Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been better if it was Port though. With Geelong having an easy game next week you’d assume, top 4 looks gone and even worse, looks like we’ll have Hawthorn or all teams.
Hopefully not all teams that would be tough 😊

Doubt many people on here will want to talk him up. But in all seriousness, Nick Daicos could genuinely become the GOAT IMO. I don't think even GAJ had the skill level Nick does (and I think GAJ was extremely skilful). To have that unparalleled kicking skill, with that amount of composure and that amount of pace. It's pretty special.

The only thing that i think might hold him back from winning multiple MVP's etc. and becoming the GOAT or one of the GOAT's is his contested game, I think GAJ was naturally better in that area to date (and Nick does play for too many free kicks). But if Nick improves his contested game, its hard to see him not winning at least a couple of MVP's and Brownlows.

FYI I think Gary is this century's current GOAT. Nick will need a good 7 year patch with multiple MVP's and Brownlows to rival Gary.

Nick's already gone past the hating him because he's a gun stage. Now for me you just have to respect and admire that level of ability. Took me a good 5 or 6 years to get to that stage with the Bont. So to do it in 2 years it's pretty remarkable.

The only thing that i think might hold him back from winning multiple MVP's etc. and becoming the GOAT or one of the GOAT's is his contested game, I think GAJ was naturally better in that area to date (and Nick does play for too many free kicks). But if Nick improves his contested game, its hard to see him not winning at least a couple of MVP's and Brownlows.
He will, but he's not quite there yet. It'd be good to see him be able to get out of being tagged while still influencing the game [what Neale and Bont can do].

It was weird reading a few comments from Pies fans yesterday that he doesn't play consistent footy that much.

Doubt many people on here will want to talk him up. But in all seriousness, Nick Daicos could genuinely become the GOAT IMO. I don't think even GAJ had the skill level Nick does (and I think GAJ was extremely skilful). To have that unparalleled kicking skill, with that amount of composure and that amount of pace. It's pretty special.

FYI I think Gary is this century's current GOAT. Nick will need a good 7 year patch with multiple MVP's and Brownlows to rival Gary.

Nick's already gone past the hating him because he's a gun stage. Now for me you just have to respect and admire that level of ability. Took me a good 5 or 6 years to get to that stage with the Bont. So to do it in 2 years it's pretty remarkable.

He's amazing. I did like when Ashcroft stole the footy of him but he doesn't have Daicos potential

We had our chance today and really odds were with us if the unthinkable happened and Cats dropped any one of their final two games and Port and Giants dropped one which could very well happen next week and we’ve blown top two for a second straight week. We really don’t care; I’m totally convinced.
So weird. We lost = we don't care. If only we cared more we'd win every game?

One problem we have is that when you play like we did in the first quarter the last 2 weeks it's difficult to adjust mentally when you can't get your hands on the ball all of a sudden.

Since we became a force we've developed mental demons with too many talented glamour players who are great when we've got control and not enough bread and butter do whatever it takes players who give you consistent backup and grit when things aren't going so well.

It's no one's fault . We've gone out and got the best players who were available that we could. Berry going off and Sharp coming in hurt us massively in this regard yesterday.

Bulldogs cantering it in against the Kangaroos(41 points up), another nail in the Magpies final 8 hopes.

The Pies abysmal percentage will make it almost impossible to make the 8 if the Dogs and Hawks win today.

Bulldogs cantering it in against the Kangaroos(41 points up), another nail in the Magpies final 8 hopes.

The Pies abysmal percentage will make it almost impossible to make the 8 if the Dogs and Hawks win today.
They can still jump Freo and get in.

They can still jump Freo and get in.
Doh, didn't factor in the Dockers, they play Port next week albeit it is at home but yer they could stumble out of the 8.

Would be an almighty fall for them.

Which means a Lions v Magpies EF at the Gabba is a distinct possibility in week 1 of finals. It would be shattering if they knocked us out of the finals at our home ground,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what has to happen for Pies to make 8th spot according to Kevin Pollard on twitter:

• Collingwood d Melbourne
  • West Coast d Carlton
  • St Kilda d Carlton
  • Freo lose to Port in Perth
  • Dogs and Hawks win last two games

This is what has to happen for Pies to make 8th spot according to Kevin Pollard on twitter:

• Collingwood d Melbourne
  • West Coast d Carlton
  • St Kilda d Carlton
  • Freo lose to Port in Perth
  • Dogs and Hawks win last two games

If Carlton beat West Coast today, I don't see Pies winning as well as closing the % gap to them. So if Freo lose to Port in perth (we need to win last round of course), we might get a banged up Carlton in first elimination. That'll be funny after how things have panned out so far.

If Carlton beat West Coast today, I don't see Pies winning as well as closing the % gap to them. So if Freo lose to Port in perth (we need to win last round of course), we might get a banged up Carlton in first elimination. That'll be funny after how things have panned out so far.
I don’t want to take the risk of losing to Carlton’s seconds team in week one 😞.

Everyone was talking constantly about who we'd play when we were going to finish 2nd , then the next week 3rd or 4th so I'll worry about who we play when there's a team and a fixed date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back