Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

On the other hand, they can win all 3 and still miss the 8, if results go against them. So their destiny is out of their hands.
And who would have thought 3-4 weeks ago that if all results go against Sydney, they could fall out of the 8.

And who would have thought 3-4 weeks ago that if all results go against Sydney, they could fall out of the 8.

Freo is another interesting one. That loss against Essendon has meant instead of even on points with us for 2nd, they're now only a win and % inside the 8 with games against 5th, 4th and 3rd to come.

Tom Hawkins has also announced his retirement.

Martin clearly went on one year too many but him and Tigers were obviously wanting to get him to 300; its otherwise been a circus and I'm pleased that he's retired and it never got to the stage of the Suns taking him because it would've been a bigger circus had he joined them and he's never what they needed.

Have to feel for Taranto and Hopper after what Hardwick sold them only for him to leave, obviously Cotchin and Riewoldt retiring, which was going to happen anyway and now all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli and Graham will be at new clubs next year.

Anwyay, if you're Richmond and Yze, better for all this to happen now and get a good 2-3 years go at the draft before the compromised drafts come into effect.

Lets see how many of their "100,000 members" show up to games now.

Surely they don't?

Unless Martin and his manager have deliberately manufactured the "retirement" to get Martin in the news and receive all the love and goodwill he's about to receive (360 and the like will be full of him tonight) only to phoenix into a Suns jumper. I just hope the Suns don't fall for it although Hardwick's comments a few months ago suggest I guess they could.

Surely they don't?

Unless Martin and his manager have deliberately manufactured the "retirement" to get Martin in the news and receive all the love and goodwill he's about to receive (360 and the like will be full of him tonight) only to phoenix into a Suns jumper. I just hope the Suns don't fall for it although Hardwick's comments a few months ago suggest I guess they could.
Luke Hodge II

Only this time it's scripted.

Surely they don't?

Definitely, a 33 year old unmotivated Dusty would be a horrendous pick up by the Suns, surely even they couldn't be that brainless.

Definitely, a 33 year old unmotivated Dusty would be a horrendous pick up by the Suns, surely even they couldn't be that brainless.

The only rider you could put on that is unless he hasn't been trying at all. Even so he's no great role model and all he would do is put a few bums on seats if he managed to stay in the team.

But overall has looked cooked to me for a while. He'd be happy to take the money but it would be a backward step for the Suns and Dimma isn't that silly. Even if the AFL paid for it.

With 4 points and 8% between us I’m now a dockers fan for the next three weeks. If they can win all their games it lets us still finish top two if we drop a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I am all for the Dockers playing at home beating the Cats this week.
After that i will reassess depending on the next rounds results.
It is just that the Cats will win their last two against the Saints and Eagles. So, want the Cats to drop one of the three.

Of course, the most important result is the Lions beat the Giants.

Just quietly, I can't remember a season that was ever this interesting. Not to date myself too much, but I used to watch the Bears as a kid and this is the first time I can ever remember watching multiple games each round. And now watching last night's 360 and I'm barely skipping at all (I normally skip segments I don't care about).

If this is finally the 'equalisation' coming off, then it's been worth it haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly, I can't remember a season that was ever this interesting. Not to date myself too much, but I used to watch the Bears as a kid and this is the first time I can ever remember watching multiple games each round. And now watching last night's 360 and I'm barely skipping at all (I normally skip segments I don't care about).

If this is finally the 'equalisation' coming off, then it's been worth it haha.
Wow! You didn’t skip any of 360 last night!?

I used to watch it regularly and skipped only a segment here and there.
Then I noticed that i was killing more and more
Until I got to not bothering at all. 😂
Maybe I’ll give it another watch.

Until I got to not bothering at all. 😂
The self appointed moral arbiter of the AFL G Wheatlee is at the Olympics so he is not hosting at the moment... although Mr Slobbo would still be.

Martin clearly went on one year too many but him and Tigers were obviously wanting to get him to 300; its otherwise been a circus and I'm pleased that he's retired and it never got to the stage of the Suns taking him because it would've been a bigger circus had he joined them and he's never what they needed.

Have to feel for Taranto and Hopper after what Hardwick sold them only for him to leave, obviously Cotchin and Riewoldt retiring, which was going to happen anyway and now all of Bolton, Baker, Rioli and Graham will be at new clubs next year.

Anwyay, if you're Richmond and Yze, better for all this to happen now and get a good 2-3 years go at the draft before the compromised drafts come into effect.

Lets see how many of their "100,000 members" show up to games now.

It sucks a bit for Taranto and Hopper but also they absolutely butcher the ball and that’s a good part of the reason they are heading into a hard rebuild now. Their best prime midfielders are now players who can win the ball but do nothing with it.

Injuries have made them a lot worse than they were this year but in the coming years it’s going to get uglier especially if some of their top ball users in Rioli, Baker and Bolton leave.

It sucks a bit for Taranto and Hopper but also they absolutely butcher the ball and that’s a good part of the reason they are heading into a hard rebuild now. Their best prime midfielders are now players who can win the ball but do nothing with it.

Injuries have made them a lot worse than they were this year but in the coming years it’s going to get uglier especially if some of their top ball users in Rioli, Baker and Bolton leave.
Agree, Prestia, Hopper and Taranto are very, very average kicks. Can't even handball to another midfielder who kicks better with them all at clearances!

There are only two teams, Geelong and Sydney, who can avoid even a partial rebuild - nearly everyone else has failed dismally. The Tigers premiership players are now all trying to flee the sinking ship as soon as they can and Richmond are in for a world of pain like WC has been. At least they had a one of the best teams of all time who won some dominant premierships.

Well my lions brothers and sisters we had something go our way. The mighty dons doing over the dockers!

Such a shame our crow brethren didn’t quite knock off the cats.

Intriguingly if we win 2/3 we will likely finish top 2. If we win 2 more:

Swans probably stay above us although who knows, could lose 2.
Dogs can’t overtake us
Cats likely lose to dockers away
Giants likely lose at least 1 of 3 tough games (and we have that in our hands this week
Port have dockers away and a showdown and only need to lose one

HOWEVER lose just one more and we’d be very likely behind all of them plus carlton, likely elimination final away.

So 1 win difference = the difference between a home qf or away ef!

As big as our run has been, if we get knocked off this week to face the pies at the g it will all be for nought! Said before losing week one or two of the finals the worst possible result. Short pre season, crap draw, no real confidence from the finals campaign.

This weekend is just massive given the pies game could be very tricky.

Until I got to not bothering at all.
It's mainly watching the recaps of the games that impact us. Still hoping that Hawthorn don't make the 8 haha

The Dimma & Dusty effect on the Gold Coast is real. I have a colleague and her husband who are die hard born and bred Richmond nuffies. Husband bought a Suns membership this year, and drives down every fortnight. Saw my colleague today, and she was wearing a Suns lanyard with her work ID on it.

The Dimma & Dusty effect on the Gold Coast is real. I have a colleague and her husband who are die hard born and bred Richmond nuffies. Husband bought a Suns membership this year, and drives down every fortnight. Saw my colleague today, and she was wearing a Suns lanyard with her work ID on it.
So it's not just nuffies like Elixuh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back