Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. And the board will see your contributions and give you a “best ever supporter” badge.

If we can’t post our opinions in here, why the **** does Bigfooty exist?
Hmm trying to figure out if bitching and moaning is an opinion. Can't really say that it is.

Hmm trying to figure out if bitching and moaning is an opinion. Can't really say that it is.
It’s my opinion that the loss against the Hawks was not inevitable. It was not “one we had to have”. It was not excusable. It was a huge missed opportunity.

But basically nothing separates 4th from 12th this year. Travel to Tas was probably enough to predict a Hawks win.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hate that the AFL sends us to Tasmania. I hate that teams like Pies have never gone there. But, it’s not like we can be surprised we get sent there any more. We should be prepared for it as a club, otherwise that’s just a bit negligent. So “travel to Tas” really, for a good team, should mean very little.

I would think they are the same intention, assuming next year takes the lessons from today.
But progress isn’t linear like that?

It’s an even field this year except for perhaps Sydney, who has shown some vulnerability of late. This year is almost set up to have a surprise premier. Why couldn’t/shouldn’t that be us?

Criticising the club for stuffing up a golden opportunity, acknowledging that the hawks are a good side and it was tough game, and seeing hope and growth for the future all aren’t mutually exclusive.

They shit the bed. Again. But they were also beaten.

It’s a game of footy. We all want to see success for this club, but it’s a game of footy

It’s my opinion that the loss against the Hawks was not inevitable. It was not “one we had to have”. It was not excusable. It was a huge missed opportunity.
OK that's great.

You're not really discussing anything though are you? You're just telling everyone how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is.

Like straight question, do you think people like the way you discuss things?

You act like a total ass. You provide zero room for discussing growth and improvement. Every thing is black and white, if we win, all is great, if we lose then our entire existence is shit and there is no happiness in the universe anymore. Such melodramatic overreaction are tiring to everyone else. Tbh I kinda feel sorry that you have to experience such wild swings in emotion, it must be exhausting.

Criticising the club for stuffing up a golden opportunity, acknowledging that the hawks are a good side and it was tough game, and seeing hope and growth for the future all aren’t mutually exclusive.

It’s a game of footy. We all want to see success for this club, but it’s a game of footy
Fair call. Can’t disagree with that!

Stop aCcePtinG meDiocriTy

OK that's great.

You're not really discussing anything though are you? You're just telling everyone how smart you are and how dumb everyone else is.

Like straight question, do you think people like the way you discuss things?

You act like a total ass. You provide zero room for discussing growth and improvement. Every thing is black and white, if we win, all is great, if we lose then our entire existence is shit and there is no happiness in the universe anymore. Such melodramatic overreaction are tiring to everyone else. Tbh I kinda feel sorry that you have to experience such wild swings in emotion, it must be exhausting.
That’s your opinion and I respect it.

But I’m not the type of person who is going to say my thoughts in a roundabout way just to placate others. If you want me to expand, just ask, it’s probably more productive than calling me names for the 50th time.

If you really can’t stand my comments, there is a block button.

I’ll defend Freo to a hilt on the main board, because bugger opposition supporters. But, and mods feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought this was a place we could discuss our true thoughts on the team and its current progress?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of top clubs shitting their pants this weekend - could've gone down to 7th but lowest we can go down is 5th. Unless Schofield is some miracle coach we could remain 4th if the Toast sink the Lions.

Either way to 4 is still in grasp - a cynical view would say we've stuffed up Top 2 but good teams drop games from time to time and lucky for us a few good teams have done exactly that alongside us.

Even if Lions win it's not a bad weekend of results for us - because Top 4 may still be ours to control.

A lot of top clubs shitting their pants this weekend - could've gone down to 7th but lowest we can go down is 5th. Unless Schofield is some miracle coach we could remain 4th if the Toast sink the Lions.

Either way to 4 is still in grasp - a cynical view would say we've stuffed up Top 2 but good teams drop games from time to time and lucky for us a few good teams have done exactly that alongside us.

Even if Lions win it's not a bad weekend of results for us - because Top 4 may still be ours to control.
Winning this week would have given us a bit of a buffer. I think realistically top 2 was going to be hard to maintain (looking at the fixture), but we’ve really put top 4 in jeopardy and in my opinion I don’t think we make it now. Our game against Geelong could be a genuine ladder shaper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back