Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much what every fan of every other club say about us.

The difference is Carlton have a captain who has put his team on his back, and dragged them to quite a few wins.
Indeed their captain is even prepared to put his other people's opponents bodies on the line if that is what it takes to win.

neale has carried this team to innumerable wins since crossing over, considerably more times than cripps has in the same time frame
I honestly can’t think of one game, where we’ve been behind, where Neale has put the team on his back, and dragged us to the win.

There’s no disputing Neale has had some monster games. But not one where I can say Neale dragged us to a win from a near certain defeat.

I honestly can’t think of one game, where we’ve been behind, where Neale has put the team on his back, and dragged us to the win.

There’s no disputing Neale has had some monster games. But not one where I can say Neale dragged us to a win from a near certain defeat.

Doesn’t have to be a come from behind victory

One of the rare games where you almost knew 20 seconds into the game that it was going to be a bit of a reaming.

Carlton were 3 or 4 paces off the game from the get go. Still a lot of time left but I don’t know how they turn this around.

Well I called it

Well I called it

I missed the game but useful fodder to keep believing that Carlton are overrated and overyhyped.

I assume weitering spent his time 'shutting down' Cadman whilst the rest of the GWS forwards had a very comfortable time because he doesn't help his other defenders?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if the criteria is comeback wins (which is an odd way to put it) then essendon v brisbane 2022 definitely fits that bill.

but there have been so many other games where neale's been the difference between a loss and a win where its a tight game. best example of which is the 2022 elim final.

hes probably the most tagged player in the league over the last 5 years for a good reason.

Why the hell do coaches tell their players to stop playing the way that got them ahead in the first place? Always baffles me.

I’d love to see the breakdown of the probabilities informing the strategy. Something around time left, expected % of possession your team will have during that period, ability to drain the clock with that possession etc etc

I suppose they would say it worked because they still won by 2 goals.

Rd 2 2022 vs Essendon, can’t think of any others off the top of my head but only won that because of Neale

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back