Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

People will disagree with this but my view is the extent of the whiplash and force of head into turf was Walsh playing for a free.

I look forward to AFL implementing a rule for this one. If someone has a head injury or acting like they had one, play is stopped and they go for HIA and lose another 10-15 minutes of play time. It shouldn't be in the hands of club doctors. AFL takes control via a group of doctors who are watching video replay and letting Umpire know via their headset.

Stop the play and ask the player to leave the field saying you're not coming back until test time is done. It'll make idiots faking their head injuries disappear in a blink.

Who would have the trade capital to offer the eagles something in the same universe as what Reid is worth to West Coast?

Can you offer your first and second round picks for the next 4 years?

Unless you can bring some sort of protected picks, Eagles could land the terrible end of the bargain scoring pick 15 to 18 for future 3 years.

He’ll probably go to another club who has screwed us over in the past as well
That's fine, one club at a time.
West Coast won a premiership off the back of a pick in the thirties for Yeo, at our expense.
If a Vic club screws them, I'll be rejoicing.

PS: The only club that has screwed us in the past that is due their comeuppance is Carlton.
St Kilda did it but they screwed themselves.

Last edited:
That's fine, one club at a time.
West Coast won a premiership off the back of a pick in the thirties for Yeo, at our expense.
If a Vic club screws them, I'll be rejoicing.

PS: The only club that has screwed us in the past that is due their comeuppance is Carlton.
St Kilda did it but they screwed themselves.
Refresh my memory - who were the "go home 5" and what were they as draft picks and what did we get for them from the predator clubs taking advantage of the mess we were in?

Refresh my memory - who were the "go home 5" and what were they as draft picks and what did we get for them from the predator clubs taking advantage of the mess we were in?
From Wiki
Sam Docherty
Elliot Yeo
Jared Polec
Patrick Karnezis and
Billy Longer
1719374248637.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton and West Coast made out like bandits. The rest in the end not so bad
Port got pick 11 back for Polec and Pittard. Very good return on "investment". :mad:

At the time I felt Longer was ok value, Karnezis was fine as an afterthought, Port put in a bit of effort in playing fair, and Carlton and West Coast set out to screw us sideways.

Dangerfield gets off. Bit of a laughable call... The knee jerk reaction will be that the AFL plays favourites which is fair enough to a degree. But looking at some of David Zita's tweets tonight, to me it more underlines the importance of a player being able to intelligently and articulately put across their position. The way it reads is that he totally destroyed the AFL's lawyer tonight without really needing a lot of help from his own lawyer.

End of the day it's a good outcome for us... Geelong would have no chance against Essendon without him.

I much prefer players getting a week for that, and then having to prove their case, as did Danger - than such incidents getting a petty fine.

Jackson Paine is still keeping our defence safe to this very day. Good trade
Wonder what Jack Payne must be doing then, probably flying planes or something of that importance ;)

year plane GIF

The discussion about Optus Stadium was both surprising and rather concerning with our game there in a couple of weeks particularly with a Swans game the following week. Hearing them say that it is by far the hardest ground and that players still feel the impacts of it days later is worrying.

So we are North, Swans, Suns, Crows fans today? Who do we prefer to win that late game tonight? Bombers / Cats?

Bombers? I think it is easier is the Cats are dead. If we can’t make top 4, full offence to Essendon, they will serve as a nice semi opponent for someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back