Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I read today King comparing Gold Coast to Brisbane 2 years before they won their first of the threepeat? Does he think no-one can remember actual things that happened, or is he so sloppy he just remembers things that happened (right in front of him because was playing at the time) in whatever manner that suits him?

A reminder of Brisbane's lead in to the 2001 flag -

1996: Prelim final
1997: Elimination final
1998: Last
1999: Prelim final
2000: Semi final

So no David, Gold Coasts' never having made the finals, in fact having only finished as high as 12th twice, kind of makes them the opposite of Brisbane in 1999.
Seems to forget that a team called Fitzroy merged with them as well and although Fitzroy were a basket case they still bought in some seriously good players for free .
So nothing like the Gold Coast situation.

Seems to forget that a team called Fitzroy merged with them as well and although Fitzroy were a basket case they still bought in some seriously good players for free .
So nothing like the Gold Coast situation.
No, no.. wait..

Maybe he let slip the merger with norf 🤔

Didn't watch the Eagles game yesterday , But the melts from Eagles supporters about the decision that lost them the game is hilarious.
Because unless my Math is off the so called howler cost them 6 points
they lost by 9 So they still lose .... Or am I missing something?

Didn't watch the Eagles game yesterday , But the melts from Eagles supporters about the decision that lost them the game is hilarious.
Because unless my Math is off the so called howler cost them 6 points
they lost by 9 So they still lose .... Or am I missing something?
They were ahead, the dubious free kick gave Simpkin a shot on goal. If it had been a ball up, then there is no guarantee the ball goes back to the middle for the North clearance that resulted in the second goal that put North 9 up.

Numerous Facebook posts from acquaintances.
Can't watch the game anymore.
It's emotionally damaging the way the umpires change the rules every week.
It's been fun winning premierships but it's not worth it anymore.

Eagles fans have definitely not had enough heartbreaking losses due to contentious umpiring and it shows. They deserve a fair few more to get to our level. Call it character building.

Let’s be serious…you out Reid and Kelly back into that side and Norf lose the game by 8 goals.

They only had clearance wins…Reid and Kelly would’ve flipped that on its head.

Just look at the difference between, Wardlaw and McKercher, and Reid.

Reid is a T rex compared to those two..
A big head and short arms?

Let’s be serious…you out Reid and Kelly back into that side and Norf lose the game by 8 goals.

They only had clearance wins…Reid and Kelly would’ve flipped that on its head.

Just look at the difference between, Wardlaw and McKercher, and Reid.

Reid is a T rex compared to those two..
But one player?
Is the list that bad that without one player it can’t even beat the winless North Melbourne? One player that has only played 8 games.

West Coast only held on due to Barass and McGovern in the backline. North’s defence is so bad that any I50 was a threat

Fremantle loss Fyfe for many games over the years, yet has to persevere and move on.

Fremantle has more first rounders.
Only option is trade their top players, which they can’t because Gaff and Yeo are free agents.
Only one really is Barass.

Honestly. Would trade Reid for 3 first rounders and futures easily.
They ****ed their list management by going after Kelly. Honestly stupid
Heard that Adelaide was making overtures to Yeo, and seriously, if they’re offering him the big bucks he should take it. Great player, but far too fragile at this age; this is his last contract you’d think. Don’t know what Adelaide is thinking of course

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the coke fans twisting themselves in knots trying to suggest its not worth it for Yeo due to the relocation expenses. Hell renting out his own house he'd probably be in front renting one there let alone the exercise costing him money.
And as if the Crows wouldn't be seeing recruits like that all right through holding companies.

The only consideration is whatever the premium is worth the hassle.

Essendon vs Carlton today is an interesting game from our perspective. Of course we want the Blues to lose, but at some stage we need Essendon to lose a game or two. They are the only other team in the 8 that is sitting on uneven premiership points thanks to a draw. The only team that our percentage matters against.

Eagles fans have definitely not had enough heartbreaking losses due to contentious umpiring and it shows. They deserve a fair few more to get to our level. Call it character building.
other than the Yeo free kick, Norf were the ones getting robbed (especially for around the neck) - so many WCEs players were actually trying to play for frees (Ryan et al) and the commentators even called them out on it

Love the coke fans twisting themselves in knots trying to suggest its not worth it for Yeo due to the relocation expenses. Hell renting out his own house he'd probably be in front renting one there let alone the exercise costing him money.
And as if the Crows wouldn't be seeing recruits like that all right through holding companies.

The only consideration is whatever the premium is worth the hassle.
Money is not an issue for Yeo - know the family quite well, and I doubt he is worried about the cost of living. or the expense of moving. He even has a house in my street that he rents out. BUT, he is very close to his family (especially his mum) and that would be what would keep him in Perth, especially now he is also going to be a dad.

Money is not an issue for Yeo - know the family quite well, and I doubt he is worried about the cost of living. or the expense of moving. He even has a house in my street that he rents out. BUT, he is very close to his family (especially his mum) and that would be what would keep him in Perth, especially now he is also going to be a dad.
Mummas boy .. 🤣
So Colin Young is talking shit again.
So glad it's not 1 of our players this time. ,

Mummas boy .. 🤣
So Colin Young is talking shit again.
So glad it's not 1 of our players this time. ,
I would call him more respectful and loving than a "mumma's boy" - I hate to say it, but he is a beautiful person with an awesome family (just a shame about the club he plays for)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back