Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong manage their list so well. Have been managing guys left right and centre and we just play everyone all the time unless they’re injured and then regularly throw up these inept efforts like today and wonder why.

Way to throw away a season in one game today. Honestly have to question how bad our players want it after what happened last years GF and in the period 2019-2024 and yet so many mock Melbourne, Collingwood. What I’d give to win a GF irrespective of how we went years later.

The Carlton & Adelaide games are the ones I'm lamenting, we could easily be 6 point better than we are if we were slightly smarter in those finishes.

We beat the dees and swans by a combined 7 points, can’t expect to be undefeated in close games unless you are as kissed on the dick as Collingwood 2022-23.

The cats game was brutal because we played the conditions terribly AND kicked awfully at goal.

Geelong manage their list so well. Have been managing guys left right and centre and we just play everyone all the time unless they’re injured and then regularly throw up these inept efforts like today and wonder why.

Way to throw away a season in one game today. Honestly have to question how bad our players want it after what happened last years GF and in the period 2019-2024 and yet so many mock Melbourne, Collingwood. What I’d give to win a GF irrespective of how we went years later.

So it only took 1 loss for you to revert to this nonsense?

So it only took 1 loss for you to revert to this nonsense?
What nonsense?

The seasons been on a knife’s edge for weeks and up until today, they’d managed it but it always only took one game to throw it away, which they’d managed just as well.

Are you saying Geelong hasn’t managed their list / season well? They’ll finish second and have an armchair ride into the GF which could have been us. Hard not to be really impressed by what the Cats have done, which I assume you aren’t impressed with how they’ve managed their season.

And the amount of people that have laughed at Pies and Dees. What’s there to laugh at? They’ve won a flag. What has our team done achieved in 6 seasons? Enlighten me.

As disappointing as the loss is we haven't "thrown away" our season, we outplayed one of teams that are favoured to make the grand final this year. We were far from our best but we would of won comfortably had we capitalised on half of our opportunities. As long as we finish in the 8 we're a chance.

We're still a good chance at finishing top 4 If we win our last 2 games. Top 2 might be unlikely now but it's still possible if other results fall our way. Hardly the end of the world.

I'm more than happy to play the Swans or the Cats ANYWHERE in the first final.

But we need to finish 3rd or 4th first.

Be ready for the footy media who've been telling us how good we are all week to turn on us and say our weaknesses have been exposed.

I'm more than happy to play the Swans or the Cats ANYWHERE in the first final.

But we need to finish 3rd or 4th first.

Be ready for the footy media who've been telling us how good we are all week to turn on us and say our weaknesses have been exposed.
David King: "I've officially put a line through the Lions, they can't win the flag from here".

Surprised to see so many denying that Collingwood deserved that 50.

There's two issues here.

Mcrae whinging - yeah, dumb. And admitting that the MCG is a huge benefit to Collingwood - own goal.

But on the other hand. He's right. It was 50m every day of the week. The player ran over the mark. Fair. The umpire called him back about 10m, and marked the spot he had to go to. The swans player went back about 2m, not even half way to the umpire and raised his arms. At that point it's 50, every time.

The third part is that McStay correctly pointed that he was way over the mark, and rather than waiting and forcing the umpire's hand with the Swan still massively over the mark, McStay played on and let them off the hook. Honestly, if he'd waited another second, the ump probably would've had no choice but to blow the 50.

They’ll finish second and have an armchair ride into the GF which could have been us.
How do you know that? Do you have the ability to see into the future?

They could lose to the Saints next week as unlikely as that sounds. Even if they do go on to finish top 2 they could lose in straight sets or get pumped in the prelim. 2 more rounds to go, plenty can change before finals.

As disappointing as the loss is we haven't "thrown away" our season, we outplayed one of teams that are favoured to make the grand final this year. We were far from our best but we would of won comfortably had we capitalised on half of our opportunities. As long as we finish in the 8 we're a chance.

We're still a good chance at finishing top 4 If we win our last 2 games. Top 2 might be unlikely now but it's still possible if other results fall our way. Hardly the end of the world.
I’m not buying we’re getting anywhere near top two. Swans would need to lose both games (Crows at home and Bombers in Melbourne) and Cats would need to lose against Saints at Marvel or Eagles in Geelong. It ain’t happening. We stuffed it; plain and simple and IMO our flag chances went with it. Why? Because I don’t see us winning away against Swans or Cats come finals time and unless we can do that, we can’t make the GF. Love your optimism, but I only care about facts and today we blew it when it was all there for the taking. Amazing the players couldn’t see that or rather unable to capitalise on it which has been pretty symbolic of our season.

We stuffed it; plain and simple and IMO our flag chances went with it. Why? Because I don’t see us winning away against Swans or Cats come finals time and unless we can do that, we can’t make the GF.
Love your optimism, but I only care about facts
You saying you think something is an opinion, not a fact. I'd love for the boys to prove you wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You saying you think something is an opinion, not a fact. I'd love for the boys to prove you wrong.
Same, but I legitimately think they’ve made the task so much more difficult unnecessarily when the opportunity in front of us (finish top two) was so evident and I think we took it for granted and we’ve now paid the price which could have massive repercussions.

My reference to facts was that we lost today not a hypothetical to had we kicked straight; just to clear that point up.

Surprised to see so many denying that Collingwood deserved that 50.

There's two issues here.

Mcrae whinging - yeah, dumb. And admitting that the MCG is a huge benefit to Collingwood - own goal.

But on the other hand. He's right. It was 50m every day of the week. The player ran over the mark. Fair. The umpire called him back about 10m, and marked the spot he had to go to. The swans player went back about 2m, not even half way to the umpire and raised his arms. At that point it's 50, every time.

The third part is that McStay correctly pointed that he was way over the mark, and rather than waiting and forcing the umpire's hand with the Swan still massively over the mark, McStay played on and let them off the hook. Honestly, if he'd waited another second, the ump probably would've had no choice but to blow the 50.
That I didn't understand . It was a 50 every day of the week. Macca was over anxious of the time issue and didn't have time to think it through.

Same, but I legitimately think they’ve made the task so much more difficult unnecessarily when the opportunity in front of us (finish top two) was so evident and I think we took it for granted and we’ve now paid the price which could have massive repercussions.

My reference to facts was that we lost today not a hypothetical to had we kicked straight; just to clear that point up.
We'll see what happens.

I'm not writing us off after 1 loss in nearly 3 months.

We'll see what happens.

I'm not writing us off after 1 loss in nearly 3 months.
Neither am I; I just think it’s pretty unlikely now given the degree of difficulty to get it done. I know a lot of people mock King, but I think he’s one liner about not losing to what you know is bang on for today’s game. Anyways, fingers crossed it all works out.

Neither am I; I just think it’s pretty unlikely now given the degree of difficulty to get it done. I know a lot of people mock King, but I think he’s one liner about not losing to what you know is bang on for today’s game. Anyways, fingers crossed it all works out.

He also said our team last week was our best 22

Free bottling that up has sealed second for Geelong i think after we bottled up our game.
We re fighting for third here. Unless saints or west coast can beat cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back