worth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

best Reid article yet

Money is not an issue for Yeo - know the family quite well, and I doubt he is worried about the cost of living. or the expense of moving. He even has a house in my street that he rents out. BUT, he is very close to his family (especially his mum) and that would be what would keep him in Perth, especially now he is also going to be a dad.
Frank Grimes Jnr on the way

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's unfortunate for the Eagles that one of their over thirty guys is going to be on the better part of a million bucks or more either with them or elsewhere while he is a key player in their side.

You would want some good medical evidence to pay Yeo anything close to a million.

The guy has played 70%+ ground time just 25 times out of the Eagles last 80 games (2021 onwards).
(we know Fyfe has struggled with injuries in recent years, Fyfe has 33 games 70%+ during that time).
Yeo's earlier years of quality contested marking has gone and he no longer kicks many goals as a midfielder (11 goals since 2020 ... and we knock Fyfe who has 18goals during that time).

Modern day Yeo has been valuable to West Coast because of his contested stoppage work with tackling and clearances. He mostly bombs that ball inside 50 quickly (high metres gained) to what has been an excellent West Coast forward line. That suits their game but would not work as well for other teams.

He'll see out his days at West Coast if other teams know where value is.

Rowbottom reminds me of Troy Cook

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back