Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a sense of playing within ourselves and saving ourselves for some bigger games ahead.
So I agree, this will be another game where we just do what we have to, to win.

The one major exception being a ruthless belting of Port. Imagine celebrating the 2004 flag when your playing the Lions. They were fired up for that one.

They need an absolute proper belting first.

Before they get Leppa for next year.

Seriously though this isn't the sort of game where we would belt them

Just another get the job done game.
Simmo's been a good servant for the WEagles, and a premiership coach. He deserves a farewell game, with a 100+ point thrashing at home at the hands of the Lions. That would be enough to send him off if he survives the week.
(not that I wish anyone loses their job).

Though I agree, just make sure we get the win and avoid any injuries. We can't get ahead of ourselves in any game for the remainder of the year.

With Gawn injured and their reserves rucks towelled up by Fort and Smith surely Melbourne won't play finals

Full Cream into the ruck. He was their best ruckman the previous week but then sat as an emergency.

His time to shine!

Heeney given a week. Webster body drops at the worst time there. Swans will go for careless you'd think.
The rule is pretty clearly stating its "usually" intentional. That usually is going to get some good bloke challenging

With Gawn injured and their reserves rucks towelled up by Fort and Smith surely Melbourne won't play finals

You have to feel for Mitch Lewis, what a terrible way to rupture your ACL
Yes, both injuries of course leading into matches they would otherwise be well favoured to win, against teams within a game of us on the ladder 🤦

Collingwood have also lost a couple more by the sounds heading into their Geelong game, the Bulldogs have copped more injuries for their match against Carlton.

So I won't be holding my breath for a clean bill of health for the Suns leading into their game against Port.

We're just going to have to keep winning.

Finally got around to watching Fagans after game presser.
He mentioned Wilmot did a good job on Rankine when he played forward.
With that in mind i think we keep the side that played in the 2nd half of the game, with Fletcher at HB.

Out: Starch
In: Brain getting the sub role.

Morris to start on the field.

And now for something completely different

The elephant that should be in all the "experts" room.

The Bulldogs!

Year after year we hear what a fabulous a list they have , how THIS is going to be the year where they shine and storm into the finals. The plain facts are that apart from that (arguably) fluky Premiership in 2016 and the 2021 GF when Melbourne handed them their arses on a platter, they have done bugger all for years.

The thrashing they got from Port this round was typical Bulldogs and very predictable

Go into the game as firm favourites with the Melbourne media and then barely give a whimper.

For the Dogs it's Bont or bust.

We demonstrated that when we kicked their butts in a few weeks ago ...........and in Melbourne when we were friendless and supposedly "gone".

Berry shut down Bont and they looked impotent.

When will the scribes and the commentators ever wake up to this bunch of pretenders?

The Bulldogs!

Year after year we hear what a fabulous a list they have , how THIS is going to be the year where they shine and storm into the finals. The plain facts are that apart from that (arguably) fluky Premiership in 2016 and the 2021 GF when Melbourne handed them their arses on a platter, they have done bugger all for years.

The thrashing they got from Port this round was typical Bulldogs and very predictable

Go into the game as firm favourites with the Melbourne media and then barely give a whimper.

We demonstrated that when we kicked their butts in a few weeks ago ...........and in Melbourne when we were friendless and supposedly "gone".

When will the scribes and the commentators ever wake up to this bunch of pretenders?
Not sure if I heard correctly today but think I heard it said that they had not won two games in a row all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if I heard correctly today but think I heard it said that they had not won two games in a row all year.
They have won 2 in a row on 3 occasions but never won a third.

The Bulldogs!

Their only good defender is out for a month in jones, so they might drop off a bit.

I read it and will not be watching. Looked like unintelligible gibberish just from the transcript.
Riveting non the less for all the wrong reasons. Not coherent at all, talking over each other, locking horns, going off tangent and nonsensical.

I read it and will not be watching. Looked like unintelligible gibberish just from the transcript.

It was tough to watch.

The only good bit was when they were getting nowhere and Kane jumps in with “so Jeffrey is there anything you regret? Any regrets at all?”. It was comedic.

Riveting non the less for all the wrong reasons. Not coherent at all, talking over each other, locking horns, going off tangent and nonsensical.
For all those reasons I had a laugh , kind of comical, reminded me of those two guys that used to take off the polititions v journos.
Would love to hear what Jeff thinks about where the AFL is going with all these rule tweeks mid season and draft rules.

Their only good defender is out for a month in jones, so they might drop off a bit.
They have certainly dropped off in the all-important seedings.

