Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarryn Thomas & St Kilda ... I suppose at least there is a level of cultural alignment kulture they can work with there...

Upon reading of this news my first thought was St Kilda/Tarryn Thomas a perfect fit for each other. Further reading reveals that Gubby Allen is the matchmaker of this union. Nothing more needs to be said.
St Kilda, culture of grubbiness, perennial sewer dwellers.

Looking for travel advice. Round 24, I'll be in Melbourne for a footy trip to see a few games with a mate or two. No Lions game in Melbourne that weekend, but the wife has kindly given me the weekend off, and I'm not turning it down...

Melbourne-based board members and those who have visited:
  • Accommodation recommendations relatively cheap in the CBD area
  • What's your must-see and must-dos in Melbourne?
  • Where is good to watch the Lions game on Saturday night?

Looking for travel advice. Round 24, I'll be in Melbourne for a footy trip to see a few games with a mate or two. No Lions game in Melbourne that weekend, but the wife has kindly given me the weekend off, and I'm not turning it down...

Melbourne-based board members and those who have visited:
  • Accommodation recommendations relatively cheap in the CBD area
  • What's your must-see and must-dos in Melbourne?
  • Where is good to watch the Lions game on Saturday night?
Royal Derby Hotel Brunswick St Fitzroy,official pub of Melbourne Lions supporters,watch game,should be able to get a room upstairs for about 80 bucks,nothing fancy but top location to explore

Accommodation recommendations relatively cheap in the CBD area
Depending on what price point you're looking at, Alto Hotel on Bourke is somewhere I've stayed at a couple of times right in the CBD, incredibly convenient to both Docklands (walkable) and the MCG (train/tram). Melrose Apartments in North Melbourne is another one I've gone to a couple of times, but it's a bit less convenient.

Other things to do in Melbourne other than in Fitzroy - although many good coffee places and restaurants in Brunswick St.
Head to Lygon St in Carlton and eat some pizza. Also Brunetti for coffee and pastries (also in the city).
The graffiti lanes in the Melbourne city are also interesting and can be done walking to the MCG. Also drinks in Richmond pubs before the MCG games.
For something different, head down to St Kilda and have a drink at the Esplanade Hotel. Always interesting things happening in that area.

Last edited:
Other things to do in Melbourne other than in Fitzroy - many good coffee places and restaurants in Brunswick St.
Head to Lygon St in Carlton and eat some pizza. Also Brunetti for coffee and pastries (also in the city).
The graffiti lanes in the Melbourne city are also interesting and can be done walking to the MCG. Also drinks in Richmond pubs before the MCG games.
For something different, head down to St Kilda and have a drink at the Esplanade Hotel. Always interesting things happening in that area.
The Esplanade Hotel is great .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I would prefer a Swans win tonight, even though a Pies win could see us take 1st spot by tomorrow evening.

Just want to see the Pies crash out of finals and then we destroy a downhearted club next weekend at the MCG.

Did my latest ladder predictor and I now have us playing the Cats in a home QF.

I think I would prefer a Swans win tonight, even though a Pies win could see us take 1st spot by tomorrow evening.

Just want to see the Pies crash out of finals and then we destroy a downhearted club next weekend at the MCG.

Did my latest ladder predictor and I now have us playing the Cats in a home QF.
My principles are shaky. And I have no shame.

GO PIES

🤮

Then we have the added side benefit of being in the position to officially eliminate them from contention next Saturday. Which I find a quite delicious prospect.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. They're no chance tonight. Swans in a canter after one of the most visually awful first halves of the season.

The AFL tipsters got a few wrong over the past few weeks. Below their tips for the weekend.
There have been upsets for quite a while now so it may continue.
Seven games 11-0
One game 10-1
One game 9-2

TOTALS

Sydney 11-0 Collingwood
Brisbane 11-0 Greater Western Sydney
North Melbourne 10-1 West Coast
Fremantle 11-0 Geelong
Essendon 11-0 Gold Coast
Melbourne 0-11 Port Adelaide
Carlton
9-2 Hawthorn
Richmond 0-11 St Kilda
Adelaide 0-11 Western Bulldogs

The AFL tipsters got a few wrong over the past few weeks. Below their tips for the weekend.
Seven games 11-0
One game 10-1
One game 9-2

TOTALS

Sydney 11-0 Collingwood
Fremantle 11-0 Geelong
Essendon 11-0 Gold Coast
Carlton
9-2 Hawthorn
Richmond 0-11 St Kilda
Let’s hope the Brisbane game isn’t one they get wrong.

Seven games 11-0
One game 10-1
One game 9-2

TOTALS

Sydney 11-0 Collingwood
Fremantle 11-0 Geelong
Essendon 11-0 Gold Coast
Carlton
9-2 Hawthorn
Richmond 0-11 St Kilda
I'm surprised how confident everyone is in Sydney winning after last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back