Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t rate Cumberland at all.
I had a Richmond supporting neighbour who for a couple of years kept telling me that there was a young lad running around on the Sunshine Coast that Richmond had lined up. Something about a Richmond heavyweight had identified him and it was all organised that he would go to Richmond. He was going to be a star. The most talented kid anyone had ever seen etc. Now the neighbour was a bit sketchy about the details and didn't know the name of the player but seemed confident it would all go down, despite me reminding him that whoever this kid was he would most likely be in the Lions Academy. Sure enough Noah went to Richmond around this time. Interesting times indeed.

That was just about the softest marking contest free I've ever seen. Why don't the umps just let the players play.

The Tigers were really fired up for tonight.

Lose this and I'm tipping they're done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you look at the Tiges tonight Dusty's disposal has gone to crap and he keeps kicking it to the opposition. ( except for the junk time goal ) Prestia struggling. Cotchin doing cameos only.

Grimes is just done and cant get off the ground. They're a ruckman short and relying on geriatric Reiwoldt as a focal point.

They did an amazing job to be in front most of the game.

Bolton is an exceptional talent and doing things only the great ones do imo. But not often enough for where they're at.

Just a major irritation of mine.

Why don't they allow the goal ump to say he's not sure. And then let the vision decide.

Many times you can tell they don't know and they're forced to say I thought it was a goal, which they usually say when they don't know , and like tonight the vision is conclusive enough but not totally , so umpire's call. Goal umpires get caught out of position so often. Or so focused on going for the theatrics they forget what they're there for.

Just a major irritation of mine.

Why don't they allow the goal ump to say he's not sure. And then let the vision decide.

Many times you can tell they don't know and they're forced to say I thought it was a goal, which they usually say when they don't know , and like tonight the vision is conclusive enough but not totally , so umpire's call. Goal umpires get caught out of position so often. Or so focused on going for the theatrics they forget what they're there for.

A lot of the time the vision doesn’t show it so what do you do then?

I really don't know the answer to that.

But as far as I can tell I hardly see any times where the vision isn't reasonably conclusive.

Its the best system they have with the current tech they use. The only answer is continuing to upgrade the technology they have.

A lot of the time the vision doesn’t show it so what do you do then?
But overall how hard would it be to make major improvements to the vision at the main grounds ?

Technology these days allows professionals in all sorts of walks of life to make decisions on things a lot more complicated than working out where a footy has crossed the goal line.

Its the best system they have with the current tech they use. The only answer is continuing to upgrade the technology they have.
Your point is valid.

But if the goal ump doesn't know why is he forced to make a choice when you do have at least something that would be a bit more conclusive.

Having stood behind the goals for many years you used to see howlers every week. Home ground momentum was a big factor.

But overall how hard would it be to make major improvements to the vision at the main grounds ?

Technology these days allows professionals in all sorts of walks of life to make decisions on things a lot more complicated than working out where a footy has crossed the goal line.

They also have to balance the amount of technology they use against avoiding terribly lengthy delays while they CSI the footage. IDK where the balance sits or what options are available to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back