This week's fake seeds as brought to you by BRAB

#1 - Sydney 151% (#1 in attack, #2 in defence - down 1)
#2 - Western Bulldogs 125% (#2 in attack, #8 in defence). Their % takes a hit due to only beating the #18 seed by 3 goals.
#3 - Fremantle 118% (up 3, #8 in attack - up 2, #1 in defence - up 1). Freo leapfrog us on the back of a strong performance against the top seed
#4 - Brisbane 116% (#4 in attack, #10 in defence - down 1)

GWS slip back to #5 on the back of a poor performance against Adelaide. 115%, still #7 in attack and #3 in defence.

Carlton round out the top 4 teams in attack at #3. 112%, #13 (down 1) in defence, #6 (down 1) overall.

Melbourne come back into the top 4 defensively, at #4 (up 1). 97%, #13 in attack, #10 overall.

The fake model has us beating Adelaide (#11 overall - up 1, 97%, #12 in attack - up 2 and, #6 in defence) by 15 points.
Bit of movement at the station after some upsets and/or surprising performances!

#1 - Sydney 142% (#1 in attack, #3 in defence - down 1). A 14% slide in just 2 games 😲 but still a comfortable margin out in front
#2 (up 2) - Brisbane 118% (#3 in attack - up 1, #8 in defence - up 2). Bit of a rise by default for us this week. Arguably our performance against Adelaide was slightly under par, but Sydney's unexpected loss to St Kilda actually gives us a boost, because we've played the Saints but not the Swans.
#3 (down 1) - Western Bulldogs 118% (#4 in attack - down 2, #9 in defence - down 1). Another team with a big slide down from 131% just 2 weeks ago.
#4 (up 1) - GWS 117% (#7 in attack, #2 in defence - up 1). Even tho they conceded over 100, the Giants actually improve their defensive rating. This is because the model allows for Carlton's strong attack.

Despite beating Richmond, Fremantle (112%) slip back to #6 due to the Tigers' poor rating. Still #8 in attack and #1 in defence.

On the attack side, Carlton are up to #2, with a rating of 114%. #5 (up 1) overall, #14 (down 1) in defence.

Defensively, St Kilda sneak back to #4 after holding Sydney to their 2nd lowest score for the year. 90%, #16 in attack, #14 overall. They replace Melbourne, who drop to #5 defensively. 97%, #13 in attack, #11 overall (down 1).

As requested by Dalions, I have really branched out on this week's forecast. The model has us beating West Coast (65%, #17 in attack, defence and overall) by 55 points. It doesn't really factor in home ground advantage. But I'm working on a "sacked coach" module.

For all those reasons I had a laugh , kind of comical, reminded me of those two guys that used to take off the polititions v journos.
Would love to hear what Jeff thinks about where the AFL is going with all these rule tweeks mid season and draft rules.
That what I want to hear are his thoughts about the AFL because we know outside people like Jeff / Sam Newman (irrespective of what you think about them personally) they will actually speak the truth about the AFL unlike pretty much all AFL media who are all panderers to the AFL and too afraid to speak out about anything because they are so far up there arses and probably too scared of having their accreditation torn up so they just constantly backslap the AFL no matter what they do. Apart from that, I found the interview funny and like I always do think that smarmy Sam McClure is the biggest brown nosing trying to be relevant and takes himself far too seriously excuse for a journalist you’d ever come across. Just an A grade dick and have never had time for him.

That what I want to hear are his thoughts about the AFL because we know outside people like Jeff / Sam Newman (irrespective of what you think about them personally) they will actually speak the truth about the AFL
The distinction is between people "speaking their mind" as opposed to them speaking the truth. There's certainly a boy's club in the media, but just because someone says something different, doesn't make it right, particularly when they've a history as being egocentric.

The distinction is between people "speaking their mind" as opposed to them speaking the truth. There's certainly a boy's club in the media, but just because someone says something different, doesn't make it right, particularly when they've a history as being egocentric.
People will have you believe the AFL only speaks the truth and that is how they all portray everything and turn everything back on the person that ever speaks out. Any intelligent person can see through the AFLs BS and doesn’t buy into their narratives yet so few people ever call them out. If that’s egocentric then so be it but you could name the top ten most prominent AFL journos and they’re all fan boys of the AFLs narratives.

Yes, both injuries of course leading into matches they would otherwise be well favoured to win, against teams within a game of us on the ladder 🤦

Collingwood have also lost a couple more by the sounds heading into their Geelong game, the Bulldogs have copped more injuries for their match against Carlton.

So I won't be holding my breath for a clean bill of health for the Suns leading into their game against Port.

We're just going to have to keep winning.
😂🤦

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back