Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It has.

I lock myself in my room now for fear I might say something in company.

It's not my fault. It was my parents and their generation. They infiltrated my brain since before I could talk and unlike this very brave generation I was unable to see the world in its true light and think for myself.

But thankfully due to the very clear and independent thinkers of today that have been able to point out where I'm going wrong and call me out for my disgraceful ideas I'm in a period of quiet rehabilitation and will hopefully come out thinking the way they all do so I can go out again.

I'm slowly getting there. It's been such a supportive environment for backward thinking people like myself.

This reads as an inability to deal with the manufactured outrage industry. Click those links and absorb that media and join the never-ending outrage loop. Get outraged and then get outraged about the outrage. Those dollars aren't going to pour into your media moguls coffers by themselves.

You need to start getting with program, man. Or suffer the consequences of public admonishment and compulsory re-education.

I’m sure when players snort a line of coke in private they knew what they were doing was working and still proceeded so why don’t the AFL fine and suspend them when that behaviour is actually illegal?

Sorry but what the **** are you talking about?

Players have been suspended for being photographed with coke

Stop trying to shift the focus just because because you don't have a leg to stand on defending what they actually did

It has.

I lock myself in my room now for fear I might say something in company.

It's not my fault. It was my parents and their generation. They infiltrated my brain since before I could talk and unlike this very brave generation I was unable to see the world in its true light and think for myself.

But thankfully due to the very clear and independent thinkers of today that have been able to point out where I'm going wrong and call me out for my disgraceful ideas I'm in a period of quiet rehabilitation and will hopefully come out thinking the way they all do so I can go out again.

I'm slowly getting there. It's been such a supportive environment for backward thinking people like myself.

It's ok, you'll get there my friend. You are loved and we are here for you.

Stop trying to shift the focus just because because you don't have a leg to stand on defending what they actually did
Hey Nathan I haven't seen anyone defending what they did.

It was likely gross.

But hopefully they learn a lesson and get on with life with a better perspective , and those offended or whatever can forgive them.

Hey Nathan I haven't seen anyone defending what they did.

It was likely gross.

But hopefully they learn a lesson and get on with life with a better perspective , and those offended or whatever can forgive them.

Passing it off as woke or PC gone mad or labelling most people offended unnecessarily is defending it

Passing it off as woke or PC gone mad or labelling most people offended unnecessarily is defending it
Well sure. But there are opposite extreme's .

I see it's being investigated outside of the AFL now so perhaps we'll hear more.

The way players are recruited in this era means many of them are good at nothing else but playing footy and just don't have the maturity or smarts to deal with all the attention and adulation particularly from females. Sorry if that offends anyone but it's a fact. Perhaps the industry needs to do a lot more to give these young men a more realistic and balanced outlook on life. No one wants to see them doing what they've allegedly done here and a lot of it has to do with some warped thinking that they can walk on water imo. Aside from it being plain stupid.

But you have to learn from experience or be taught things in life and obviously not enough of that has occurred here. It was wrong but I'm not going to totally condemn them until I know the deeper reason as to why.

Let’s face it, the only reason why they have had suspensions and fines is because it has become Public knowledge.
Same with a photo of a player with a line of white powder.

If they test positive, it is kept under wraps and no suspension is given.
Until such times as it becomes Public knowledge.

Which seems like a bit of a broken system to me.

Put a close knit group of young (immature) males together on a (end of season) bender and anti-social, unsavoury behaviour of some description is a likely outcome.

I don't subscribe to this 'workplace' nonsense. They're not 'at work' in any sense of that concept. The (working) season's over and they've been let of the leash by their employer to get loaded.

Who didn't do shit with a group of mates when young and hammered that you'd never ever do 'at your workplace' or when sober?
If you've never binged, been on a bender, got seriously loaded, then you'll probably find it difficult to comprehend what sometimes eventuates.

Put a close knit group of young (immature) males together on a (end of season) bender and anti-social, unsavoury behaviour of some description is a likely outcome.

I don't subscribe to this 'workplace' nonsense. They're not 'at work' in any sense of that concept. The (working) season's over and they've been let of the leash by their employer to get loaded.

Who didn't do shit with a group of mates when young and hammered that you'd never ever do 'at your workplace' or when sober?
If you've never binged, been on a bender, got seriously loaded, then you'll probably find it difficult to comprehend what sometimes eventuates.
That's been my experience and my observations of generations that have followed.

It's not a defence or excuse and I didn't have the guts to put that up.

Yeah if you can’t handle rape jokes and 9/11 re-enactments you shouldn’t be in the workplace

Wait wot
It isn’t a normal workplace. Pubs literally exist to feed mind altering substances to people.

If I worked at a comedy venue as security for a Jimmy Carr show, should I be dobbing on those in attendance for laughing at dark jokes?

To the bartender, get a new job that is morally decent if that’s your stand in life. Imagine having a moral compass where you facilitate the ruining of families through alcohol abuse and police addiction.

Let’s face it, the only reason why they have had suspensions and fines is because it has become Public knowledge.
Same with a photo of a player with a line of white powder.

If they test positive, it is kept under wraps and no suspension is given.
Until such times as it becomes Public knowledge.

Which seems like a bit of a broken system to me.

Unless you're Joel Smith

It isn’t a normal workplace. Pubs literally exist to feed mind altering substances to people.

If I worked at a comedy venue as security for a Jimmy Carr show, should I be dobbing on those in attendance for laughing at dark jokes?

To the bartender, get a new job that is morally decent if that’s your stand in life. Imagine having a moral compass where you facilitate the ruining of families through alcohol abuse and police addiction.

Is a bar a comedy venue now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I try to get to several every year. Most half decent comedians have long moved on from racist and sexist jokes unless it's about their own.

And I don't recall any comedian in the last decade at least making rape jokes and reenactments.
Jimmy Carr, Matt Rife, Shane Gillis. Any popular US comedian has made jokes about all of the GWS subjects.

And if Jimmy Carr was the Public face of a publicly listed company you'd think they'd be cool with it

We're not just talking about what's right or wrong but what an employee wants their employees to do

And if Jimmy Carr was the Public face of a publicly listed company you'd think they'd be cool with it

We're not just talking about what's right or wrong but what an employee wants their employees to do
It is the employers fault for the fact that they knowingly put their employee in a place where they will 100% be offended

Yes if it is legal

Bars owe the same duties to their employees. But it’s a bit of a sidetrack, they’ve been suspended and fined because what they did it beyond the pale in the context of representing the AFL brand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back